• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stockys Stocks

Cig38

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2011
Chi-Town
First I guess I need to say hello as this is my first post however I have been a long time in the shadows trying to educate myself a littl before joining any conversation or asking a question the has been answered 100 times.

Also falls heavy on me to have my first post inquire about possible bad customer service. I dont know maybe you guys can shed some insite on this.

I have started a build on my first long range bolt gun and picked Stockys as my vendor to purchas a B&C A2 stock. They told me the stock shipped on the 17th but UPS has said they have not recived the package and tracking number states the same. Now all thats fine as sometimes things do get lost, i know as I do ship a lot of parts around the world but I can not get ahold of Stockys to try and get and answer. When you call all you get is thier off-site service and can only leave a message. I have emailed them about it as well. I started trying to contact them last Wednesday via both email and phone and have followed up two more times with no reply.

Could they have that many people waiting in line with a problem?

Do they have an issue with customer service? IS this normal for them?

Anybody have a direct number to call them?

Thanks

Re: Stockys Stocks

I had the same problem. It took just calling more than once (and sitting on hold for a while). From the time I ordered my B&C A3 from Stocky's it showed up 5 weeks later. Not a quick turn around, but I couldn't beat the price.

I bought a HS Precision M24 stock from them and got it within a few days.

The problem arose when the channel in the stock was so crooked that the barrel touched the right side at the front of the stock when properly torqued. I called and told them about this and the person I spoke to said this was 'normal'. I'm not a rocket scientist but I know that the barrel sitting so crooked that it touches the side of the stock in a stock designed to be free-floating is NOT working as intended. They offered to LOOK at it if I mailed it back on my dime.

Fuck that.

I called HS Precision customer service right after and had a mailing envelope in my email from one of their techs within 10 minutes. After they received the stock they called me and said that visually this looked incorrect and they were going to 'test' it and get back to me later that day.

They called me back to tell me that the stock was a dud and that they were sending a brand new one out to me in the morning.

The number I have for Stocky's is (970) 679-8686 and (561) 584 8500.

My only problem is they said it shipped and UPS said they never recieved the package and Stockys will not reply to any phone calls or emails over the last 6 days. Thats not cool. If it's backordered no problem just call and tell me. If it's lost just send another one. Just don't hang me out to dry. Thier live answering service just says they return the calls in the order there recived.

I work about 5 minutes from their shop, wanted to stop in and buy a stock as I really didn't need shipping. They replied to my email request about walking in and said they were too busy that week for me to come by. Tried again actually twice the following week and never got a reply. Great service.

Spent my money else where and paid for shipping.

Try to get a hold of Kim, I had the same problem with stocky's...when I get home later tonight I will look for my invoice and try to dig up her e-mail and direct line. The price is what lured me in..next time I think I will deal with HS precision or do my homework on a vendor with a reputable turn around time. I didn't complain and was patient for five months. Then I finally had enough and told them I would take my money elsewhere. They told me the stock was still being built at HS and would be another month. Called HS they had my item in stock got the reps name and number, called Kim gave her the info and told her to get me a stock or we would have very big problems. Two days later vola a package on my door. I don't like calling people out, but when they are giving me the run around and treating me like and idiot it tends to piss me the F*@K off! Good luck man.

Thanks for the responses and the contact info. INVSTR21 That phone number goes right back to the same place all the other phone numbers go. I have tried the email so we will see if Kim will respond. This morning the fulfillment center as they have titled them self’s told me they would personally walk my message down. You know I really was not pissed until now

I looked at getting a stock from them.

There are horror stories here as well as rimfirecentral about them. Sometimes the cheapest, isn't always the cheapest when you account for your time and energy to make them do what you thought they would do in the first place.

i just bought a B&C medalist from last summer and didnt have any problems with there customer service. They had my stock at my door a few days later. Must have got them at a good time.

Just got off the phone with them for the third time in three weeks. Paid for a thumbhole in a desert color and got an A-5 in Crimson. Called and left a message on the eighth of March and had a call back on the ninth. The lady said they had ran out of the stock I ordered after I ordered. So, now Im three weeks into a backorder. I still have the wrong stock, they told me there would be a return shipping label in the box when we get the right one. How does that story go...tomorrow never comes.

This seems to be a very common complaint about Stocky's.
It makes me wonder if they really don't have what they say they do in stock or if they just don't have a clue about how to keep up with inventory.
Either way, I have seen more than enough of this to do business there.

He told me a bunch of crap.Told me ups lost it blah blah blah blah .I know it was back ordered and didn't come in yet.Even went as far as saying ups guy might have so called lost it.Changed his tune when I told him I worked for brown and I'd call them.Price is good but not good service.I'll buy somewhere else next time.Rather pay a little extra for cs and the truth.

Got a hold of Kim yesterday!! thanks for the contact.
She was very apologetic and said she will take care of it.
We will see how it pans out as today they are again not being proactive but rather reactive. Customer service is all about the 30 seconds it takes to communicate with your customer before he feels the need to strike first.

I got a stock from them and did not have any issues. I would buy again.

I have ordered from Stocky's more than once, and never had any issues (this was about 2 years ago), the first stock I ordered from them was a B&C A3, I believe I had it in hand within 3-5 days, the second one I ordered was an A5 (for the same rifle, man I wish I would have kept the A3, but thats a different thread.) they called me back within 30 min. of making the order to tell me that the site wasn't accurate as far as what was in stock and offered to either send me different stock for the same price, or to put my order on back order and ship the stock to me for free when it came in. (I ordered a black one, and they offered to send me a tan one with the black webbing for the same price, I believe there was a $20.00 difference at the time.) I know alot can happen in a short amount of time, but I havn't had any negative dealings with them. but YMMV

I just ordered 2 stocks from them last night. I will cross my fingers. Luckily I don't need them quickly.

i ordered an H-S stock from them for a build im working on. placed the order @2 weeks ago. the stock was a backorder, so a reasonable delay is expected. i have my fingers crossed, hoping i wont be placing them in the "no joy" file.

Finally got another tracking number that actually says they shipped something. So we will see what shows up.

FYI Stock arrived last night safe and sound. My last comment would be that once I was able to get in touch with CS at stockys they did ok by me. The problem is getting ahold of the real customer service not the fullfilment center. As a customer it just felt like they were screaning thier phone calls and that really sucks when it's your money on the line!! Will I use them again? Probably yes as now I have a direct line into them for ordering and every doller counts in my pocket. Case closed.

I've ordered 2 bc stocks from stockys and have never had a single issue with them.

I ordered a Manners T4 from them after reading the posts I was skeptical. The stock showed in stock but listed the barrel profile as rem 5r milspec/M24. I called Stocky's and the person I talked to said it would handle a .980 profile. I was more confused now than ever so I called Manners and asked what that profile would fit and they were not sure what that profile was either. Manners did say to just buy it and if it did not fit what I was wanting to send it to them and they would open it up at no charge. i ordered the stock on saturday assuming it would ship monday due to their website saying "ships same or next business day". Monday came and I had not got any shipping info. Tuesday afternoon and I still had not got any info so I call them. The lady says my order is sitting there and ready to be shipped. I asked why it was taking so long and she replied that they are moving locations from Florida to Colorado and everything is being delayed. This seems like information you would want to post on your site if you were concerned about your customers. Just my two cents but it seems that if you want something from Stocky's you need to wear them out on the phone to get it done. My money will be spent elsewhere.

The 2 stocks I ordered on 4/1 arrived at my door on 4/8. If they have them in stock, they ship fast. No complaints from me.

Update...Sent back the WRONG stock and reordered the correct one. Payed for the correct one and recieved it in about 4 days. That was the first week in May. Had not gotten credit back for the one sent in and was being told to it could take two or three weeks to show up on statement. I called yesterday and talked to Kim in Fl. She was very helpful and explained the deal. They had a seperate warehouse in Co. that was jacking things up. She and the owner flew up there and rented a trailer truck to bring back all their merchandise and restock it in Fl. She apologised and issued my card a credit while I was on the phone. I told her about this thread and she asked I would pass the word that they are getting things back to right. And, that they were sorry for the screw ups.

Stockys sucks if you need to talk with them or if they ship the wring thing as they offton do. I ordered a rem model 7 wood replacement from them and it was fine. Tried to get a A5 but could never get a call back and the email responce to my question didn't even touch on my question, obviously a caned responce. I moved on and just went direct to MM, it's worth the extra money to know what your getting.

I was going to order a stock from them until I found out their 'office' is in Lake Worth (which is about 10 mins from my work) but their stocks are stored at CO.

so I was going to have to pay shipping from CO, AND pay tax since biz office is in FL. and I couldn't pick it up obviously.

that was pretty retarded, so I just got it from midway. I had no choice with the Wyatt DBM though because they were the cheapest by far. I was lucky and got it in a week.

i also had a negative transaction with Stockys. Very, very frustrating. Stockys is just not a well run business. i believe they get enough first time customers that they have never needed to rethink their business practices. i believe they can continue these practices due to the fact that there is not another company that can compete with them to what their website "lists" that they have.

got a b&c light tactical with a jacked butt pad. i returned it for a different one no questions asked, but i did take several tries to get though to someone.

The worst customer service I have ever seen was from Stocky Stocks. I would never buy anything from them again, and have told all I know to look the other way.

I ordered a stock from them last year and they shipped the wrong one to me. I called customer service and they overnighted the correct stock to me and gave me the option of keeping the other stock at a deeply discounted price or sending back on their dime. I kept the other stock and was happy with both of them. I guess maybe it's who you talk to in customer service sometimes.

I've never heard of any issues with them until your post.

Hmmm...got my HS stock in 8 working days and drop in fit.

Although the stock was in stock as well....

I was about to bite the bullet and order my first stock (B&C A5) from Stocky's.......after reading the posts here they have lost me as a customer. No one that runs a business should ever treat their customers in that fashion.....ever! You guys say they are in Lake Worth, FL.....it is a good thing for them I didn't order from them cause I live in FL as well and would not bother calling them....I would show up at their door and I wouldn't be nice. I will gladly pay more money to purchase the same item elsewhere.

I'm sure there will be people that will disagree with me, but stockys had a warehouse partner problem up until about a year to a year and a half ago. I read all of these same problems and talked to kim at stockys about it, and she explained the whole problem. If you want reassurance, contact [email protected]. I bought a manners t5 from them in July, and except for MAYBE ceylon at deltaoutdoorsman.com here on the hide, i have never had better customer service. They were awesome. I would not hesitate for one second to buy from them again. They explained their past problems to me, and are working to correct their reputation.

I have ordered 2 B&C A5 adjustable stocks. No issues whatsoever.

Like HK Dave, I have never heard of any complaints with them either.

Also, try to remember, there are people that get pissed, bitch and moan, if what they ordered this morning isn't at their doorstep this afternoon. I am not saying anyone in this thread, but they are on this forum.

My B&C came in a timely fashion. No issues.

i tried looking for a stock for my savage fpc and they are out of stock
frown.gif

and seeing all the trouble some ppl are having hear i think i will bye else where as im from Australia and might take mounts to get hear

I just received a month ago a B&C A5 to upgrade from the A2.It came in quick both times.When I got it the rear pillar was drilled at a angle.The pillar on the plate side was mashed were the bolt would not go tru it.The Wyatt's bottom metal is hanging out of the mag well area,it fits flush on the A2,B&C said they make there stock to fit stock Rem bottom metal,So why are they diff on the a2 and a5? the pillar holes are off to one side more than the other,the rear cut out for the plate needed clearancing more for the bolt hole to line up so the rear bolt would go in,the alum recoil pad is crooked,hits the barrel recoil pad on the outside edge.I emailed B&C they were not much help at all,I then Called B&C they said send it back and they would have to evaluate it see whats wrong,make adjustment or send out a new one,That I would have to pay for shipping.Both told me if I fixed/mod the stock that it voids the warranty,

I Call stockys ,they said send it back the would inspect it for warranty,Said I had to pay freight,its a defective product I shouldn't have to pay freight back,I got them to send me another out and Id send back the other after picking the best out of the 2.they both were machined wrong,just alike.Ended up talking to Leigh,they finally admitted to having some problems with the B&C stocks,that they were sorry and would pay freight both ways,After I sent it back I followed up on the credit back to my card ,She reneged on the shipping,I reminded her she said she would take care of it.She tried me,They charged 18 ship it,it only cost me 12 to send it back,I hate it when they know there a prob,then Deny it and then give ya a hard time.

So I'm told now it needs bedded to correct these probs
Here is some pictures of all 3 stocks

Rob

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/H...ington%20stock/

I was all set on ordering from them until I started reading all of the horror stories, I usually take them with a grain of salt but there were so many that I didnt know if it was worth the chance and trouble, so I found a great deal on a used one here. Good luck

Weird. I wanted a manners stock for a while, found a t5 at stocky's ordered it and had it in my hand 5 days later. Let's see......5 days compared to 5 months. I guess I'll enjoy my stocky's purchase and the haters can hate all they want.

Wow, considering others' experiences here, I feel lucky. I ordered a B&C stock from them last year and everything went smooth. The only complaint I had were a few scratches on the stock, but I think that likely happened at the factory since the box was still sealed when I got it. I didn't complain since I had planned to paint it any way. Function and fit were fine and the rifle shoots great with it.

Maybe I should have bought lottery tickets instead though.