• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stolen guns and suppressor. Updated!!!!!!!

glocksig40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2009
Noth Dallas 40 Texas
Our house was broken into last Wednesday while we were at work. Thief took:

GAP built 700 in 308. Has camo HTG stock, Rock Creek heavy fluted barrel 23". M4 metal, badger base and rings. Barreled action is OD Ceracoat. Had new Bushnell HDMR scope with GAP reticle on it. Harris bipod with Larue QD. TAB Gear sling.
Rifle SN is G6286444.
Didn't get scope SN. Just got it.

Shark15 AR9mm SBR with 5" barrel, Yankee Hill Diamond hand guard, vltor CAR stock. Was in a black bag. Bag had 6 Colt magazines 32 round in pouch.
SWR Trident 9 suppressor with 3 lug QD. Aimpoint Comp M4S.
Rifle SN SWA000040
Suppressor SN T9-1901
Don't have Aimpoint SN

Range bag with other items. I don't have SN for other stuff. Spotter Leupold and Bushnell range finder.

Took a fire safe with wife's jewelry, little bit of cash, documents and my IPad.
If you see something suspicious like either of the above please email or PM.
Thanks
SP

Re: Stolen guns and suppressor.

Hope youve got homeowners cause unfortunately they probrably crosed into Mexico thursday morning. Good luck.

That sucks I will keep my eye out for them here to your west. Hate to hear stuff like this I hope they get caught and sent to the joint for ten years. PG

Sorry to hear this Stacy...whole bunch of rat bastards out there...

I am really sorry about that..do you thing it was random or targeted?

Not sure on the thief yet. He may be reading this, who friggin knows, he has my iPad. I did change all my passwords though. Hate to post too much on the info we have at this point.
Didn't notice anyone following. I'd think if it were someone from the range they would have taken more guns and less other random things.
Turn your alarms on. Keep the software updated on the electronics. If my iPad were updated to the new software, we could track it via the cloud settings. My dumb ass never worried about updating.
New updated iPhone software is installed. Improved alarm today. Adding video this week.

Thanks for the replies.
SP

How were the weapons stored?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure on the thief yet. He may be reading this, who friggin knows, he has my iPad. I did change all my passwords though. Hate to post too much on the info we have at this point.
Didn't notice anyone following. I'd think if it were someone from the range they would have taken more guns and less other random things.
Turn your alarms on. Keep the software updated on the electronics. If my iPad were updated to the new software, we could track it via the cloud settings. My dumb ass never worried about updating.
New updated iPhone software is installed. Improved alarm today. Adding video this week.

Thanks for the replies.
SP </div></div>

I was going to suggest the "track my iPad" function, but I guess if you didn't update your software, you didn't get a chance to set that up. Wow, that sucks dood... Hopefully the idiots will get caught or your gear will show up with a NCIC hit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How were the weapons stored? </div></div>

Sounds like they were in his house.

First sorry to hear this People just dont understand the whole thing of being robbed it sucks u know a stranger was walking through ur home going through ur stuff this will always be in the back of your head. This happen to us when i was a kid we had one car and left same time to go get grandma at work 35 minutes and they took most of anything of value. and to this day i think about it every time i leave the house... IT WILL TURN OUT TO BE SOMEONE U KNOW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How were the weapons stored? </div></div>

Sounds like they were in his house. </div></div>

Uh, yeah. I was asking more about the possibility of a smaller box inside the bigger box attached to the mortgage.

That sucks! I have no use for a thief whatsoever. Hopefully you will get your stuff back intact. I know you are supposed to notify the BATF within 48 hours so hopefully with everything else going on you remembered that.

I'm sorry to hear that as well. I'm pretty close to you in proximity and work for TDCJ. My best advice is to give this info to the local PD, every gun range within 300 miles, and every pawn shop within 100 miles. I know that's a lot in the DFW area. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. Also, you might want to periodically check texasgunbroker dot com. There are good honest transactions on there, but I've experienced and heard of some shady transactions on there as well. Hope this helps.

