• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

STUBBYGEAR.COM

Sniper52

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2009
Boones Mill, VA
Has anyone ever used Stubbygear.com to order equipment? If so, have you had problems with receiving items ordered? I ordered an eagle drag bag from them in September of this year and have yet to receive it. My account was debited the amount as soon as the order was placed, but no bag has arrived. On the web sight is say 6 to 8 weeks to ship but I am a little concerned at this point.

I also have tried numerous time to call and never can reach anyone.

Anyone have any experience with this company or suggestions?

Re: STUBBYGEAR.COM

It's been some time since I ordered a few things there but it all went ok. If I recall he was hard to get a reply from at times, I think "Stubby Gear" may be a sideline business for him.

If he said 6 to 8 weeks your on the long side of it but not into the "Oh Shit" I got screwed region. I'd say you'll see it soon. Be nice if you could get word from him though, not knowing anything and knowing it will be delayed are two different animals entirely....

I ordered two Eagle stock packs from them and received the order within a week. No issues.

If it hasn't been 60 days, be sure to file a dispute on you CC you used. They don't have to reverse the charges right away, but if you don't at least alert them within 60 days you'll be screwed.

I live near their store and know the owner. Don't worry,I can assure you "Stubby" AKA Eric will make it right with you, he is a very stand up guy and runs a great business. Don't call on the weekends he is usally at a gun show and is closed on Mondays.

Here is his store # 717-792-2666 When you do reach him he will fix you up.

I did the store call and was helped very quickly, girl who answered went in the back and made sure it was in stock and pulled it. Some have had bad experiences with them, but mine were very good and they had the stuff in stock. I'd call as most have a hard time with the website.
Hope this may help.
Chad

I just recieved a credit from PP. I ordered something after 3 weeks and no show I sent them an email...no response after a few days I sent another....No response.I started an inquary with pp after two weeks and no joy I elevated it to a claim.Another two weeks and I got a notice from PP they were issuing a refund.In all this time no response from Stubby.As far as im concerned there is no excuse for any company to act in this manner. I would avoid them like the plague they opperate like snake oil salesman.

I got my 3 Color Desert Eagle Drag Bag last year around this time. Went well for me to. Not sure of the exact time it took, but i know that i get itchy when it takes longer than 2 weeks, so it must have shown up in roughly that ammt of time. i wouldnt hesitate to order from them again, but judging from the comments, i can see why others are cautious.

He got me back in 2004. Over a year to get most of my order is unacceptable. Some guys luck out and have no problems, but a lot of us are left out there for a while. These types of threads pop up every 6 or so months on the gun boards.

He's on my very short Do Not Buy From Ever Again list.

CHRIS

I don't like doing businesses who charge the credit card up front. The only exception would be a custom order. There are too many other businesses you can choose from.

No happy here with Stubby. I ordered a Eagle stock pack that was said to be in stock at the time I ordered it, card was charged that day, nothing showed up for near a month as I called and called. Finally got a new number and after a couple attempts, someone answered, did a long search, found my order, said the item was back ordered and the order would get filled once enough orders to place the order, another few weeks or something like that, I got a credit back so other than wasting my time, nothing lost but last time doing bizz with Stubby, I do wish him well.

Called Steve at Triad, had my stock pack at my door in 5 days.

I always take it as a bad sign when you dial a business during normal business hours only to reach a message that informs you that the mail box is full and to try again later.

Click.

Just talked to Eric at Stubby Gear on the phone. He took care of my problem. Very apologetic for the delay, just waiting on eagle to send him the bag. Seems to be very busy guy, needing some help. Would not hesitate to use them again. JAA

FYI,

If its not in stock at Eagle, and Stubby does not have them on backorder already, the lead time on new orders is OVER 20 weeks.

I sure wish I had read this thread before ordering from Stubby Gear. I ordered a Eagle Stock Pack on 03/24/2010 and as said, my account was debited right away. Nothing indicating it was on backorder, etc. I've left three voice mails and three seperate messages via the website. I can't even get a hold of anyone to cancel my order and refund my money. Frustrating.....

Stubby Gear once was a very good resource for Eagle products. He then had a major delivery issue (either he or Eagle) and he was not the best with communications. Switched to Triad and never looked back. After the sh*t storm a few years back I am suprised he is still in business.

Pat

Ordered a stock pack from him as well the first of this month, my account wasnt debited, and I have not received the product. I have tried numerous times to call the # on the site, but had no luck.

