• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

stuck need assistant

crane op

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2014
ashland ky
I have a armalite ar 15 it had unfortunate run in with pissed off wife ( that's another story lol) every time I pull the charging handle
Back too load a round the buffer spring detent and spring comes out of the hole and gets in hammer I thought spring was bad bought a new one but didn't help it at all any ideas will be helpful thanks in advance

Sounds like the buffer is getting snagged back in the buffer tube. Open it up and clean it out. Are you sure you have the right buffer in it? I "think" I got what you're taking about, can somebody correct me if I am wrong?

The buffer and buffer spring are factory I haven't changed that just detent and detent spring is all I changed but I will make sure it clean in buffer tube thank you

Another question how far should the buffer tube be screwed in should it be flush with edge of hole where detent and spring goes in ?

No, the receiver extension should overlap the edge of the hole because that is what retains the buffer retainer pin and spring. If the end of the receiver extension is flush with the end of the hole that is your whole problem right there.

Yep that was the problem I screwed buffer tube in a little more and that fixed it thank y'all for your help feel pretty dumb that it was that simple lol
But again thank y'all for your help