• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strike Industries Gridlock

roostercogburn98

Fudd gun collector extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2010
Anyone have any experience with the Strike Industries Gridlock handguard? Ran across this at LGS, and thought I’d give it a try. This is not a should I buy it even though I already bought it and don’t wanna say I bought it thread. I bought the 15 inch but as soon as I got home, I feel like I should’ve went with the 17 inch version.
It is a tooless install once you put the barrel nut on and the shroud is affixed to the HG. I am still in the middle of whether that will hurt or harm anything. First reaction is , I can remove it to attach my magnetospeed if I need to check a load. It has modular sections in the front as far as being able to install a picatinny rail for bipods, and the top rail section has a built in flip up sight similar to the Barrett 50s.
Thoughts from the crowd. Build deets fir gun it is going on for now. Intended use is steel and paper out to 600.

-Mega matched ambi set
-triggertech
-bartlein 1-7.7 SS barrel, WOA competition barrel extension with seekins bolt headspaced
- SA adjustable GB
-Magpul PRS Gen 3
-HDMR 2 3.5-21 in JP flattop mount
C55D87E4-BC9D-4F80-BBEA-540391B0A2DC.jpeg
32566E10-3D04-4CE3-BA80-57A880B4F4D3.jpeg
3CC24FE0-5662-4141-8802-B283C6B52DA7.jpeg

I have 2, a 15" and a 11". I like them a lot. They aren't slim or light, but there is a new light weight version out now. They feel great in the hand.

You will need to be patient assembling/screwing in the colored pieces. IIRC, they are reverse threaded screws.

I also had some issues with my barrel nut on one, which had slots for the gas tube, so you may need to use the shims.

Last edited:
I have 2, a 15" and a 11". I like them a lot. They aren't light, but their is a new light weight version out now. They feel great in the hand.
What do you have them on if you don’t mind me asking

Are they solid? I have test fit this one to my rifle and it seems alright. Seems I need to batten down the hatches and go shoot it really not the PRI that I originally envisioned, but something kept telling me that option was not the best.
50D12580-4E25-4D2F-BACC-95AA0571BC7C.jpeg

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I've been happy with it so far, but it hasn't seen much action and no abuse.