• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller Predator Action

future_sniper

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2009
Ruther Glen, VA
I have a shot at a Stiller Predator action that I'm looking at for a 260 build. I'm looking for some feedback on this action. Especially from anyone who has built a 260 on one. This would be my first full custom build so I want to get it right. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Stiller Predator Action

Don't know much about the predator but I had a 260 built on the Stiller Tac 30. Stiller will be the only action I'll have rifles built on. Check on the rail though the Tac 30 takes a Stiller rail. Great action and better customer service. Mr. Stiller got everything right!

I've got a Predator long action and I'm happy with it. Feeds nicely, lots of good features such as side bolt release, pinned scope base and recoil lug (comes with the action), Sako style extractor. I'd definitely buy another.

The predator is a great action and will work for a 260. However, if you are going to run a DBM then get a Tac30 Aw. I believe they are in stock.

I've used several of the Stiller actions, and everyone has done very well. If you use a Stiller the action will not be the limiting factor in your build.

It will, just not the Arctic Warfare double-stack ones I believe. It will accept any AICS-type DBM that the Rem 700 does. The short-action predator also has a longer bottom port cutout so you can run Alpha type-II mags which accept COAL up to ~2.950" without any receiver modifications.

The predator action will accept a DBM and yes it is cut out more in the back to accept the Wyatts Extended box when running bdl style bottom metal.

The reason I say the AW if you are planning to run DBM is this action is cut longer in the front to allow for the longer AW mags. This also allows you to run AI mags with the front plate inserted or removed. This is what I run for my 260 because I run the 140 bergers and they are seated longer than an AI mag with the plate but run perfectly with the plate removed. Plus I love the AW mags they feed so smooth and Stiller has them in stock.

If your plan is to always run this gun with DBM then the AW is the perfect action. However, if your plan is to run BDL bottom metal then do not get the AW as it will not run that.

On a side note, Stiller will chamber your rifle. Just call them on Wednesday and talk to Russ (972)429-5000 ad he will help you with all your questions about the actions.

Here is my Stiller Tac30 AW that I run a 260 with. I run Stiller’s Bottom metal with it. This is one of the nicest bottom metals. It is so easy to make a mag change.
DSC_2932.jpg

Here are the two different mags. One is an AI type and the other is the AW type.
DSC_2933.jpg

Thanks for all your help guys. I'm still wondering if I want to do a full build or put that money into my 5R.

Have had my TAC30 (similar to predator) for three years now and love it. Great guys to deal with and offer a great product at a killer price. Jerry is a member here and jumps in every once in a while. I'd highly recommend them to anyone.