• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 NEW PICS

Re: Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 NEW PICS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nakas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What manufacturer barrels are being used on builds? Krieger? </div></div>

The barrels on all of our rimfire rifles are Krieger.

Re: Stepping Up To the Plate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bbtoys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike - pulled this off the website -

"The “Sporter” conversion kit will include our own unique floor metal with five shot magazine and the necessary replacement components."

could you expound on this a little? is this an assy that replaces the trap door on your existing bdl trigger guard/trapdoor assy, that is if one is using a bdl stock? a picture is worth a thousand words.

thanks - van </div></div>

At this time, the information is protected and there won't be any pictures of it available anytime soon. The "SPORTER" system will be as disruptive and unique as the "TACTICAL" system.

BlackOps Tech said:
OK Guys, we were slowed down a little on the production of the magazines with a few issues related to the ultrasonic welding of the halves. The problem has been resolved and we'll have production magazines in a few weeks. We'll have capacity for better than 10,000 magazines per month.

Conversions are in the works for what we've received so far and we're doing a number of RAVAGE Package builds. [/quote

Mike
When you say <span style="text-decoration: underline">Coversions are in the works</span> Your doing the Sporters now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BlackOps Tech said:
OK Guys, we were slowed down a little on the production of the magazines with a few issues related to the ultrasonic welding of the halves. The problem has been resolved and we'll have production magazines in a few weeks. We'll have capacity for better than 10,000 magazines per month.

Conversions are in the works for what we've received so far and we're doing a number of RAVAGE Package builds. [/quote

Mike
When you say <span style="text-decoration: underline">Coversions are in the works</span> Your doing the Sporters now?
</div></div>

The conversions we're doing now are all TACTICAL Conversions. The SPORTER Conversion will likely not start this year.

Mike

Affirmative, I got it. Please keep us posted with the sporter R & D as you move forward. Like to build a CMP/squirrel and a sihloutte sporter rifle and the tactical is just not practical for that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">O.K. Guys, I know this took a while, but I finally had time to get the pics up of the Rimfire Conversion. The specs are:

Remington 40XB Action--BlackOps Technologies Controlled Round Feed Repeater Conversion.
18" Krieger Barrel, Threaded 1/2-28
BlackOps Recoil Lug
BlackOps Firing Pin
BlackOps Fire Control System
BlackOps Ejector
BlackOps Bolt Knob
BlackOps EHD DBM System
BlackOps 22LR Magazine (this is the 3D print, not the production version)
BlackOps Trigger
BlackOps SPECTER NV Mount
BlackOps/Manners MCS-T
BlackOps Forend Rail
AFAR Kit
Trademark BlackOps Fit and Finish
BlackOps Catalyzed Epoxy Stock Finish
MilSpec Cerakote

10ngh9h.jpg

alklf6.jpg

301k8ip.jpg

20uzj0j.jpg

358nwy8.jpg

2vdl5ea.jpg

i5bpqb.jpg

I'm finally flipping the switch on offering this service and we'll do full builds as well. The production magazines will be available within the next five weeks. Give Michelle a call and she'll get you going.

M. Gordon, your's is the next one in the mill.... </div></div>

FYI - I saw this at the range this morning. Engaging the steel target at 462 yards with regular clarity! This is an extremely nice rifle and beyond badass for a rimfire. If you've got one of these on order then you have a great rifle coming once the magazines are done. Very well done, Mike!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

FYI - I saw this at the range this morning. Engaging the steel target at 462 yards with regular clarity! This is an extremely nice rifle and beyond badass for a rimfire. If you've got one of these on order then you have a great rifle coming once the magazines are done. Very well done, Mike! </div></div>

Thanks Scott. We have quite a few of these in the works now, along with RANCH Rimfire Packages. We're getting all the conversions completed while we're awaiting a large Krieger order. A lot of 22's in the shop right now.

Do you have a list of people in line for the conversions and ideas of your conversion rate and time?

For the conversion, can we just send you the rifle and you send it back, or are we going to have to go thru an FFL?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a list of people in line for the conversions and ideas of your conversion rate and time?

