• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stolen AR10 from Adelanto

picone

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2006
So Cal
Friend of mine got his AR10 stolen from his truck last Friday night in Adelanto, CA. Never even shot a round thru it.
Had all the good stuff on it:
Noveske Lower
SWS E1 15" Handguard
Geiselle DMR
Kreiger 1:11 Hvy Match Barrel
Magpul PRS
and on and on....

Thieves suck!

Re: Stolen AR10 from Adelanto

Sorry to here this. I drove thru that town on the 20th on my way to my sons homecoming in 29Palms. Those apt/neighborhoods off 395 don't look to inviting... I wish your friend luck

I wish him luck with auto insurance re-imbursing him. he's out about $3k for the rifle. $5k in all. Yes, 395/Adelanto is a crack-head dump. Only reason he is there is his work requires him to live out there during the week.

Would be real nice if they found it but you know it would have something wrong with it.

Wow, that really bites.

If you don't mind me asking, why was the rifle left in the truck to begin with in a known grungy part of town???

Sorry I'm just curious, hope he finds resolution.

Sad to hear. That's a nice list of parts it had. Hopefully it gets recovered. Another gun in the hands of the unlawful is not a good thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Did you post this on Calguns?
</div></div>

No, never used that site. worth doing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pupdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, that really bites.
If you don't mind me asking, why was the rifle left in the truck to begin with in a known grungy part of town???
</div></div>

Well, he does live there and was going shootin' the next day with me. Packin' up the night before, I guess? Who cleans out their car every night? I know I don't. I doubt they knew it was in there before they opened it up, unless they were staked out watching the joint and saw him put it in there.

I sure don't leave $5K worth of guns in a vehicle overnight, or much out of sight while eating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sure don't leave $5K worth of guns in a vehicle overnight, or much out of sight while eating. </div></div>

Quoted for truth...

Absolutely.. Its a HUGE community of shooters. Since the gun will most likely be shot or sold off as parts in California.

Good Luck

damn that sucks, I really hate thieves, but don't leave any guns in vehicle either.

while i do agree it is not the smartest thing to do, i hate it when people say he shouldnt of left it in his truck. It doesnt make the crime any less of a crime. it isnt illegal to leave a rifle in your truck. The police around here get bashed all the time for it. Do you think that the police with trunks of gear should have to unload it every time they leave their car? sorry to hear about the theft. good luck with the recovery.

I hope he had the ser.# so he can report it stolen. At least his ass will be covered if something happens. Look south of the border. I've been through there many times before I got smart and moved to Az. I hope he gets it back.

I would be lying if I said I didn't leave weapons in my vehicle.

HOWEVER you are taking a huge risk when you do. When I am traveling to competitions or conferences I drag my case in with me every night and out every morning. It sucks, but I know someone would have to engage in a gunfight in order to steal it.

The theft needs to be reported and the serial number entered into NCIC. This way if any law enforcement officer comes across it, it will be recoverd. If it's pawned, it will be recovered. If someone tries to sell it to a gunshop, it will be recovered. See the common theme?

An AR10 is not a common "gang banger" weapon, so it's not likely to remain sitting in a crackhouse. Someone is going to try to convert it to cash.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOMINIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pupdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, that really bites.
</div></div>

Well, he does live there and was going shootin' the next day with me. Packin' up the night before, I guess? Who cleans out their car every night? I know I don't. I doubt they knew it was in there before they opened it up, unless they were staked out watching the joint and saw him put it in there.</div></div>
Who cleans their car out every night? I sure as hell do! I clean the sucker out of everything! I don't leave the registration or the insurance, I don't even leave cig lighter style charger in the thing. That is one of the sure fire ways they will break into your rig and rummage through it to see if you left a phone, GPS, etc. in it. No one deserves to have the stuff taken but dang it I refuse to be a victim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The theft needs to be reported and the serial number entered into NCIC. This way if any law enforcement officer comes across it, it will be recoverd. If it's pawned, it will be recovered. If someone tries to sell it to a gunshop, it will be recovered. See the common theme?
</div></div>

nail on the head. Best advise get that number reported asap

That sucks, I agree with everyone that doesn't load up till they are ready to leave. I personally never leave anything that valuable in any of my vehicles over night. I live in a great city and neighborhood, but shit happens. I hope he gets his rifle back and the dbag that took it gets whats comin to him/them.

Report it to LEO and post up on Calguns about it.

I've had my windows punched out for 10$ in change that was in a cup holder so yeah, I always take EVERYTHING out of my car and if I'm going shooting and I have to stop somewhere my car will be in plain view at all times.

I live in a rural area of Kansas, have firearms in my truck every day and NEVER have left one in it for 40 years. I am also concerned about liability if someone is hurt with a stolen rifle that comes back to the owner, who "failed to properly secure" it. Good luck.

The Mechanic,
thanks for the post.

Best Regards,
StolenWeapon.com Team