• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Student Barred from School After Family Shooting Range Outing

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
What the actual fuck?!

Loveland school suspends teen over family gun outing; pics on social media
August 28, 2019 By Sherrie Peif

Loveland — A 16-year-old Loveland High School junior has been told not to come back to class until the school can conduct a full investigation into an anonymous tip to “Safe-2-Tell” of a “threatening” Snapchat by the student.
RMGO-tweet.jpg
Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, a Northern Colorado-based Pro Second Amendment organization, posted on Facebook that it would supply the family with legal representation if the student’s story “bears out as first reported.”
Nathan Myers and his mother Justine Myers said the Snapchat video of several handguns was taken while the family was preparing to spend the afternoon at a shooting range on Tuesday. The caption on it: “Finna be lit,” was simply Nathan’s way of saying he was excited to be out shooting with his family using slang in common use among his peers, Nathan said.
According to Urban Dictionary, an online crowd-sourced collection of slang definitions, the word “finna” is also used in place of the word “gonna,” and according to Meriam-Webster, “lit” is slang for “excited.”
Complete Colorado sent Weld County Sheriff Steve Reams the Snapchat with no context to what was happening and asked him how he would interpret the post, he said it appeared to him someone got a new gun and was excited to go shoot it.
When told of the outcome, Reams could not believe one person’s fears were causing such a shakeup for another. He said this is the perfect example of the damage the Red Flag Law could do.
“People base their apprehension on their own paradigm and their own fear of guns and gun culture,” Reams said. “One kid is totally excited to go out and train on how to use a gun responsibly, while another kid is totally freaked out about seeing a gun.”
Justine said she and her husband took Nathan shooting yesterday because he hadn’t been in a while.
“We had a great day,” Justine said. “This is what we do. Nathan has been shooting many times with us. We are huge Second Amendment supporters.”
Nathan, who lives full time with his father, said it was the first time he’d seen his mom in a couple of weeks and he was excited to go, which is what led to the Snapchat.

“While we were at her house getting ready to go, I took a video of five or six pistols and an AR-15,” Nathan said. “None of them were loaded, they were all in their cases.”
However, when the family came down from the mountains, Nathan’s father had left several messages for Justine about police officers at his home questioning Nathan’s intentions.
“His father told them he was out shooting with me, I am an avid shooter,” Justine said. “So, the officers said he wasn’t in trouble and left.”
When Nathan woke up Wednesday morning, the Thompson Valley School District (TVSD) had other ideas. They left a message telling his father Nathan should not to come to school until a full investigation could be conducted.
“I called to ask why I couldn’t go, and they said it was a safety concern because the student who reported it was scared I was going to shoot up the school,” Nathan said, adding, in three years at Loveland High School he has never had a conflict with another student.
Nathan admitted his not very focused on academics, but added he has a clean criminal record, and a full group of friends with no reason for anyone to be afraid of him. But what frustrated him the most, was the fact the school district wouldn’t allow him access to missed work.
“I already struggle in school enough as it is,” Nathan said. “Missing a few days will really put me far behind.”
Thompson Valley School District spokesman Michael Hausmann said the district could not comment on the specific incident but included a link to the district’s policy on makeup work for a like situation. It says: “Suspended students will be provided an opportunity to make up school work during the period of suspensions, so the student is able to reintegrate into the educational program of the district following the period of suspension. Students will receive full or partial academic credit to the extent possible for make-up work which is completed satisfactorily.”
Nathan has a 10 a.m. hearing on Thursday with the school district.
Reams said in this case, because of an anonymous tool for students to report their fears, a kid has now been adjudicated by the school district until he can prove his innocence for a crime he didn’t commit.
“This is exactly the mechanics of the Red Flag Law,” Reams said. “Someone filed an anonymous complaint, without the other person knowing it was being filed, but instead of him being deprived of his Second Amendment rights, he’s being deprived of his ability to go to school without due process.”
This is not the first time TVSD and Loveland High School have called into question Nathan and his family’s support of the Second Amendment. When Nathan was a freshman, he was caught doodling a Glock 45 in class.
School resource officers pulled him out of class and told him he knew way too much about guns. He was not suspended that time, but school administration required his dad to sign a statement allowing him back into class, Nathan said. He has also been questioned about a Second Amendment sticker on his truck, his mother said.

