• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Strange experience shooting new Anschutz 1710 d hb

p5200

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
poplar bluff mo.
I mounted my brand new Bushnell Elite 4200 8x32x40 on it today. I used the Burris Signature Zee rimfire rifle rings. When I went to sight it in my shots were hitting way low and way to the left of POA. next, I found out there wasn't enough scope adjustment in either direction? first time I ever had that problem with any scope especially, at 25 yards.
eek.gif
I went home and put a Nikon 6x18x40 Buckmaster on went back and was able to get enough adjustment to sight it in properly. Do those particular 4200 models lack in adjustment range normally, or did I receive a faulty scope? Please! don't tell me it could be a problem with the Anschutz barrel not straight in the receiver etc.
eek.gif

Re: Strange experience shooting new Anschutz 1710 d hb

Are they the rings with the offset plastic shims? If so, did you double check that you have them in right?

Sounds like a ring problem to me, not centered over the reciever.

yes, they have the shims I assume, the shims just line up even with the top and bottom ring halves? if so, they are in right. Thanks!
smile.gif

First, I would double check that you installed the rings correctly. The signature rings have inserts that can be used to fix a bunch of problems like off-center mounting holes, or to give more elevation. Make sure you put those inserts in correctly. The could be moving your scope as much as 20MOA off center.

Next throw the scope on another rifle and see if it works with it?

If everything checks out, then contact the seller and see about a return.

mike

Forgot the shims/inserts are numbered to show what MOA they are offset. I think there are 0, 5, 10, and 20 MOA offsets. Not sure which ones came with your rings. The 30mm set I had a while back came with all of them.

Mike

I think mine came with all marked 0 four,all together. but, maybe I'd better check.
smile.gif
I also noticed the 4200 scope doesn't make many turns on the turrets before reaching their stops.

I just noticed on another set of medium ring shims that they have a notch on one outer edge but not the other should both notches be lined up on each pair of inserts? or does it not make a difference? Thanks!
smile.gif

p5200,

The Bushnell 8-32x40mm has a whole 20 MOA of adjustment. 10 MOA up and 10 MOA down. Not much adjustment to play with........

Bob

I guess I could order some different inserts for elevation but, could they be used for windage also?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: p5200</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I could order some different inserts for elevation but, could they be used for windage also? </div></div>

Em, when you got the rings, did you read the instructions that came with them? I know is sounds corny but when all else fails, read the instructions.......

However, maybe you bought them used, so here's a PDF of the instructions.

BURRIS PDF

and yes they can be used for windage or elevation....

Uh no!
grin.gif
I'd better get to reading Thanks for the link I can see it better.
smile.gif

With a little fiddling around you will be able orient the scope just how you need to with the correct ring inserts.Adjust so the POI is low in the turret range.BTW those scopes are very nice scopes even though they don't have much travel.Much more resolution than many scopes on the market these days.

Steve

I had more than one person on the RFC forum say that the Signature ZEE rings would not fit properly on the Anschutz 54 action because of the rounded dove tail top. So, I will try my BKL 257 High rings and see what happens.
smile.gif

P5200,

You could ditch the tip-off rings completely. Just get a Picatinny Scope rail that takes real Big gun rings. Like this one:

Rimfire Technologies

Bob