• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Stock or Chassis for someone with Gorilla Arms

Echo4Bravo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2013
North Central Arkansas
Fellow tall shooters. I am 6’8” and doing my first build and I don’t have access to a lot of different rifles that are built with custom stocks or chassis. My question is are there any other tall shooters out there with experience choosing a stock or chassis system, what did you go with and why? Thanks for your advice!

I would suggest something fully adjustable like an AI chassis or the McRee chassis. Being as tall as you are a "off the shelf" stock will just not work for you. LOP will be a big issue for a guy as tall as you with a non adjustable stock.

All our chassis can be set up for 15 to 15.5" LOP in their factory form. Add the folder with the longer buffer tube and you can get to 17"!! The other adjustments like cheek rest etc. are also very adjustable to suite.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR Industries

XLR Industries | Tactical Innovation Redefined

Fellow tall shooters. I am 6’8” and doing my first build and I don’t have access to a lot of different rifles that are built with custom stocks or chassis. My question is are there any other tall shooters out there with experience choosing a stock or chassis system, what did you go with and why? Thanks for your advice!

I am 6'5" and use the 7Finger Chassis.
1bebefe8a6ddb3a23f5c054015259e9c_zps1d19015b.jpg

Last edited:
6'6" with the longest damn arms (hard to find dress shirts) and I run a AICS with extra spacers. Fits me like a glove, it's kinda funny watching other people shoot my rifle....

I feel your pain on that one, I love having long arms when I work on the ambulance (nothing is out of reach) but its about a bitch to start IVs with these freaking banana hands... Haha

I'm 6'3" and use a Mcree with an Ar15 buffer tube and a Magpul CTR with a 1/2" cheek riser and limbsaver recoil pad. The LOP can adjust to fit anyone from a small child to Sasquatch.

I'm a XLR and KRG lover myself. I think Kyle can definitely make something work for you!

By the way I am 6' 1" with a 6' 4" wingspan.

Last edited:
6'6" and I have a Mcree with the LOP maxed out and a McMillan A5 with all the spacers in. Both work well for me. I have a Manners T3 in their shop getting the spacer system and 1" pad on it now for another rifle.

The world isn't built for people our size.