• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Storing a Ghillie Suit?

heck

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2010
Iowa
Hey everybody,

This probably seems silly, but does anybody have a good way of storing their ghillie suits? They get so dirty, I would rather keep it out of the house, but after putting so much time into it, I don't want to just leave it sitting in the garage. Thanks.

Re: Storing a Ghillie Suit?

Standard military Flyers Bag or Kit Bag. Keeps the burlap and jute from getting into everything. Of course any stuff sack will do. Under no circumstances EVER take it out of the bag inside the house, the wife will have your hide as those fibers go EVERYWHERE.

Cheers,

Doc

Plastic garbage bag, and then inside a plastic bin in the garage.

Mine's in a cardboard box in the attic/garage...I take it out once a year and inspect, shake it off, let it sit 8 hrs or so in warm weather and put it back...

Always let that bad boy air dry in the sun before storing. If you are going to keep it outside then find a wooden hook and let it hang and breath. If its going to be inside get a kit bag as described that way the bag breaths and air flows thru.

I would avoid a sealed bag like a trash bag and stuff. if there is any moisture you will end up with mold!!

I roll it "inside out" so it kind of stores itself. Then I bury it in a seabag.

If it's long term storage, make sure it can breath otherwise it will rot.

If you just come back from the field with it, a garbage bag for a week can kill the crawlies that hitched a ride.

Some guys hose them with insecticide before storing. I just make peace with the bugs and live with it. Insecticide smells unnatural and scares me a little bit.

A proper Ghillie WILL STINK. Live with it.

"I don't use mine either LOL I just have one because someone made me one.."

Could that someone have been a lonely kid with a defective .338?
smile.gif