• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steiner Tactical 10x42 R's ?

solson

Private
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2013
AZ
Anyone out there have any experience with these? I've tried searching around and haven't had much luck finding much info on them. Basically curious if anyone has any first hand knowledge or experience on using these for spotting steel. I have some pretty sweet glass already in binos, a set of Swaro SLC 15x56's and a set of Vortex Razor HD 10x50's, and access to a pretty decent spotter in a Razor HD 27-60x85 that pretty much always makes the trip to the range/desert. Down side of all the above is while the glass is great to amazing, none have a reticle of any sort making precise corrections a bit of a challenge. I have been looking at the Bushnell Legend T 15-45x60 as it seems to be well liked from reviews and has a great price on it as well. In my looking around I came across the Steiner Tactical 10x42's with the SUMR reticle in them and they have piqued my interest. Most of our shooting is 1000 and in on a few steel silhouettes and various sized gongs set up in the desert. Curious if anyone has used these, or binos w/ reticle in general, for spotting shots on steel. Is 10x enough mag to accurately see what is going on and call corrections out to 1K? Or should I stick with my original plan and go with the Bushnell with much more mag but possibly not as good glass? Any thoughts, insight, or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.