• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strelok Pro Competition Mode Screen ???

BeteNoire

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2009
I've been wanting to use my phone as a forearm dope tool and the Strelok Pro target list seemed like it might work with a few changes. Here is a proposed concept that I would like to get some opinions regarding. I mocked up a Strelok Pro screen capture with my possible modifications and thoughts about workflow. Could you guys please take a look at the picture and read the workflow and offer your opinions? Thanks!!

Background:

To be able to use Strelok Pro in a live match scenario while on your forearm

Strelok Pro Comp Mode.jpg

Proposed workflow:
  • From the Target List screen within the app, add a “Comp Mode” button.
  • Once in Comp Mode, the phone locks to landscape display. Deactivating Comp Mode restores phone to default view (portrait or landscape).
  • Place the phone in a forearm holder of some kind.
  • When Comp Mode is enabled, the following new features are activated:
  • PAR time – Touching the timer icon lets you configure the PAR time for your needs.
  • Capture Targets button – Puts the app into target capture mode and button changes to “CAPTURING”. Press again and button changes to “LOCKED”.
  • Once activated, each time a target is ranged (with a previously configured LRF), it is added to the target list and automatically assigned a number, e.g., TG1, TG2, etc. No other interaction is required, just keep ranging the targets in the desired order.
  • For each target added to the target list, there will be two buttons…One to recapture that target’s range
    Recycle.jpg
    (and retain the current target number order) and another to delete that target from the list
    iOS Trash.jpg
    (resulting in reordering the numbers)
  • Once you’ve captured your targets, press the “CAPTURING” button to exit target capture mode and lock the target list. This will prevent inadvertent targets being added to the list if the LRF is accidentally pressed after completing a desired list.
  • START button – Starts the PAR timer countdown and button changes from START to STOP. If STOP is pressed, the PAR timer will stop counting down, and change back to START (PAR time will NOT reset, merely pauses current countdown). When the countdown time expires, PAR timer flashes red 00:00 and phone’s default alert tone is sounded.
Reset button – Resets PAR time back to origin setting and capture target button back to “CAPTURE”.

I've been wanting to use my phone as a forearm dope tool and the Strelok Pro target list seemed like it might work with a few changes. Here is a proposed concept that I would like to get some opinions regarding. I mocked up a Strelok Pro screen capture with my possible modifications and thoughts about workflow. Could you guys please take a look at the picture and read the workflow and offer your opinions? Thanks!!

Background:

To be able to use Strelok Pro in a live match scenario while on your forearm

View attachment 8014734

Proposed workflow:
  • From the Target List screen within the app, add a “Comp Mode” button.
  • Once in Comp Mode, the phone locks to landscape display. Deactivating Comp Mode restores phone to default view (portrait or landscape).
  • Place the phone in a forearm holder of some kind.
  • When Comp Mode is enabled, the following new features are activated:
  • PAR time – Touching the timer icon lets you configure the PAR time for your needs.
  • Capture Targets button – Puts the app into target capture mode and button changes to “CAPTURING”. Press again and button changes to “LOCKED”.
  • Once activated, each time a target is ranged (with a previously configured LRF), it is added to the target list and automatically assigned a number, e.g., TG1, TG2, etc. No other interaction is required, just keep ranging the targets in the desired order.
  • For each target added to the target list, there will be two buttons…One to recapture that target’s range View attachment 8014737 (and retain the current target number order) and another to delete that target from the list View attachment 8014738 (resulting in reordering the numbers)
  • Once you’ve captured your targets, press the “CAPTURING” button to exit target capture mode and lock the target list. This will prevent inadvertent targets being added to the list if the LRF is accidentally pressed after completing a desired list.
  • START button – Starts the PAR timer countdown and button changes from START to STOP. If STOP is pressed, the PAR timer will stop counting down, and change back to START (PAR time will NOT reset, merely pauses current countdown). When the countdown time expires, PAR timer flashes red 00:00 and phone’s default alert tone is sounded.
Reset button – Resets PAR time back to origin setting and capture target button back to “CAPTURE”.
Update to version 7.03. I added Screen rotation lock. I will think about you proposal, how it can be done

I don't want screen rotation, however I like the "comp mode" which has a PAR /count down timer.
I have a phone holder which clips on the side of my firearm (sorta like mlok) and can fold, and my phone is held in portrait.

Next to target distance, have an icon of the target. Round, square, IPSC.
388 ⚫
481 ⬛
so you can visually see which target to hit. This has cost me points on more than one occasion.

Less busy is best. Stage prep properly, maybe get your target angle, directions before, etc..
Remove the part circled in orange, when in comp mode. Don't need target name, just distance. Also by removing name and icons down the bottom, can fit in an extra target distance easily.

Forgot to say.. android 6.8.3
IMG_20221226_145113_compress93.jpg

Last edited:
I don't want screen rotation, however I like the "comp mode" which has a PAR /count down timer.
I have a phone holder which clips on the side of my firearm (sorta like mlok) and can fold, and my phone is held in portrait.

