• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Strider folders.....whatcha think??

Nostradumbass

Falconer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2009
    NE Texas
    I'm about to break down and buy a drop point Strider SMF....just wanted a few opinions from strider knife owners on what they like and don't like about strider's folders.
    If this horse has been beat before, I appologize.
    Thanks!

Re: Strider folders.....whatcha think??

I have many folders , those I prefer are those with frame lock like Sebenza and SMF .

The Strider SMF is just a little bit bulkier & heavier than Sebenza or some other frame lock folders but it is a very high end one IMHO , you won't be disappointed .

PP out

Striders are excellent knives. I have a Zero Tolerance 0301 that strider was involved in designing, But I now carry the DPX HEST.

I own this knife, and it's followed me everywhere for over 3 years. The only minor complaint is the bulk, as the thick handle is not suited for wear with jeans. Conversely, I don't know how Strider would have avoided this given the blade size, but keep this in mind depending on your method of carry.

I'd say this is a perfect example of "buy once cry once", and you should be very satisfied.

One word of warning: the clip is very tight, and you may be temped to loosen it with a screwdriver to fit it over your pocket. Don't do this. This tightness will eventually keep you from dropping $375 out of your pocket.

Strider SNG will be my next one. Ive been drooling over them for a while now just trying to get up the guts to spend that much on a pocket knife. But I too have become a believer in buy once cry once cause Ive got a drawer full of crap that was a supposedley a cheaper way out. If your gonna be a bear, be a grizzly.

they are nice also look at crusader forge

They are great knives. Tough as can be. I have an SMF and an SnG and I end up carrying the SnG much more. It does everything the SMF does, but carries easier. YMMV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they are nice also look at crusader forge</div></div>
    Crusader makes some awesome blades! Thanks for the heads up Joe.....I ordered a SMF already, but will definitely keep them in mind.

SMF came in yesterday.....3/4 grind drop point. This is a serious use knife. I'm glad I bought it. It is a fine example of "you get what you pay for!"
    6b86f486.jpg

Good choice. I have the SNG Tanto but find the drop point blade much more useful.
    Now go use it! Those knives are meant for action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they are nice also look at crusader forge</div></div>

Those look really nice. Any comparison photos next to other knives in terms of size perspective ?

I got a SMF XL this week. It's about 10% bigger than yours, but still fits the hand good. It's a beast, but it carries nice and I love the " THUNK" it makes when I open it.

3.jpg

2.jpg

I've had a couple Crusaders. Awesome blades too, but I think the SMF carries better. The Metro rides like a brick. Both are equal on the bad ass dept.

Here's the one I had..

DSC07323-1.jpg

Striders are definitely nice kit, but +1 on CF. I actually sold off my last hinderer to pick up another trident, extremely well built knives. (Hinderer was superb as well, just sold it because of the price I was offered, same reason I no longer own a Strider.)

Striders are built like tanks for sure and i would highly recommend them. Crusader Forge has been at the top of my list for a while now but are hard as hell to find in stock.