Also, to the moderators. I apologize if mentioning another gun resale shop is against the forum rules. I'm simply trying to help another member.

Sorry to hear about your loss, that must truly suck.
Hopefully one day the evil bastards get what is coming to them.

Guns were in my garage. I do all my painting, gun work and loading in there. It stays locked down. The pet door was compromised we think which allowed fuck nuts to fliP the dead bolt on the patio door. He then went to bedroom closet to get the fire safe and back in rear living room for the iPad. Then armed up the rifle bag with SBR and can. The GAP had been on the bench from the previous night. I had just mounted the scope and kept it out to measure chamber for load development. I loaded 60 test rounds the night before. I'd never fired the rifle. The scope was just mounted and was a group buy from George at GAP. It had never been outside.
This is all replaceable shit. It sucks waiting 6 months for Form 4 but it is replaceable. My boiling blood comes from the fact that some cock sucker is too lazy to work and would rather steal from others for a living. I have no use for this type fucking people.
The feeling you get when you realize your rifle is gone is unbelievable. Every option in the world runs thru your head. When you have eliminated all the options as to where your shit is, reality sets in and the last option is some son of a bitch came in and stole it. Your stomach hits the floor.
The cops are doing a good job so far. One of the members here is a friend and local officer. Metroplex is aware of it. They are working leads. I'm hoping some douche will try and pawn the SBR and can. I'm sure any pawn broker will know he shouldn't touch it.
Thanks for the support. We do appreciate it.

Here are a couple of pics of the stolen items.

img0879z.jpg

img0880nx.jpg

img1400wi.jpg

img1401oi.jpg

Hopefully, this person makes a mistake, and gets taken out of the gene pool. I sure hope You get Your stuff back. Those are some damn nice weapons.

Thanks for the encouragement and PM's guys. We are determined to get back to normal and hopefully get enough info to catch the bastard.

You should post up serial numbers. I know it sounds weird but as they're stolen it would help since people might see ads with clear photos and be better able to identify.

I feel for you bro.. Reading your story makes the hair on my
neck stand up. Frickin chaps my ass that there is such cowardice lowlife scum out there.

I know myself and a ton of other members here and else where
will have their eye to the grid, watching for anything to turn
up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should post up serial numbers. I know it sounds weird but as they're stolen it would help since people might see ads with clear photos and be better able to identify. </div></div>

The serial numbers are posted with the pics. I plan to hit a few places this weekend with pics and descriptions. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should post up serial numbers. I know it sounds weird but as they're stolen it would help since people might see ads with clear photos and be better able to identify. </div></div>

The serial numbers are posted with the pics. I plan to hit a few places this weekend with pics and descriptions. Thanks </div></div>

Damn you're right man, sorry...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our top suspect is closer than a random thief. </div></div>

Hmmm, not surprising. Interested to know who, and the relationship.

Thanks for the good will wishes fellas, feeling violated is a poor way to feel. I think it would be much better if I could have just caught the bastard in my house.

SP

You would be posting a much different story had that happened. Possibly from jail, but hopefully not.

Doesn't sound like a random B&E to me. 80% of home invasions are done by people that live within a mile of you, and a lot are done by people that you know. I mentioned before where I work. The media isn't saying much, if anything, about this, but TX has been releasing offenders way before they are due. The first big wave started back in August 2011. Somewhere in the range of 6K-9K of them. And trust me, our system <span style="text-decoration: underline">is</span> insane. I've seen murderers sentenced to life in one county and 8 years in the next. No continuity at all, just depends on the judge. The point is, be very careful with your families and your possessions. I can personally testify that there are people out there (and more than you think) that place absolutely no value on human life, and they have no legitimate hope of lawful gainful employment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hannibalsnipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't sound like a random B&E to me. 80% of home invasions are done by people that live within a mile of you, and a lot are done by people that you know. I mentioned before where I work. The media isn't saying much, if anything, about this, but TX has been releasing offenders way before they are due. The first big wave started back in August 2011. Somewhere in the range of 6K-9K of them. And trust me, our system <span style="text-decoration: underline">is</span> insane. I've seen murderers sentenced to life in one county and 8 years in the next. No continuity at all, just depends on the judge. The point is, be very careful with your families and your possessions. I can personally testify that there are people out there (and more than you think) that place absolutely no value on human life, and they have no legitimate hope of lawful gainful employment. </div></div>