Next to target, have an icon of the target. Round, square, IPSC. So you can visually see which target to hit. This has cost me points on more than one occasion.
Makes sense, be able to lock in portrait or landscape. I like the idea of having icons for target shape. NRL hunter uses pigs, coyotes, yeti, et al.

Reactions: iceng
Posted this in another thread...

"Mandalorian mode" - I shot a 1-day like this a couple of weeks back, it kicked ass, never touched a pen/marker the whole day, and had clearer, more detailed info than I would have had otherwise. I've seen some fancy wrist-coach handiwork too, but one would need to be a f'ing wrist-coach artist/savant to beat SP's color-coded, neat, easy-to-read columns, etc.

I entered and saved 10 stages (~3-6 targets each) in like 5 minutes, well before the match ever started, and never had to worry about it again. It saves a ton of time pre-stage and leaves more time to get behind binos or chill/have fun/get your head right/whatever until it's your turn to shoot (I just updated the weather/dope throughout the day).

(easter egg - press the "wheel" in the upper-left corner to add a second wind value):

tempImagedCF36o.png

IMG_E12DD5ED7663-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Posted this in another thread...

"Mandalorian mode" - I shot a 1-day like this a couple of weeks back, it kicked ass, never touched a pen/marker the whole day, and had clearer, more detailed info than I would have had otherwise. I've seen some fancy wrist-coach handiwork but one would need to be a f'ing wrist-coach artist/savant to beat SP's color-coded, neat, easy-to-read columns, etc.

I entered and saved 10 stages (~3-6 targets each) in like 5 minutes, well before the match ever started, and never had to worry about it again. It saves a ton of time pre-stage and leaves more time to get behind binos or just chill/have fun or whatever until it's your turn to shoot (I just updated the weather/dope throughout the day).

(easter egg - press the "wheel" in the upper-left corner to add a second wind value):

View attachment 8107385

View attachment 8107390
Perfect, that is exactly what I want to rock. If you get a sec, please post a link to the phone holder that you went with or any other tweaks. Thanks!!

Perfect, that is exactly what I want to rock. If you get a sec, please post a link to the phone holder that you went with or any other tweaks. Thanks!!

Any "running/workout phone holder" should work... also, I'm one of the few MF'ers who bought the iPhone 13 mini, so it probably looks better on a normal-sized phone.

I just got a cheap one off Amazon:

Clearly I'm not doing it right. How to get to competition mode like yours @CK1.0 ?? I have the drop down menu on the right I want to remove, so it's just the distances. Android, Strelok pro, ver 6.9.2. Hmm, I can't update to 7.xx.. boooo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-29-20-13-50-00_ccc757fd76cd73e6bc05febe6bc94fa4_compress76.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-29-20-13-50-00_ccc757fd76cd73e6bc05febe6bc94fa4_compress76.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Clearly I'm not doing it right. How to get to competition mode like yours @CK1.0 ?? I have the drop down menu on the right I want to remove, so it's just the distances. Android, Strelok pro, ver 6.9.2. Hmm, I can't update to 7.xx.. boooo

It might be different on Android, but with iPhone, it’s just the multiple target mode turned on its side for landscape view and then I press the red lock-out button so the view stays horizontal…

IDK? Wish I could be more helpful…

7.14 is the latest version for iOS
6.9.2 is the latest version for Android
There is technical difficult to make the same screen as in iOS version but I will try to do that

Thanks a bunch. I'll await relaunch on the webstore. Gonna put it on 2 devices (pay for another new pro version) so I can use an old phone like @CK1.0 does. Or however you distribute it.

Thanks a bunch. I'll await relaunch on the webstore. Gonna put it on 2 devices (pay for another new pro version) so I can use an old phone like @CK1.0 does. Or however you distribute it.
Done. Will be available in version 6.9.3 for Android

Attachments

• Screenshot_1680507802.png
    Screenshot_1680507802.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: 6.5SH
That is awesome. I'll probably buy it again from Amazon app store when it updates, and do it that way.

Thank you, I appreciate the support you give.

Will it also include screen rotation lock ? A timer would also be awesome. But I'm happy with your work, it's excellent.

So how can we update pro with it not being on the android play store?I am worried about loosing the app.

Screen lock feature is nice. We’re getting there. I’m hoping for a stage PAR timer next.

Screen lock feature is nice. We’re getting there. I’m hoping for a stage PAR timer next.

The layout is so clean and offers such clear info that I would rather they leave a timer out if it'd crowd things up any.

I think for me at least, "timing out" isn't the thing holding them back from finishing out of the mid-pack... so I tend to look at running a timer as a training thing vs something I need in-match. Having the clear easy-to-read info, and more importantly, not having to spend any time having to sort it out and write it down pre-stage... is what I really appreciate so far.

Reactions: iceng