• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Stolen Rifle

shooter218

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2010
Ohio
www.otoa.org
DD Ross Built Rem 700 .308 win Stolen Oct of 2009 in the Columbus, Oh region. Go direct with me or contact Columbus PD if you have info that could lead to arrest and recovery. Thanks

Re: Stolen Rifle

That really sucks. I'm from Columbus and my dad and cousin go to almost every gun show in the area...they know a lot of people. I have LE family there too. I'll ask them to keep an eye out.

I'm a dealer in the nothern part of Ohio and if you put up the serial number then I can put the word out that we are looking for this rifle. Also, I am a magnet for DD Ross rifles due to the fact that I had several built and guys know that I like them. So if someone is selling one I usually hear about it. The scope serial number would also help. Where was it stolen from? I will also forward the info to Thunder Valley so if the dirt bag tries to shoot with it there he will get a big suprise.
Semper Fi,
Robert S.
SGT/USMC

I know the feeling man, and good luck. I had 2 guns stolen in April 2009 in Tukwila, Washington.

1 was a Winchester 131 bolt action .22 and the other was a 1956 vintage Ithaca M37 12ga. Still haven't heard a thing about them. Makes me sick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BEAR TACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a dealer in the nothern part of Ohio and if you put up the serial number then I can put the word out that we are looking for this rifle. Also, I am a magnet for DD Ross rifles due to the fact that I had several built and guys know that I like them. So if someone is selling one I usually hear about it. The scope serial number would also help. Where was it stolen from? I will also forward the info to Thunder Valley so if the dirt bag tries to shoot with it there he will get a big suprise.
Semper Fi,
Robert S.
SGT/USMC
</div></div>

im from just west of oxford so ill keep a eye out on the indiana side for ya. hope it turns up

I hit up quite a few different dealers around Cleveland regularly. I will let people know to keep an eye out.

That's a distinctive looking rifle. I'll keep an eye out in the Northern New Jersey/Southern New York area. Good luck.

Tell ya what when and if you catch the guy and get your rifle back give him a quarter mile head start and tell him if he can dodge the bullet he can live! Sorry to hear about the loss, it is a really sweet looking stick! I know it is a very distinct looking rifle but who is the maker, that would help somebody narrow it down if they did come across it. BTW I let all my buddies know at Camp Atterbury in Indiana to keep an eye out, they are all gun nuts and buy them regularly in Indianapolis.

Very distinctive bolt handle - that will stick out like a sore thumb to anyone paying attention with this in mind. I'm sure they'll try and paint it a different color & remove some of the accessories to disguise it.

Think they'll keep it and shoot it for themselves??

I hate a fucking thief. Hope you get it back. Whoever stole it probably doesn't know how nice of a rifle it really is. And they probably won't change the way it looks. Don't let officer cummins in columbus OH know about it or he will keep it. He still has my S&W he took from me when he arrested me for gun possesion. Cit droped all charges but they can't find the gun they say. anyway, maybe the scumbag will slip up and sell it to a place where serial numbers actually mean something. I would like to see you be able to use it on him the way it should be. Like I said before, I hate a fucking thief.

i had a GI 1911 stolen out of my trunk. knew who did it too, cops couldn't prove anything or make it stick. funny thing is he shot himself a few years later with a 45 (not sure if it was my gun, but i like to think that i was) Hopefully your shitbag is as unfortunate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDMAN555</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i had a GI 1911 stolen out of my trunk. knew who did it too, cops couldn't prove anything or make it stick. funny thing is he shot himself a few years later with a 45 (not sure if it was my gun, but i like to think that i was) Hopefully your shitbag is as unfortunate. </div></div>
now that is Karma

I frequently check Gunbroker and Guns America as well as Ohio shows so if this dirtbag is going to sell it or show it off then the chance of me seeing it is better than most. Also, with the serial number in hand I have proof. Everyone one of these scumbags screws up eventually and I hope that I am there to make is day a very bad one.

Still looking for this stolen rifle. Reward will be provided for the location, recovery and beating of the suspects. Thanks in advance.

ST

Still Missing, CPD thought they had a lead but fell thru a few months back. This rifle is out there somewhere, too nice to trash. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

ST

Sorry to hear about your rifle. We had one stolen once. Walked in to a pawn shop one day to find a guy we knew trying to sell it. I feel your pain brother.

Still looking for my stolen rifle, Look those photos over and keep an eye out. It was a real tack driver and the turds that stole them are still out there. One of them will get lazy and it will show up.

Sorry man that sucks.....live in Missouri, go to a LOT of gun shows and public ranges .... Will keep an eye out .... What's the last of the serial ???

Loaded247

Never mind Sam ... Got it... And will look for the the distinctive bolt handle and number in Mo.