• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stepping into precision from 2-gun/USPSA (Florida Panhandle)

Dead_Fred

Private
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2022
Pensacola, FL
I've browsed this forum before, but figured it was time to make an account. I have shot 2 gun and USPSA for a few years now, on and off and I am looking to take the plunge to more precision builds and dipping my toe in the PRS scene here in the Pensacola area. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here and sharing my experiences as they warrant discussion.

Two future builds in the works at this point:

6 ARC AR-15PRS Style Bolt Gun
- Proof 20+" barrel
- Billet receivers
- PRI Delta 15" HG Going to fit an ARCA full length rail
- Magpul PRS stock
- Superlative Adjustable Block
- JP FMOS BCG and SCS
- Leupold MK5HD 3.6x18 (reticle TBD)
- Quality mount or rings
- Trigger Tech Diamond
- OCL Polonium
Lots more unknowns here. I won't be loading my own ammo (I know, I know)
just don't have the space or the time. Leaning towards the Bergara Premier
Competition Rifle chambered in 6 creed or 6.5 creed. I'd love to have a rifle
in 6 Dasher, GT or even some of the Nosler loadings but without reloading the
ammo availability/variety isn't there. Scope and equipment between the two
rifles will be similar, but probably a 5x25 on the bolt gun.

My initial questions are: What are the must haves regarding equipment for a hobbyist getting into PRS (bags, bipods/tripods, kestrel, rangefinder, ect.) and what is a realistic expectation for equipment cost to do it right.

I know you can go out to a USPSA match with a XD, serpa and $10 mag pouches, but are you going to have a real experience in the course of fire? I'm absolutely not trying to make a living, just to have fun and not feel like I'm really limited by a lack of equipment.

before you buy a bunch of stuff, hit a prs match or two and see what folks are using and how. most everyone will let you fondle their stuff (gun stuff...) at least after the match. and most will let you use their stuff at your first couple matches (rangefinder, kestrel, bags, tripod, etc).

photo-caption-news-reporters-police-umwhatcha-got-there-some-wild-sht-florida-man-a-smoothie.jpeg