• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Steven Segal: Lawman - Now Airing on A&E

Re: Steven Segal: Lawman - Now Airing on A&E

Shaggy,

Did you mean Dots not Feathers!
laugh.gif

Cartman;

I dig. You are where I was maybe even just a few years back.

These days, my tolerances have shifted; probably because my life and my priorities have shifted. I used to be tougher than I am now, by a big margin.

As I age, I tend to mellow out and keep a firmer hand on my aggravations. Where they used to be annoying, nowadays they can actually be seriously debilitating. And besides, I have concerns close to me that are more important than any prejudices I might have been able to indulge a lot more freely once.

Just don't have as much time for the negativity.

Someday, priorities might seem similar to you as well; there's a lot of it going around once you see the other side of 60.

Greg

As long as there are movie's with an actor showing some fighting skills, real or make believe, someone else will always want to TEST them.

Happened with Bruce Lee all the time.

Time catches everyone Greg. In my twenties I was a pretty angry SOB who went out of my way to walk by shady looking types just hoping they would cause trouble. Now, in my forties, I cross the street and avoid it. In addition to fighting, I used to love to argue with anyone and everyone. These days I shake my head, go home, and tell my wife not to accept another dinner invite from those crazy commie pinkos -- who all seem to like us whenever we meet them even though we don't hide we're on the other side of the political world from them.

It's probably why the Founders put a minimum age on the guy who's going to be Commander in Chief.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cartman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In my twenties I was a pretty angry SOB who went out of my way to walk by shady looking types just hoping they would cause trouble. Now, in my forties, I cross the street and avoid it. </div></div>

Are you sure we have'nt met, we could be twins. I was an LEO in my 20's and took crime personally. Worked evenings and midnights for a reason, nuff said
wink.gif

Could be William...

Grew up dirt freaking poor, crazy abusive single mother, and never liked seeing defensless people get picked on, and yes, took it personally. Liked the big tough-LOOKING ones the best. Usually bullies like that have never had anyone stand up to them and really don't know what it's like to get hit square in the face. I'm a firm believer that it gives them a whole new perspective on harrassing innocent people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cartman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could be William...

Grew up dirt freaking poor, crazy abusive single mother, and never liked seeing defensless people get picked on, and yes, took it personally. Liked the big tough-LOOKING ones the best. Usually bullies like that have never had anyone stand up to them and really don't know what it's like to get hit square in the face. I'm a firm believer that it gives them a whole new perspective on harrassing innocent people. </div></div>

Yea, most bullies haven’t had someone stand up to them, they had their bluff in to most. A square shot in the ass seems to take the squeal out of most swine though. I worked a section of Hwy 80 in Bossier City when I was on the PD known as the strip. I worked it while on the evening shift, 1400 hrs to 2200 hrs. Nothing but Bars / Dives for 1 1/2 miles. I've seen my share of the real deal bad asses but I've also seen plenty of pretenders. I love seeing the big bad ass's cry when they realize all else has failed. There have been those though that put up a good fight and required a little extra persuasion, man I miss that job
wink.gif

Not trying to resurrect this or anything, but I just watched the episode "Street Justice," too funny; one of the guys from my old narcotics unit years, I mean years ago popped up mugging for the camera. I guess he's working dope in JP now. Then Segal goes and meets with my old Captain and Chief Eddie Compass. Freakin hilarious.

After being busted using canned tuna in a Jap-A-Leno, I was sent back to the USA. Fortunately, they sent me back to Vegas, so I thought I would just walk around the big gun show here. Yesterday, I was looking through a S&B on a nice rifle and trying to work with a turret when this big, actually I mean giant, face came into the field of view at the end of the aisle. It took my mind a minute to realize it was Steven. LOL. He must weigh 800 lbs.

He travels with a large posse.

I haven't laughed this much in a while!
That being said, Steven Segal is a real 7th degree black belt. Most people either love or hate his movies because he doesn't act much in them, they are usually just 100 minute ass kickings. The weight gain probably goes along with his age. Seems like a pretty respectable guy. I bet alot of the people flaming him on this post would never do it face to face lol. Anyway, I'm to tired of the simple routine cop shows. Steven Segal or not, it's still another cop show. Sure would like to know if any of these stories about him are true.

Gene LeBell allegedly choked out Bruce Lee in addition to Segal. Similar circumstances, reasons.

I had heard that Segal smacked Kelly LeBrock around. I don't get it. I entertained some serious fantasies about her after seeing "Weird Science".

Not a Segal fan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The weight gain probably goes along with his age.</div></div>

The weight gain goes along with stuffing his face. I know lots of old people of normal weight.

No, I can't kick Steven Segal's ass in unarmed combat - but I can keep him from getting close enough to do that. I have precision rifles for a reason. Distance is my friend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
He travels with a large posse. </div></div>

Was the 6' oriental beauty with him? He has frequently been seen with a gorgeous lady by his side.

Is this show suppose to be a comedy or serious business? I couldn't figure out if I was suppose to laugh my ass off, think WOW what a badass.

I met him at SHOT and he definitely had a large posse around him and he seemed like an alright guy.

His hair looked like it was painted on and he was acting like he was stoned and never took his glasses off, other than that he is one big guy all around and yes he has gained some weight for sure!

Adam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tanda10506</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I bet alot of the people flaming him on this post would never do it face to face lol. </div></div>
First, you don't know me very well and it shows. I actually bumped into him with some drinks and when he turned I laughed loudly and remarked, "damn, you must weigh 30 stone." This is not to say that I do not like him or disrespect him. I'm an English major. You do the math.

Good show,seems to be realistic.Segal is the real deal.Hope the show is a succes.

The first episode was enough for me.....all those instant replays were getting to me....like the slow motion of the people being suspicious

He's a phony.
Getting owned by an old man Gene Lebell.
Priceless!