• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Stiller Predator long term reports?

verrocchio100

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2003
Pac-O
Hey fellas, any long term reports on your Predators regardless of caliber?

If there has been issues chronic or one, what have they been?

And to anyone's experience with multiple Predators; have you noticed any difference between current action and one that was produced a few years back?

Has the riflesmith that assembled your rifle(s) needed to fine tune the action before assembly? If so, what work was done?

I am trying to justify cost vs benefit compared to other more expensive actions available considering I dont shoot comps and around 40-60 rounds a year.

Thanks!

Hey fellas, any long term reports on your Predators regardless of caliber?

If there has been issues chronic or one, what have they been?

And to anyone's experience with multiple Predators; have you noticed any difference between current action and one that was produced a few years back?

Has the riflesmith that assembled your rifle(s) needed to fine tune the action before assembly? If so, what work was done?

I am trying to justify cost vs benefit compared to other more expensive actions available considering I dont shoot comps and around 40-60 rounds a year.

Thanks!
Not a predator, but a tac30. Made a few years ago. Only issue was after a while it started ejecting cases into the scope and rail. Some people filed on their extractor to fix the issue, I just bought a new Remington extractor from Brownells and had no issues after that. Didn't really impact function, but I didn't want it dropping empty cases back into the chamber. Total cost was like $11 or so I think.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I have five rifles with Stiller actions; 3 Predators, a Tac 30 AW and a Spectre. All of them have the newer one piece bolt. None of them required any truing and they all have worked great. The one I have with a .223 bolt face has a Sako style extractor and the other four have a .308 bolt face and use an M-16 style extractor. I have not seen a Stiller that uses a Remington extractor, but that may be some of the older ones.

I have a P1000, predator and several benchrest viper and a stainless viper.
They never drop a beat.
Go for it.

i havent check one for several years, but i do know some of the older actions that i owned were not 100% true. One of them was off by a bunch. With that said, they shot just fine, Go figure!!

Ive had a Stiller Predator in 308 for about 3 years and 1,000 rounds. It has run flawlessly. I would definately purchase another one; not that others arent suitable.

I have a Stiller Predator for one solid year now and have rode it pretty hard and it has been flawless, broke two Jewel triggers in that same time but that is a different deal. I give the Stiller 2 thumbs up.

Stiller and truing don't belong in the same sentence.

I say that because Stiller needs no truing and they are one of the most consistent actions made. Rather than do a bunch of machine tear down and setup, they use a dedicated machine for each major step.

I say that because Stiller needs no truing and they are one of the most consistent actions made. Rather than do a bunch of machine tear down and setup, they use a dedicated machine for each major step.

Got it, I read that as you not thinking a Stiller was true. my bad.