• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller Actions????

scombs263

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
I am thinking about buying a Stiller Action and building a .338 Lapua. My rifle builder had good things to say about it. Has anyone had any experience with one or any knowledge about it? I would really appreciate any thoughts. Thanks

Re: Stiller Actions????

search Stiller and you will find tons of info, Ive never owned one but from what I have read they are top shelf actions

Derrick

I picked up my first one around last Jan timeframe and it wont be my last. Had it built into a 280AI. Seems worth the extra cost over just having a Rem action tuned up.

Here's my Stiller story....

First off the rifle shoots flawlessly.

I've had some issues with my Stiller Tac-30 SA lefty action, but Stiller's customer service has been above and beyond awesome.

Right after I first got my rifle I went to a competition and when I ejected the brass it would hit my parallex knob on my scope and bounce back into the action. This sucked on speed drills where I had to stop and dig a shell out of the action during the middle of a stage.
I sent it back to Stiller and in less than a week, at no charge, they modified the ejector and now it throws the shell out at a slightly different angle and it no longer hits the bottom of my scope knob. Problem solved at no charge.

At the next competition I went to, I crawled inside of a hide, loaded a mag and went to close the bolt. The top bullet in the mag was nosed down so it wouldn't feed. Since it was dark in the hide, I couldn't see what was going on, and like a dumbass I banged on the bolt to get it to close and broke the bolt handle loose. Less than a week later, Stiller had my bolt repaired and back to me.... at no charge, even though it was my fault I banged on it like a gorilla to break it.

At the next competition I went to, I was running the bolt hard on a 20 shot mover stage and sheared off the bolt stop/release tab on the inside of the action. For the rest of the competition my bolt tried to fall out everytime I worked the bolt. I called Stiller, they sent me the old style bolt release tab and the new beefier style (which is what all Stiller's come with now, I think). I was able to install the new beefier bolt stop/release with about 15 minutes of file work on my old style action. Again Stiller's service was awesome, they sent me the two releases at no charge and offered to do the mod for me at no charge, but I wanted to do it myself so I wouldn't have to mess with shipping my rifle. I think Stiller has solved the issue with there new beefier bolt release tab, I don't think I could break it like I broke the old style.

That's my Stiller experience. I've had issues....Stiller's fixed them very quickly.

My first Stiller action was a single shot Predator which functioned flawlessly for about 7,000 rounds and then someone stole it. What did I replace it with? Another Stiller predator, without thinking about it.

wade

My Stiller. awesome action!

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

Jerry and Curtis are first class fellas! I have owned many stiller predator actions and they all shot well. Defiantly a better choice over a trued rem 700 IMHO, heck its only like 2 bills more for the custom action and when it comes time to sell, if you ever do. You can put those 2 bills back into your pocket!! Lee

Ordered one from the group buy the end of last year. I have heard great things about their actions. Emailed Jerry proboably 6-7 times very responsive.

I have a 260 built on Stiller Tac 30. Stiller actions?-Absolutly perfect! Stiller customer service?-Probably the nicest people in the industry!

You can't go wrong with a Stiller, if you run the numbers they're about the best deal going for a 338 action, unless one wanted to just buy an AR_30.

+ a bunch on Stiller actions. Have a Stiller Predator as basis for a 6mmbr and 308 switch barrel - rifle has been used to set a couple National Records the action are OUTSTANDING and the Stiller team is great with service - can not go wrong!!!

I bought two at the same time two years ago. Made a 308 and 7mm-08 out of them. Both are very accurate, dependable rifles. I went to Stiller's shop and picked them up. Jerry gave me a tour and explained his entire process. Very nice man and operation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the Stiller actions. You get a lot of action for the money.

tac408015.jpg
</div></div>

How much does the rifle weigh excluding bipod?

i have done a personal first hand, up close down and dirty visual inspection of stiller's manufacturing facility and assembly areas.
...its all clean and first class.
their employees are all conscientious and attention to detail is observed.
Jerry is a walking talking brainiac funk and wagnall when it comes to metal, bullets and all things pertaining to guns and processes.

Boltripper is lucky to have such a resource at his fingertips

Been really thinking hard about driving down there and picking a Predator action up for a 6mmTCU build I have in mind.

I have had a couple stillers and both were very nice. You do get a lot of bang for your buck when you get a stiller. If I were you I would get the TAC 338

I may be a little biased, but truthfully it would difficult to find an action manufacturer with as many different models that cover hunting, tactical, and competition actions with a superior level of performance. They work extremely hard to bring us a very quality product. I recommend Stiller 100%. Oh yeah, and let's not forget about Russ.

I've had my TAC-30 for two years now, absolutely flawless to date (including the 50 rounds today and the several thousand before it)! Great customer service when I was deciding what I wanted in the action, and would not hesitate to buy from them again regardless the price.....

Also, i'll catch some posts from Jerry stiller here on the hide. Always informative and helpful

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may be a little biased, but truthfully it would difficult to find an action manufacturer with as many different models that cover hunting, tactical, and competition actions with a superior level of performance. They work extremely hard to bring us a very quality product. I recommend Stiller 100%. Oh yeah, and let's not forget about Russ. </div></div>

...yeah almost forgot about Russ......he good people