• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 NEW PICS

Hi Mike can we have an update on the complete rifle package? I sent a note at your web page but no response, thanks and keep up the good work.
Bill

Hi Will, I fixed the website email issue and sorry I haven't seen this post til now....I spend very little to no time online these days.

I published a few statements a month or so ago regarding making hunting weight actions first and then move into other full-time action production. There's a reason we have to do the hunting weight actions first and we're on schedule. I wish I could post pics/video of machining the actions, but the fixturing, etc., is proprietary.

The schedule still has us firmly into July for full-time production of the Rimfire receivers and bolts. We're already making the Rimfire bolt nose, firing pin, extractors, ejector, shroud, cocking piece, side bolt release and recoil lug.

Thanks Will and shoot me an email if you have any additional questions....it'll be the quickest way to get me these days.

Thanks for the update Mike I'm glad your so busy that's a good thing. Our business (boat repair mostly commercial) has for the first time in nearly 3.5 years come to a slow period and that's OK for a breather. In years past the months of July and August are typically the slow period so for us this is more the normal. It is simply amazing how your industry has been affected by our current officials in office with really no relief in sight. Keep up the good work.
Bill

Sporter Conversion Update

With everything we're working on now, the SPORTER Conversion will take a bit longer. We're making Centerfire Receivers (hunting weight configuration) now and will be running bolts starting next week. The Rimfire Actions are in production, as are our DBMs and NV Mounts and we're building 1911s and doing the 40X Rimfire Conversions. The Precision Weight Centerfire Receivers will be in production next month.

I'll keep everyone posted on the SPORTER Conversion.

Mike - what's the latest on the sporter conversion?

This project is about to have a fourth birthday! That is amazing!

Is Blackops still even in business? Haven't seen him on here in awhile after the the whole action bullshit.

I believe he still frequents the forum but doesnt post that much anymore. As for being in business ive wondered the same.....

I was so close to sending a $1800 deposit to them for my 22 trainer build right before I bought my MPR.

Deep sigh of relief that I didn't!!!

Edit...I almost got BUSHWACKED but was spared by the ineptitude of his dingbat secretary, ha.

Last edited:
I was so close to sending a $1800 deposit to them for my 22 trainer build right before I bought my MPR.

Deep sigh of relief that I didn't!!!

Edit...I almost got BUSHWACKED but was spared by the ineptitude of his dingbat secretary, ha.

So it wasn't just me that had problems with that woman. I was trying to get a build going on and in the middle of it I stopped getting replies from her. I wasn't going to chase a company down for them to take my money. About 3 weeks later she sent me an email apologizing but she basically lost my info.

So it wasn't just me that had problems with that woman. I was trying to get a build going on and in the middle of it I stopped getting replies from her. I wasn't going to chase a company down for them to take my money. About 3 weeks later she sent me an email apologizing but she basically lost my info.

Exactly!

She might have heard the storm coming and quit taking money, either way it looks like she saved you guys your $1800 deposits or more

This is very disappointing. I know that there are people on this forum that have their beefs with Mike, as he has always been opinionated and they have come off as abrasives at times, but he still is the only person who tried to bring the 22lr into the tac trainer game. Yes, stiller has made actions, but they're mostly gone (or I haven't been following them well, still love Jerry, he contributes a lot to this community). Mike paid attention to our very small interest group, and tried to give us what we wanted. I think that this still deserves our respect, but that does not absolve him from squaring away those he owes. I almost sent him my 40xb action, but I am now happy I sent it to Chad Dixon. I would still like to get Mike's conversion, and I hope he makes his way back into business with a new attitude, as he has the skills and wisdom, I just hope he can learn from this and see that any bad pr/cs results in the death of a company in this industry. There are many with the passion and skill, it seems that the issue is often a lack of business sense.

I guess this thread can fade into obscurity...
i hope not, maybe someone can buy the patent for his 22lr magazine and keep doing 40x conversions. A friend who is deployed emailed me today about wanting me to send off his 40x for a conversion. i was sad to tell him the news about black ops.