• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Question for you Savage guys... Need Help!!!

fireman610

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2008
Southern Indiana ( Evansville)
I need your guys help anyone Savage guys Stock builders modifiers etc
I had a Savage MKII BV Hvy barell standard stock well yesterday my buddy decided to sell his Savage 93 17hmr I tossed the lure to him of swapping stocks he had a thumbhole and I wanted one He bit and we swapped stocks His action fit right in the BV stock and I thought my Action fit right in the thumbhole stock we shot a few rounds and he left the range well something about mine didt look right and I figured out what it was My action has got one hell of a free float job on it I can fit my pinky between the bottom of the barrel and the stock Caused by this problem .....
The area cutout for magwell has a lil stepup where the action screw comes up through the stock and into the action post I know its a easy fix but I have 3 options which would be the best
1 swap front action posts if he still has the gun

2 dremel out a lil bit of that step up using a rounded or tapered bit so the post sits in stock correctly obviously using low speed and slowly removing material

3 drill out some of the step up with drill bit one size larger than action post and drill but drill bit is tapered and action post wont have flat spot to sit on

These are the possible fixes I have anyone have anything better or have advice on the best way to take care of this Im open to Ideas and help

Re: Stock Question for you Savage guys... Need Help!!!

Pray that a snap last minute blizzard happens for mr smart ass josh LMAO
Nice looking setup there though buddy hope ya have fun shooting it while tropping through the 4 ft of snow I have hexed you with
whistle.gif

Re: Stock Question for you Savage guys... Need Help!!!

It's lookin pretty good for your snow curse...

It's sunny and beautiful today and the weather is supposed to turn by the time we could get out shooting tomorrow!