• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock packs

stoney15

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
Mn
I have never used a stock pack but could use a little extra height. For those that have used them do you recommend the large with zipper pouch, lg with pouch and bullet loops on the inside, or just the plane pack with no pouch. I am new to this longer range tactical shooting, anything else you would recommend ordering while I am placing an order?

Re: Stock packs

I use the ones with the loops and pouch. Nice place to throw some spare ear plugs or anything else you might need like hex wrenches for minor adjustments.

I just got a tactical works stock pack for my xt22vr to store tools and extra mags for it. In my opinion, even though i have had it for such a short time is it is one of the best stock packs in its class for the money. But if your your rifle takes a detachable magazine check out the 'Mag pack' by tacready.com. They are sold a riflesonly.

Since Eagle discontinued theirs, Triad makes a good one. I prefer loops on the outside, though I don't use them. Surely do get the pouch for small item storage.

I love the Triad packs, get one of each (with a pack or without one), try them both and then sell the one you don't like. You should be able to get your money back of the second one. I have several of the one with packs and think they are great, but have seriously considered getting the slick version as I really don't put much in my stock packs and use them more to adjust the height of my stock.

I use either the tac ops or triad stock pouches with the external ammo loops. The pouch is useful for pens, note pad, calculator, hex keys and other tactical treats.

The stock it will be going on is a manner MCS T.
I think I would like the pouch for a few extra items. Which pack would you suggest.

For that size, I would get the standard size:
IMG_0081.jpg

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pack.html

Loop location is up to you. I like internal loops on my hunting rifles, and external for the other "tactical" rifles. Remember that the internal loops will take up some of your storage space.

+1 for the triad. I went with loops on the outside, but the real selling feature was the added hook and loop strips that you can use to increase the height of the pack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SquarePizza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for the triad. I went with loops on the outside, but the real selling feature was the added hook and loop strips that you can use to increase the height of the pack.</div></div>
^ THIS!!!

I ordered the stock pack directly from the good folks at McRee. Its comfy on the face along with enough space for the tools supplied by McRee, a small note pad, and mechanical pencil. Inside is a small strap that can be removed, or placed to limit the opening so everything in the pack won't end up on the ground.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For that size, I would get the standard size:
IMG_0081.jpg

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pack.html
+ 1 for these, I bought a black one and a camo one and they work great.
Loop location is up to you. I like internal loops on my hunting rifles, and external for the other "tactical" rifles. Remember that the internal loops will take up some of your storage space. </div></div>

+1 on the Triad stock pack. I went with the standard size with the internal loops for my hunting gun. It actually makes the gun more comfortable to shoot, and it allowed me to adjust the comb height perfectly.