• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Short testimony with Arken scopes

Topstrap

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2009
East side of Ohio
I've been a big fan of Arken scopes for quite a while since a shooting buddy (Randy Wise) showed me his first one. Nearly all my longrange rimfire competition guns and a couple 1000 yard CF guns wear them. I posted this response to a PM from another person that just received his new Arken and was saying how pleased he was with it.

Yesterday my Son and I met up with Randy that first got me started with the Arkens. My Son had a NF ATACR on his 338 Norma and Randy had an Arken EP-5 5-25 mounted on a longrange custom pistol in 33 Nosler which is really close ballistically to the 338 Norma but a LOT more recoil being a handgun.

They both were testing and checking settings out to 1 mile for upcoming competitions. When finished they were shooting at clay pigeons lying between targets on the 1 mile yard line. To be honest they didn't hit a clay pigeon but they we're scaring the heck out of it and you definately wouldn't want to be holding it. It was a beautiful light wind day for Thunder Valley with slight mirage.

Neither shooter had any problem seeing and being able to slightly hold off for the wind changes. I shot his 33 Nosler pistol once and just barely went off the right side. Just sharing to show these scopes are tough, extremely accurate with adjustments throughout their travel and clear enough to see a clay pigeon at one mile.

Last weekend I shot my old 40X with an Arken EP-5 5-25 and shot the first perfect score at Rayners longrange rimfire match out to 250 yards with some incredibly small last targets on each of the racks. Was so easy to move the small floating dot around on each target. Finished up with 5 hits at 150 yards on a hanging chain link. Decent gun, great ammo and a great scope that performed reliably all distances along with some luck made it happen.

If you haven't checked out the Arken line they should be included in your consideration when shopping for an optic.

Now that I've typed this I think I'll share it on other forums.

20240524_121810.jpg

Adding a couple more pictures to show where the clay pigeons were. They were hitting the 18" steel targets but wanted bragging rights.

20240524_115130.jpg

Targets for 1 mile off to the right in front of the farthest line of trees.

Closeup thru spotting scope. The square targets are 4ft plywood for paper matches. The round targets are 18" or 1moa.

20240524_132200.jpg

Topstrap

The price for the performance that you get is really hard to beat.

My buddy had an issue with a canted reticle and Arken took care of him no questions asked. That's pretty awesome. The warranty support, not the canted reticle. :)