• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision STEINER/TNVC TOR-MINI V2

Ironman8

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2014
Hey guys, haven't seen much talk about long term use and durability of this laser, so wanted to start a thread to get opinions...

Use case: Rifle mounted, not interested in using this on a handgun.
Application: Hog hunting and taking NV classes that lean toward "defensive" use of NV
Reason: To lighten up the front end of a rifle that wears a LPVO and suppressor where NV capability is desired but is a secondary function for the rifle.

1) Any durability issues seen over the long(ish) haul while using this?
2) Any issues with loss of zero?
3) How do you like the "switchology"?
4) Anything that makes it hard to use from a functional standpoint?
5) Any reason why this couldn't be used in conjunction with an IR light on a tape switch as a "defensive" tool...provided that you get the switchology to work for you? (hog hunting I'm sure is not going to be an issue)

Thanks in advance!

Have had one over a year for exact same reasons. Works perfectly for me hunting pigs, typical ranges 30-150m. Really like the low power setting to eliminate “bloom”. Has retained zero without issues, button functions well. Only complaint is there isn’t a small visible indicator in back end in case it’s left on, but is supposed to turn off after five minutes on its own. Have only needed to change batteries once in past year.

I have one on the end of my thermal rifle chambered in 6SLR. I use it so when the guy on the thermal scope detects something he can activate the lightweight IR laser and the guys on NV can see exactly what the thermal scope is pointing at. This concept has worked very well and the TOR fits the job perfectly. The TOR has held point of aim and has worked flawlessly. There is no led showing if it is activated or not. It does automatically turn off after 5 min.

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
I have been thinking about snagging one to throw on a Benelli M4 for night shoots. Any idea if it would hold up to shotgun recoil?

I have been thinking about snagging one to throw on a Benelli M4 for night shoots. Any idea if it would hold up to shotgun recoil?
Resurrecting this one. Anybody run one on a 3.5 12 gauge runnin buckshot. Curious how it's holding up with these as the recoil is fairly intense

I have had one of these for awhile and its been good. I ran it on a 22lr handgun (which was fun), and ive ran it on a 300BO. Seemed to hold zero just fine. I do a converging zero, so i check my zero everytime i go out. The switching kind of sucks on it, and that's why its just a backup for me.