For the conversion, can we just send you the rifle and you send it back, or are we going to have to go thru an FFL? </div></div>

Hey ColdDead,

If you own the rifle, you just send it in, they do their thing, you pay, they return rifle. Easy Peezy.

If you want, when I get mine back, I would be happy to meet up with you sometime so you can look it over/fondle/etc. I usually shoot the 22 match at WHAC on the 3rd weekend of the month.

Regards,
DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a list of people in line for the conversions and ideas of your conversion rate and time?

For the conversion, can we just send you the rifle and you send it back, or are we going to have to go thru an FFL? </div></div>

Hey ColdDead,

If you own the rifle, you just send it in, they do their thing, you pay, they return rifle. Easy Peezy.

If you want, when I get mine back, I would be happy to meet up with you sometime so you can look it over/fondle/etc. I usually shoot the 22 match at WHAC on the 3rd weekend of the month.

Regards,
DT </div></div>

Everyone has been putting in their names for the list, so I assumed that there was a line or priority list, and I didn't want to cut. Can't wait to see yours. I haven't shot the WHAC, but in reading the rules, isn't there a 'battle rattle' portion where you have a set time to shoot as many rounds as possible?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a list of people in line for the conversions and ideas of your conversion rate and time?

Hey ColdDead,

Regards,
DT </div></div>

Everyone has been putting in their names for the list, so I assumed that there was a line or priority list, and I didn't want to cut. Can't wait to see yours. I haven't shot the WHAC, but in reading the rules, isn't there a 'battle rattle' portion where you have a set time to shoot as many rounds as possible? </div></div>

I believe the list is for new rifles, but with just a rifle mod, it would be hard to impossible to try to keep a list to gether, other than a list as you call Michelle and make arrangements to send in your rifle. In other words a work que just like any other smith. But again thats my .02 and Mike coud prob answer better his MO.

As for the WHAC match, there is no "battle rattle". There are 4 strings of fire, and you have 120secs to engage 10 steel targets from 35-150 yards, then a bonus round with a target at 200 yds, 175 yds, and a know your limits at 65 yds, all steel. Very fun match. But I have always been seriously handicapped in trying to dial for all the targets, as well as loading single feed on my 40x. That is why I am so freaking excited for this conversion.

Regards,
DT

Did I miss a cost for a full build in one of your new actions? Also, what type of cost if this were put into an AICS?

TIA

Good luck

Could I get on the list for a 605? Looking forward to some news.

Mike this may be the second time I have asked, but could you put me on the 605 list. Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could I get on the list for a 605? Looking forward to some news. </div></div>

You're on the list and we're doing a lot of conversions and building quite a few RAVAGE packages on converted Remington 40X actions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike this may be the second time I have asked, but could you put me on the 605 list. Thank you </div></div>

You're on it J. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

What's the turn around time on the conversions?

Thanks </div></div>

+1

Have a barreled action ready to ship.

Hey D TROS, get yours back yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bunsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please add my name to the list for the 605, thanks. </div></div>

You're on it. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinU</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

What's the turn around time on the conversions?

Thanks </div></div>

+1

Have a barreled action ready to ship.

Hey D TROS, get yours back yet? </div></div>

Turn around right now is between six and eight weeks.

Mike has my 40X action. I will report back with a review when I get it. Looking forward to this rifle.

Re: Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 NEW PICS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
...The magazines are out (roughly) another five weeks.... </div></div>

Any updates??

Regards,
DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For everyone that's on the list for the Model 605 and/or a 40X Conversion, Michelle will be in touch via email starting October 1st. Please make sure your email address is in your profile. </div></div>

Thanks for the update, Mike. It is much appreciated and I look forward to hearing from Michelle soon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For everyone that's on the list for the Model 605 and/or a 40X Conversion, Michelle will be in touch via email starting October 1st. Please make sure your email address is in your profile. </div></div>

Hey Mike;

Sorry, I'm a late comer. Would you put me on the list for a 605?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speeddog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For everyone that's on the list for the Model 605 and/or a 40X Conversion, Michelle will be in touch via email starting October 1st. Please make sure your email address is in your profile. </div></div>

Hey Mike;

Sorry, I'm a late comer. Would you put me on the list for a 605?

