• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Stiff Leupold Mark 4 M3 Dials

Old Salt

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2011
North Carolina
Took out the Remington for the first time in over ten years yesterday and could barely turn the elevation and windage dials and could barely feel the clicks. When I got home I turned both dial back and forth till I got a blister on my thumb, thought they would loosen up some but still hard to turn. Anyone got any suggestions??? Leupold Mark 4 M3 scope.

Re: Stiff Leupold Mark 4 M3 Dials

Take the knobs off, (just like you would to zero them) and add a little thin oil to the O-rings (airgun/airtool oil is safe on rubber). Its not unusual for them to get dry and turn hard against the anodizing if you haven't used it in a while.

Re: Stiff Leupold Mark 4 M3 Dials

Funny, my M4 turrets on one of my scopes is like this while the other I just purchased off the hide and had been back to Leupold to get M1 knobs installed turns like I would expect. I'm going to try and lube the o rings as suggested on the other one.