• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

stiller tac 30aw or tac30 for 6.5 x47 laupua?

mrsnorkel99

Minuteman
Sep 11, 2012
Long Island
Would there be a advantage for the extra coal from the stiller tac30 aw for the 6.5x 47 laupua using the 140 class bullets. Or just get the normal tac 30 action instead. Looking to build a 6.5mm just trying to decide the parts thanks.

I have a Tac30AW and my rounds are now where near the end of the AW mag. I think I can seat them so long the bullet will fall out.

Barrels are perishable. Think what you may want to run 3 barrels down the track.

Thanks for the replies. Stiller has the tac 30 aw
in stock right now but three months out on the tac30. Left hand of course.

I'd stick with the TAC 30, AW mags don't work as well in 700 style actions as AICS mags do. The feed lips aren't supported like they are in AI rifles and can cause reliability issues.

Bugholes has the standard TAC 30 in stock.

Roger i have heard that before some say its a problem some say its not. Seems like if you rest the mag on something thats when the problem occurs from what i have read.

I personally like the AW mags better. You can top load from the receiver, mags are easier to load, the feed lips are easier on the brass and the cycling is smoother.

But I have had some instances where the bullets catch if I cycle the bolt too fast. It's only been a problem with the 6.5 though because it's shorter.