• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

stock packs on A5's..Do they work with the hook???

ker2222

Minuteman
Sep 3, 2004
Hastings, MN
Switched over to A5's on about everything I run. I love the stock but I am having some troubles with keeping a good cheek-weld. I think a stock pack will solve the problems. Issue isn't so much height (since stock is adjustable) but I think my baby face needs a bit of give/cushion to really set my cheek solid onto the stock.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience running stock packs on the A5's with the hook??? Are the straps able to secure the pack solid with the hooK??

Thanks for any input you guys have

Re: stock packs on A5's..Do they work with the hook???

I've used an Eagle stock pack on a McMillan A5 for a few years. Yes, you can secure the straps without issues.

I use a Eagle Stock Pack on Manners T4A. Yes, they work with the hook.

yup, they work great !

243_A5_copy.JPG

2008_Goat_520_yards.JPG

2008_Whitetail_243_AI.JPG

the rear strap is a little short for use on an A5 but they work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ker2222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Switched over to A5's on about everything I run. I love the stock but I am having some troubles with keeping a good cheek-weld. I think a stock pack will solve the problems. Issue isn't so much height (since stock is adjustable) but I think my baby face needs a bit of give/cushion to really set my cheek solid onto the stock.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience running stock packs on the A5's with the hook??? Are the straps able to secure the pack solid with the hooK??

Thanks for any input you guys have </div></div>
I run a Tac Ops Stock Pack on <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">my Tac Ops X-Ray 51</span></span> and it works great - it fits perfectly, and all four (4) straps that secure the stock pack in place are positionable anywhere on the underside of the stock pack (except the crease at the apex of the stock), allowing you to select the exact location and tension on the straps required for perfect fit and best tension.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Tac Ops X-Ray 51 w/Tac Ops 40 MOA Two-Piece base, Mark 4 High Rings, & S & B PMII 5-25X CM CCW Gen 2 XR w/USO ARD</span>
X-Ray51CBwODRingsRSProfileFF8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Closeups of Tac Ops Multicam Stock Pack:</span>
MultiCamTacOpsStockPackRSII8x6-1.jpg

MultiCamTacOpsStockPackLSII8x6-1.jpg

MultiCamTacOpsStockPackOverhead8x6.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OOH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the rear strap is a little short for use on an A5 but they work. </div></div>
That is incorrect and untrue, at least when using a Tac Ops Stock Pack. The entire underside of the Tac Ops Stock Pack (except the crease at the apex of the stock) is covered with hook & loop, i.e., "Velcro", allowing adjustment of all straps. The Rear Strap can be located Up, Down, Forward, or Rearward.

I measured the straps on my Tac Ops Stock Pack, and all of them are 10.125-10.250" (10 1/8-10 1/4") long. This is longer than the straps I've seen on Eagle Stock Packs, although I've never measured the Eagle straps. A longer rear strap also allows you to position the stock pack in the same place if you shorten or lengthen the LOP to compensate for summer or winter clothing. I got my TO Stock Pack when I picked-up my X-Ray 51 but I didn't have specify longer straps because (Mike Rescigno) knew that I'd need them on my X-Ray 51's A5 stock and included them. Customers can also specify longer straps on their Tac Ops Stock Pack when ordering direct from Tac Ops.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Underside of Tac Ops Multicam Stock Pack:</span>
TacOpsStockPackUnderside8x6.jpg

TacOpsStockPackUndersideLS8x6.jpg

TacOpsStockPackUndersideRS8x6.jpg

Keith

+1 on the Tac Ops pack. Love it's adjustability of the straps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OOH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the rear strap is a little short for use on an A5 but they work. </div></div>
That is incorrect and untrue, at least when using a Tac Ops Stock Pack. The entire underside of the Tac Ops Stock Pack (except the crease at the apex of the stock) is covered with hook & loop, i.e., "Velcro", allowing adjustment of all straps. The Rear Strap can be located Up, Down, Forward, or Rearward.

I measured the straps on my Tac Ops Stock Pack, and all of them are 10.125-10.250" (10 1/8-10 1/4") long. This is longer than the straps I've seen on Eagle Stock Packs, although I've never measured the Eagle straps. A longer rear strap also allows you to position the stock pack in the same place if you shorten or lengthen the LOP to compensate for summer or winter clothing. I got my TO Stock Pack when I picked-up my X-Ray 51 and I didn't specify longer straps. Customers can also specify longer straps on their Tac Ops Stock Pack when ordering direct from Tac Ops.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Tac Ops Multicam Stock Pack:</span>
MultiCamTacOpsStockPackRSII8x6-1.jpg

MultiCamTacOpsStockPackLSII8x6-1.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Underside of Tac Ops Multicam Stock Pack:</span>
TacOpsStockPackUnderside8x6.jpg

TacOpsStockPackUndersideLS8x6.jpg

TacOpsStockPackUndersideRS8x6.jpg

Keith

I have a Tac-Ops on my A-5 and I had to order the longer straps to get it to fit properly. It came with 1 long stap and the others short, just replaced the short straps with the long ones and it fit just fine.

My Eagle one works fine. Straps are easy to adjust, the entire inner surface is velcro. Each of the straps can be adjusted in about any way you want. Here the two rear straps are on the 'hook' with the flush cup between them. Works great!

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg