• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stockys Stocks

Re: Stockys Stocks

I have ordered at least 10 stocks over the last two years, and never had a problem.

I have ordered a couple stocks from them without any issues and would not hesitate to order from them again.

Ordered four stocks 2 months ago...all backordered. I was told they would take a while, but it sounds like I may want to call the manufacturer to verify.

I just ordered a Cobalt blue LRV thumbhole with aluminum block 2 days ago. We'll see what happens. My fingers are crossed as this is going to be a build from my sis for her birthday. I better get the right one the first time around. I phone ordered through Kim and she verified that it was in stock and will ship out next day.

I called and spoke with them before I ordered and after speaking with them I did not place my order.

My order from SS shipped the day after the order was placed. I would buy from them again.

+1 same here. Received my order in 3 days and its what I ordered. I placed my order over the phone. No problems!

[img:center]
98DAF039-orig.jpg
[/img]

...current update...I called the number on their site and didn't reach anyone over 5 phone calls in the span of 1 hour. I called the number provided earlier in this thread and reached someone, immediately, both times I called it. Their customer service was great (at that number) so far...I placed my order last night and was told my stock (listed in stock) shipped today and should arrive on Wednesday. If I remember, I will update once it gets in...

A recent experience with Stockys almost prompted me to start a thread about it, but after reviewing all of the facts, I would have just been bitching because I was mad, while they were not "technically"in the wrong. It still pisses me off though, because my scenario is a result of me overlooking one of their NUMEROUS disclaimers on the website. I understand CYA, but I do feel their disclaimer structure is excessive and hard to follow. There are multiple links to different parts of the website, and in many places you're liked to a page and have to scroll through the entire thing to find a statement containing ANOTHER link, and so on and so forth.

My complaint: I want to return a Manners T5 within the alloted 10 day timeframe, but when I called to get the return authorization code I was rod they would be charging a 25% restocking fee. WTF??????

I specifically read through all their bullshit to make sure it could be returned. I always do this with any online purchase. I saw that restocking fees were possible, but failed to see where it said the Manners would be charged said bullshit fee. That just so happened to be linked somewhere and you had to scroll down to Manners and read the fine print. Ok...so it's my fault. Don't mean I gotta like it.

Visited with Kim about it, and talked her down to 10%. I'm going to try to sell it here first. 10% on $1043 is still too much, especially when she tried to say that would only cover the cc fees. Wrong.

I have purchased 4 stocks from stockys. One JP AMCS and 3 Manners T5. All shipped next day and at my doorstep in a few days. No Issues there. Pillars left out of one package and they sent them that day. Question about screw used to attach barreled action emailed to Kim on one T5....GOT A CALL FROM TOM MANNERS THE NEXT DAY.

All in all, happy with their service, but still pissy about that fee, especially when they were talking 25%. Seems like a bush league thing to do for such an established company. I might just give my buddy Tom a call and tell him it reflects poorly on hits company too.....you know...because we're cool like that.

Most of the "problems" listed in this thread come from people that always have some kind of bitch when things aren't perfect. And I'm sure some are very legit.

Another New guy here. I am working on a Remington 700 in 7mm and so I am reading all these threads about buying parts. I have looked at Stockys and am also looking at Tactical Works, Inc.
Does anybody have any experience with Tactical works?

I have purchased several stocks from them. I guess it does help that they're only located only a few miles away.

I've ordered 4 different stocks from Stockys over the last 3 years and every order was correct and delivered on time. The latest was a Manners T2a just last Friday.

I've not had any issues with stocky stocks, I've only ordered from them once but that time I received my B&C in a timely manner.