• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner warranty

Matalpa

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2012
Spokane, WA
Really want a T5Xi in 3-15 for a rifle that will be used for hunting and target work. Just wondering what your experience with Steiner warranty service has been like? I have used Leupold and Nightforce a bit and they have trerated me pretty well, hoping that Steiner is good, too.

Now if someone will get some more demo scopes in.

Thanks!

They are G2G and will get you taken care of. Doubt you’ll ever need it though.

I'd rank Steiner up with, maybe a half step behind Vortex for their CS in my experience. You'll be taken care of if you ever need to use them, no worries.

Steiner is Burris so your sending it back to Colorado. My 3-12 x 56mm I bought 8 years ago, after dropping it several times, has never missed a beat. They service all German made optics there as well.

I think it was a eurooptic demo, bought it for $1600. No other experience with their customer service other than they were running a deal where you bought an old Military line model and you got a free $400 pair of 10x Steiner Police binoculars. The promo had ended months earlier but I sent it in along with the label from the box as proof of purchase and they sent me the binos for free! Binos are as good as the scope which means it never breaks and always works and you never have to think about it.

Reactions: Aescobar17
Hadn’t dealt w Steiner directly but a few years back I sent a burris for repairs (canted reticle). It was fixed and calibrated, shipping back and forth included, it may have taken 3-4 weeks total. So that in my experience their service was excellent

Last edited:
Steiner has good Customer Service. I had to send a T5Xi 5-25 back for failed parallax. They sent me a brand new scope. Only complaint is it took a while for me to get a scope back. 2-3 Months IIRC

Well, I am about to get to try Steiner’s warranty service. Got to send in a T5Xi. So I’ll let you know my experience. Having issues with sudden point of impact shifts.

This maybe off subject but is the Steiner MX series the same scope components as the XTR 2? Or is it a step above?

No, entirely different development teams.

Military series is more than one step above the XTR2.

Well, I am about to get to try Steiner’s warranty service. Got to send in a T5Xi. So I’ll let you know my experience. Having issues with sudden point of impact shifts.

Its pretty easy, go to their web sight and open a case. Make sure you check the rifle over well. Try another scope and make sure the rifle isn't doing anything weird to you.

I am waiting on a PX4i, now. Current estimated turnaround time I received was 1-3 weeks. I had a TX5i in a couple years ago for the turret update. I want to say they turned that around in a couple weeks also.

Reactions: Chasing3
Yep, I am training now. Checked the gun first, scope mount, all meet torque specs. Had three other members shoot it. Same thing.