• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 NEW PICS

Re: Stepping Up To the Plate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeavyDuty_Ken</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ISBe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you would, please add me to the 605 list.

Thanks. </div></div>

You're on it....Thanks ISBe. </div></div>

Same here, please! </div></div>

You're on it. Thanks....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oodin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would also like to be on the list for the 605.

Thank you. </div></div>

You're on it....Thanks Oodin....

I just read the entire thread, and maybe I missed it, but was there a general price given for the 605?

From what I've understood it should be in the ballpark of their other custom rifles on their site.

Other than being able to put the 605 into a different stock than the MCS-T (any 700 stock), why does it seem so many are leaning toward the 605? I like the MCS-T stock and would like to get a centerfire in this stock at some point. It looks like the accuracy guarantee is the same for the 323/605. If you don’t want to change to a different stock, is there another reason to consider the 605 over the 323? Is the 323 the best bang for the buck?

Side trail: everytime I see this thread at the top I think I’m going to see pictures of the 605. And, I open it up to see another “put me on the 605 list” post. I’m sure there is some colluquialims to discribe the feeling. Needless to say, I’m looking forward to seeing the pictures of the 605 action to get a better idea what all is different.

All of you that are opening this thread expecting to see 605 pictures... denied.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rr155</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> All of you that are opening this thread expecting to see 605 pictures... denied. </div></div> You got me.

I think another advantage to the 605 is the DBM which has not been confirmed yet.

I would like to be on the PM list for the 605 project. Also would love to see some pictures of both actions. Thanks.

please add me to the list for the 605.

any updates or more info ?

If there is still information going out on this, I'd love to be put on the 605 list
smile.gif

Re: Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 NEW PICS

I'm long overdue to update this project and with all the phone calls, PM's and emails I've been receiving for a while now, I figure it's time to do so.

The Model 323 has been prototyped and we've been shooting them for a while (we actually shot a suppressed version quite a bit today). However, I won't be going forward with production on the Model 323 as the line simply isn't supported by a sound business acumen. After the stocks are made and the BOM is in place, the sales price is a bit above my target. I wouldn't necessarily consider the price too high if I were to offer one platform, but with the "full scale" Model 605 platform, it doesn't make sense to manufacture a similar platform that will run so closely in price point. I'm a bit bummed, as this platform is pretty impressive.

Not to worry, because I have better news on the Model 605. The action design is finished and this is a repeater. We can actually start production on the actions now, but I'm holding off until I've completed the magazine system.

I've played with the rotary magazines and although I'm somewhat encouraged, I don't see the technical feasibility being at a level that I regard as "safe." Not that the system wouldn't be safe operationally, but from a support standpoint.

What I can say now is the solution is way better than the rotary magazine approach. The Model 605 will have the ability to mount in any Remington 700 style stock, to include the AICS and "like" chassis'. It will be able to feed from AICS "style" magazines that, of course, plug into any currently available DBM that accepts AICS magazines.

I'm not quite ready to divulge any additional information than this, but if you have questions that I can answer without giving away the farm, I'll answer them.

I've scheduled another design review in two weeks and will likely have a prototyped "feeding" system ready to go soon. My goal at this point is to be in a position to start production in Q1 2012.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My goal at this point is to be in a position to start production in Q1 2012. </div></div>
It's a date
laugh.gif

I'm sorry about the 323. My son will me 21 this year.

Rotary mag Right Hand only, so the LH off the table 605 too.

Still a great project and I'll it.

I'm sorry about the 323. My son will me 21 this year.

Rotary mag Right Hand only, so the LH off the table 605 too.

Still a great project and I'll it.

Clever mag design of right mirror parts and, LH mags later.

OTOH, you just saved about $7500.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sorry about the 323. </div></div>

Me too. It was a good project and a really nice little rifle. Fortunately, the 605 is a much better way to go....

I forgot to mention, through the continued development of the 605 and the magazine system, we'll also offer repeater conversions for the Remington 40X receiver to accept the same magazines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I forgot to mention, through the continued development of the 605 and the magazine system, we'll also offer repeater conversions for the Remington 40X receiver to accept the same magazines. </div></div>

Sorry, what's the timeline for the 605 and the 40X conversions?

Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech
My goal at this point is to be in a position to start production in Q1 2012.

It's a date laugh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I forgot to mention, through the continued development of the 605 and the magazine system, we'll also offer repeater conversions for the Remington 40X receiver to accept the same magazines. </div></div>

Sorry, what's the timeline for the 605 and the 40X conversions? </div></div>

Based on my current progress, I plan to have everything ready to go by Jan 1.

Thanks for the update Mike! We're all looking forward to your design and new rifle. I can't wait! Thanks for staying with this project!

No problem. This has been one of those projects that had no easy answers/solutions. I had to wipe the drawing board clean twice and it was because of the magazine/feeding design.

I have another design review this week and will be very close to prototyping the magazine. Once the magazine is proto'd, I'll convert my 40XB receiver to a repeater and try it out for a while. I expect the kinks will be worked out by the end of December and we'll be ready to roll by Jan 1.

Mike,

I appreciate the update and looking forward to a 40XB repeater myself.

From what you know at this time, does it look like the conversion will be something you offer solely as an in house project?

or

Do you think you will offer conversion kits? If they are offered as kits will it require special tooling to convert the 40X(B) reciever to repeaters or can they be performed by lay people without access to specialized equipment?

In others words, can I do it myself or will I need to solicit the servces of a competent gunsmith?

Thank you in advance for your response and commitment of time and resources.

AR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aquatic_Robotic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

I appreciate the update and looking forward to a 40XB repeater myself.

From what you know at this time, does it look like the conversion will be something you offer solely as an in house project?

or

Do you think you will offer conversion kits? If they are offered as kits will it require special tooling to convert the 40X(B) reciever to repeaters or can they be performed by lay people without access to specialized equipment?

In others words, can I do it myself or will I need to solicit the servces of a competent gunsmith?

Thank you in advance for your response and commitment of time and resources.

AR </div></div>

AR,
That's a very good question. My "from the hip" response is that I would maintain the conversion in-house. The thought process to support this is that I don't think I'll have the bandwidth/personnel solely to support the amount of time to field questions pertaining to the conversion and it would be less time consuming to do the conversions.

Aside from this, there will be specialized machines/tooling required to perform the conversion correctly. My first few conversions will be done on a manual mill, but after the prototyping/testing, there will be a CNC set-up to support the conversions.

Once I get the system up and running, it may be possible to offer kits that won't require an excessive amount of support. Based on the drawings I've generated thus far, this is a possibility. If I offer the kit, it will contain all of the Black Ops Precision components necessary to perform the conversion.

One of the cool things about this conversion is that you'll be able to use anyone's SA DBM (Black Ops Precision, Badger Ordnance, Surgeon, R&D) with the 40XB action and the Black Ops magazine, and any properly inletted (for the DBM) Rem 700 SA stock and you have everything you need to put a full size trainer together. Or you could drop the newly converted barreled action into an AICS SA Chassis.

Any ball-park pricing on the 40X conversion? Pending the price you can put me down for at least one, and maybe 4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any ball-park pricing on the 40X conversion? Pending the price you can put me down for at least one, and maybe 4. </div></div>

Not yet. I'll have a better idea once I do the first few in-house conversions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What capacity will your next potential mag design be?

Or better yet, what details are you willing release on the next design?

I've always been a big fan of the Remington 513T/511/521T mags...5 and 10 shot models. They are cheap, easily available, solidly constructed and aftermarket ones are as reliable as factory ones. They lock up in the gun easily and quite solidly as well. </div></div>

At this point, I can't/won't release any magazine details.

I will be in for one on the 40x conversion.

Fire me a PM when you get close on the conversion. My 40XB is already sitting in its AICS waiting for you.

One more question. Is the 40X conversion going to be offered in a sporter style set-up like the 323? Or only in the larger AICS style?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jgn8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be in for one on the 40x conversion. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fire me a PM when you get close on the conversion. My 40XB is already sitting in its AICS waiting for you. </div></div>

Thanks Guys. You're on the list.

Please, put me on the list for a 605 repeater.

Thanks.

LRCampos.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more question. Is the 40X conversion going to be offered in a sporter style set-up like the 323? Or only in the larger AICS style?