They are very laid back, give them some time. A lot of gunshows this month. They previously supported my club with many doantions and discounts on products. I try to get by the shop every couple of months.

i ordered a stock pack a few months back...i wasent charged and after ordering i figured eagle stock packs were so back ordered that i would just get a tac ops one from another site...i didnt even get a conformation email from stubbygear...i figure it might just show up next year or so... no going to even bother calling up since i was not charged.

My Card was finally charged 2 weeks ago from an order I placed in Dec.09. So I am thinking I should have had it a week ago? WTF, I called and spoke to this cat a few times during Feb/ March and just decided to let it show up- besides, my credit card had not been charged as he said it would not be until the item was shipped. So now it's freaking May, he did charge me in late April- Where is my Shit man?

I can handle waiting months for an item that is in high demand- just part of the game- But the complete lack of communication is Fubar. Then to whack my card 2 weeks ago and I still aint got nothing- nope that’s just wrong. Gonna have to put B of A on his Ass unless he picks up the phone today and assures me it’s in route!

Between Triad Tactical, Tactical Works, and SWFA I've not had to chance it with anyone else. Hope I never do.

still haven't heard a thing after calls, e-mails about my Jan. Eagle stock pack order. Never again. Looks like Triad will get a chance @ future orders.

I spoke to soon- Kinda. I just got home and found a package at the door. I received 2 of the 3 items I ordered. All three were billed/charged 2 weeks ago. I guess they found it prudent to charge me for the "still" backordered item. Wtf

they billed me 2 weeks before i got my eagle stock pack which i got last friday.....even though i got my package i will not order from them again...no confirmation email, no communication...i know i ordered a back ordered product but no emails and there store hours being horrible i would just use someone else for my tactical gear

I might be laid back too if I had other guys money and wasn't returning their calls. I can see getting busy, I can see having a personal tradgey.........but man return a call or place an email. OR tell the customer this product is on back order.

I wanted some products from Triad-Steve emailed me in one day..products will be in stock in another month...he'll email me when they arrive to put me in line. Thats a fair way to conduct business IMHO.

Placed order 3/30/10 (before I saw this thread) for a stock pack. The web site made NO mention of back order etc. The only reason I ordered was I naively thought they had the packs in stock (when Triad didn't).

When I called 1 1/2 weeks later got voice mail message about being out at gun shows for April and May but net orders would still be processed, blah, blah, blah... Tried the "contact us" link through site which is bullshit. Not enough room in comment line to bother. It says 'they'll call you'. Filled it out anyway and when I didn't get a call, I started calling. Finally got an answer two or three weeks ago and the lady was very polite and apologized. She said their internet was down and she was going to check on the status of my order and call me back asap... Nothing. I have tried to call several times since and got a 'fast beep' not even voice mail. Got VM yesterday and left another damn message.

In the meantime, Triad got the stock packs in. I ordered one on 5/3/10 and had it in my grubby little hands within FIVE days. I figure my other pack from Stubbygear will show up eventually... To me it's honestly not worth the trouble to cancel the order. I can guarantee I'll never order from them again. I'm all for supporting small business but at least do whatever the fuck it is you tell me you'll do.

They charged my account a month ago, and now won't return emails. I'll be protesting my charge and never doing business with them in the future.

I'm glad that I saw this thread before ordering from them. This feedback should save some of us from the same negative outcomes. Sorry that you are going through this with them.

Although the exact details of what I was after at the time are forgotten.....I can remember as Stubby went on my "avoid" list.

I ordered online, CC debited immediately, then nothing. In the end I cancelled the order as I'd found the item elsewhere with stock. Got a refund.

I ordered an Eagle Pack from Stubby a year and a half ago. Got a confirmation email and was never charged. Figured I would be charged when it shipped. Haven't ever seen the stock pack and never have been charged. I emailed them after a year since I bought one elsewhere and forgot all about it. Never did hear back from them. No excuse for being such douchebags. I am astounded they still have a website and are in business.

Figured I would add to this list to inform others. Ordered a stock pack 12-12-10 and was told 6 to 8 weeks after the fact. That was 10 weeks ago and have heard nothing out of them since. Tried calling and no answer. Voicemail is full so couldnt leave a message. Sent an email to them and heard nothing bad. Even if I receive the stockpack I will NEVER order from these guys again. No excuse whatsoever on this.

He went under months ago...I guess there is nothing on the site that states the company is no longer in business.

I'm really glad that I found this thread, I just ordered an Eagle pack from them. I guess now I have to call the bank and make sure they deny the transaction since it seems I'll never be able to get ahold of anyone over at Stubby.