• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors strider sng

jroberts

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2007
dover,delaware
ive been looking at these for a while and i think im going to pull the trigger..its going to be a edc knife so if anyone has any reason why i should not buy one please let me know and why... and mabe another option instead of a strider....it will be used for everything...work hunting camping..anything that might need some cutting..

i would also like to know where the best place to pick one of the up from is...internet or store location

thanks Jonathan

Re: strider sng

i love anything strider they are made to use FOREVER. awesome knives

They are expensive, but like a lot of things you get what you pay for. I love my Striders.

I say buy it and don't look back.

The sng is a great piece, but you may also want to consider a chris reeve Umnumzaan.

Extremely durable, and the fit and finish is better than the strider.

I had one, but my hand is too big for it, I went for the smf & found some things about it i didn't like, so i went for the ZT-301 & have had it for about 2 years and havent found myself looking for another folder since.

strider makes a great product, but it just wasnt for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry a SMF in my pocket </div></div>

Me too. Tanto style blade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: onlyfineknives</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sng is a great piece, but you may also want to consider a chris reeve Umnumzaan.

Extremely durable, and the fit and finish is better than the strider. </div></div>

THIS.

I have a couple of striders and no doubt they are sturdy and fit my hand comfortably. My problem is getting them sharp again. I have tried several different stones and sharpening systems. Is there a trick to getting these blades sharp again? A specific angle or system that works best? I have read the other postings about using the spyderco sharpmaker but never specifically for strider knives. I have a lansky system but it doesn't seem to get the blade any sharper.

My EDC is an SnG and I love it. Had it for a few years now and couldn't be happier.