</div></div>

I've given the sporter conversion a bit of consideration, but there doesn't seem to be enough interest. I can easily do the conversion, as the magazine, magazine hardware and floor metal are done, but I won't move on it unless the interest in having that type of conversion goes up.

Primarily, the interest has been in the "full scale" conversion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRCampos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.

Please, put me on the list for a 605 repeater.

Thanks.

LRCampos. </div></div>

Done. Thanks LRC.

What is the price point on the 605? I've tried the search and scanning through the pages but haven't spotted it. I know how much the 323 was going to cost but not the 605.

Thanks

You will probably get money.
A repeater my 40X sounds good.
I'm certainty watching the posts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more question. Is the 40X conversion going to be offered in a sporter style set-up like the 323? Or only in the larger AICS style?

</div></div>

I've given the sporter conversion a bit of consideration, but there doesn't seem to be enough interest. I can easily do the conversion, as the magazine, magazine hardware and floor metal are done, but I won't move on it unless the interest in having that type of conversion goes up.

Primarily, the interest has been in the "full scale" conversion. </div></div>

How much interest would it take to sway your vote on the 323 style conversion? And where have you offered so far? I know I'd take 3 of the sporter conversions, but the AICS conversion would serve me no purpose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm interested in the 40X conversion too. </div></div>

Roger that....You're on the list....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the price point on the 605? I've tried the search and scanning through the pages but haven't spotted it. I know how much the 323 was going to cost but not the 605.

Thanks </div></div>

I won't be ready to publish the pricing until January '12.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will probably get money.
A repeater my 40X sounds good.
I'm certainty watching the posts. </div></div>

Cool....Thanks Frog.

You're already on the list, so you'll see the blast go out when I squeeze the trigger on the conversions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more question. Is the 40X conversion going to be offered in a sporter style set-up like the 323? Or only in the larger AICS style?

</div></div>

How much interest would it take to sway your vote on the 323 style conversion? And where have you offered so far? I know I'd take 3 of the sporter conversions, but the AICS conversion would serve me no purpose. </div></div>

It would take a lot of interest to make it worthwhile. The components are already designed, but making components for just a few conversions doesn't make it a viable venture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more question. Is the 40X conversion going to be offered in a sporter style set-up like the 323? Or only in the larger AICS style?

</div></div>

How much interest would it take to sway your vote on the 323 style conversion? And where have you offered so far? I know I'd take 3 of the sporter conversions, but the AICS conversion would serve me no purpose. </div></div>

It would take a lot of interest to make it worthwhile. The components are already designed, but making components for just a few conversions doesn't make it a viable venture.

</div></div>

Hope you don't mind but I posted your info to some other websites that will likely bring more interest on the 323 "sporter" style conversion in hopes that enough people will contact you to make it happen.

Thanks again, and if you need a field tester/prototype tester for the 323 conversion, just let me know.
grin.gif

As per out talk this afternoon please put me down for a 605 action.
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Hope you don't mind but I posted your info to some other websites that will likely bring more interest on the 323 "sporter" style conversion in hopes that enough people will contact you to make it happen.

Thanks again, and if you need a field tester/prototype tester for the 323 conversion, just let me know.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Well, you're quite the salesman. I just spent nearly two hours answering emails from those interested in the Sporter Conversion, so looks like it's a go. I'm going to adjust the design on my Sporter components so the machining for the conversion will be no different than that of the Tactical conversion. This will allow me to run one fixture and program for both conversions.

I'll make an announcement through a PM blast when I'm ready, so if you're not on the list yet, shoot a request to me in this post. My list is managed through my UBB Buddies list and I don't want to keep multiple lists. This will help to ensure that I don't overlook anyone.

Mike,
Per your email earlier, I am interest in the sporter style mag conversion for the 40x rimfire. I shoot Silhouette and will need the smaller 5 shoot style magazines. I would be intersted in details of you 40x style complete action when it is available. It may be better to just purchase a complete action to build on than do the conversion.

Thanks, Paul Freeman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 65windcheater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As per out talk this afternoon please put me down for a 605 action.
Thanks </div></div>

Done....You're on it....