+1 on this. I'm in the same line of work. (Hopefully soon I can land a job as a state trooper though). Just some of the people that I personally know of that are out there (Hell just in my county) that have done some of the most awful things you can think of and that are currently or will be very soon out on the streets back to business as usual. And my wife wonders why I carry a gun everywhere.

Several nice items being offered to the cop who recovers my stuff. It's listed on another forum. Started by a previous hide member. If your a cop and want more info, PM me and I'll send the link.
Thanks

Update!!!!!!!
Got a PM from a local hide member who is a cop. My guns were found in a bust a couple of days ago. I'm very excited they have turned back up. Thanks to the member as well as the Mesquite PD for the call. I had very little faith that they would ever come back.
Suspect number 1 looks to be the culprit but I don't have a name confirmation yet. He was taken to jail the same day though and it's too coincidental for it not to be him.
SP

Congrats. That really sucks that you may know the suspect. I hope you get your stuff home really soon. Is a liberty safe in your future? When I read about what happened that weekend I went and Bought one

Fantastic news!!! These things don't usually end in such a positive manner.

I hope Texas justice is served.

Kevlars,
If it is the little twit we and the cops all suspected, I'm glad it's him. He a 23 year old waste of human flesh. It's better that he go ahead and get his prison cell decorated. If the rest of his life is used in the same manner the first 23 years have been, he's going to be in prison or dead. Useless bastard. Anger issues and can't control his drinking/drugs. Likes to hit girls. 6'2 130 lbs. I've never met the little criminal. Step daughter wouldn't bring him around. She isn't with him and hasn't been since well before this happened.
The whole house security including safe has been updated.

Ah, good news but it looks like my suspensions about it being someone who knew you were right. Can't trust anyone these days.

That is vindication right there!! Congratulations!! I never expect to get anything back when its stolen but you have an angel looking out for you. Hopefully they let you two in a cage, give you a baseball bat and just let you beat him within an inch of his life.

Congrats! When I first read the story, I thought those guns are in Mexico and he'll never find them. I'm very glad I was wrong.

Re: Stolen guns and suppressor. Updated!!!!!!!

Great news StacyP; I bet there is little stuff he took you couldn't care less about but the kit we purchase and build our shooting skills out of is really an extension of ourselves - it's really "personal" like a wedding band. Sucks that some people think just because you have more than them they are entitled to "yours" . Now where did that mentality come from? I know when I had just one piece of my kit that I loaned out "disappear" I felt punched in the stomach - and we know except for the obvious "it's a gun" a petty "opportunist" thief doesn't have a clue to the value or even purpose of half of our "toys".

Fantastic news...hope you get your gear back quickly and the perp is sent to Texas' "best" PMITA prison for a looooooooong time.

Mesquite is my hometown, I know a few officers there. Great guys. Glad to hear you got them back. thats a once in a lifetime situation there. Good luck with everything, let us know the process of actually attaining your guns.

Great news! I'm glad You know the F-er. You can visit Him in prison, & buy a carton of smokes for the biggest meanest alternative lifestyle practitioner in His cellblock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you get everything back or were a few things missing? </div></div>

Don't have hands on any of it yet but detective said he has rifles, scopes and suppressor. Said other stuff was there too but not sure what. This just happened Friday so I won't get hands on it until next week. He did say the SBR was in a black bag and my mags are still in the mag pouches.