Thanks </div></div>

You're on it. Thanks Eric.

Please add me to the list for the 605.
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoeO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please add me to the list for the 605.
Thanks </div></div>

You're on it. Thanks Joe.

For all of you on the list, Michelle started sending emails on October 1st for Pre-Orders of the Model 605 Rimfire Action. Basically, there's one big list and there's no discernment between the ones wanting to be on the list for conversions versus the Model 605, as the wants for the 605 far outweighed the conversions.

We're finishing up a number of conversions today, and I've been reaching out to a few of you. The conversions we expect to finish this week are:

DTros
A10XRifle
KYS338
MGordon

We have quite a few more conversions to do and either I or Michelle will be in touch.

The magazines are out another couple of weeks. The molds have been burned and we're nearly finished with the machined inserts. We're still working on the tooling for the Ultra-Sonic welder, but I expect we'll be shooting material within the time-frame we've given.

This project certainly hasn't been a small undertaking, but I want to Thank you guys again for sticking it out with me. If you have any questions, please call the shop and either Michelle or Tammy will get you squared away.

Mike
Be in Turdville, Afg starting Sat 05 Oct 12. Please holler at me via email for the Sporter Conversion. I am on the "way old" list when you start those after the new year. Be a nice gift after another round with the shitbirds.

Great to follow the thread after all these years.

Smag~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike
Be in Turdville, Afg starting Sat 05 Oct 12. Please holler at me via email for the Sporter Conversion. I am on the "way old" list when you start those after the new year. Be a nice gift after another round with the shitbirds.

Great to follow the thread after all these years.

Smag~ </div></div>

Yo Smag,
I'll keep you posted on the SPORTER Conversion. I'll get it finished up once we're rolling hot and heavy on the TACTICAL production. I imagine I'll be back on it right after SHOT 2013.

Any idea of a price yet? Or did I miss that post?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sikocycles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea of a price yet? Or did I miss that post? </div></div>

Michelle is sending that info out in the Pre-order email.

OK
I had my buddy from 5th Grp who worked the last SHOT look for you there during 2012. Did you have a booth or were you there networking?
You have pics of the 605 you send to my Profile email? I maybe interested in one for shiloutte as well.

Smag~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK
I had my buddy from 5th Grp who worked the last SHOT look for you there during 2012. Did you have a booth or were you there networking?
You have pics of the 605 you send to my Profile email? I maybe interested in one for shiloutte as well.

Smag~ </div></div>

I didn't have a BlackOps booth last year, but will have one at SHOT 2013.

No pics yet, but will be releasing them soon.

Will check from AFG. If you can when you release them see if you just send them to my PM email if you can. need something to relax after dealin with the Haj all day, week, month.

v/r

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will check from AFG. If you can when you release them see if you just send them to my PM email if you can. need something to relax after dealin with the Haj all day, week, month.

v/r </div></div>

Will do Smag. Be safe and I'll be in touch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I didn't have a BlackOps booth last year, but will have one at SHOT 2013.

No pics yet, but will be releasing them soon. </div></div>

Does that mean we could get them through dealers someday? Or still a by order business?

I sent my email in for the preorder, I cant wait!! Thank you Mike for keeping us up to speed with this project.

Mike,
I've been waiting for something like the 605 and would like to be added to the list, thanks for stepping up to the plate!
Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Will McG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,
I've been waiting for something like the 605 and would like to be added to the list, thanks for stepping up to the plate!
Bill </div></div>

You're on it....Thanks Bill.

Can I be added to the list, I have been thinking about having the conversion done on my old 40x but I think I want to keep it and just buy one of your actions. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JayCarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I be added to the list, I have been thinking about having the conversion done on my old 40x but I think I want to keep it and just buy one of your actions. Thanks </div></div>

You're on it Jay and Michelle will be in touch next week.

Thanks.