“I understand these are the times, as a parent, I’m grateful,” Justine said. “But you have a police officer say there is no threat. And then I call the district and explain those are my firearms; those are all mine; we were shooting; there is no threat, and I have video of all of us shooting to back all this up.”
Reams said if this would have occurred with the Red Flag law in place, and if Loveland police would have believed that Nathan might be a threat, they could have not only confiscated any guns in his possession, but any guns in the homes of both parents where they might believe he has access, taking away others’ Second Amendment rights in the process.
“He exercised his First Amendment right to use his Second Amendment right,” Reams said. “I hope this doesn’t make him fear that in the future.”

• Angry
Reactions: seansmd
The familial support this youngster has, is awesome. The community support this family has (regarding the legal issues) is also awesome. As for the 'other student' and the school itself,,,, there are some major 're-structuring' needs as well as some humility AND responsibility needs to be taught.

The people crying wolf should not be able to be anonymous, in fact does that not violate the constitution.

So #1 the person that sighned the law should be in jail for a felony.

#2 The school superintendent should be in jail with a felony for refusing to give up the cry babies name.

#3 The cry baby should be sued in civil court.

#4 a bunch of people need thier teeth kicked out.

Maybe the lawyers can bring this all the way to SCOTUS.

The people crying wolf should not be able to be anonymous, in fact does that not violate the constitution.

#2 The school superintendent should be in jail with a felony for refusing to give up the cry babies name.

Just got some new boots that could use some breaking-in. Sign me up.

The problem is most schools are ran by and predominately staffed by left wing disfunctional types.

That is the majority!

Secondly they get away with running thier warped and illegal agenda.

Time this was stopped.

Adjuacated by the school district?
A hearing?
Reintegrated into the system?
Rights violated out the ass.
Needs to know who his accuser(s) are.
When I was in school we had rifle and shotgun club had two minimum kegs of powder for reloading onsite had guns in the vehicles and nobody gave a shit and nobody was shot
Half the teachers and faculty were former military you absolutely didn't get pissy with them. That kid should be given a straight A on all missed assignments. I can only hope that they are lawyered up and that is a sad state that it should come to that. The fact that the LEO'S (good job) didn't have a problem should have clued them in?

It will get to SCOTUS but how many people have to deal with this?

Loveland=Denver which has become a liberal shithole.

If this had happened in Foul Mike's rural AO it would have been a non issue.

Id sue for all I was worth...the child has been permanently emotionally scarred;)

Reactions: TACC and Snuby642
It's called narcissism and lonliness.

I don't understand it in a mass interest forum like Facebook but in a limited interest place like Snipers Hide where you seek advice form experienced shooters (except for those commandos in mom basement pretending to be OAF) or you want them to know about a good experience - well that's just being human.

Reactions: TACC
Never understand the fascination of posting your life on line.

No shit.

I do go on Fakebook but only to keep up with a few friends. I never post anything of merit, maybe a photo of the wolf pups for sale...which btw, I will have several of in February..

I don't understand it in a mass interest forum like Facebook but in a limited interest place like Snipers Hide where you seek advice form experienced shooters (except for those commandos in mom basement pretending to be OAF) or you want them to know about a good experience - well that's just being human.

Careful, fucker, you already disparaged my penis in another thread, I might leave Mom's basement and pay you a visit.? Being OAF and all.

I believe the main intention of these ridiculous Red Flag laws is to vilify guns. If they can make you feel guilty while publicizing their "successes" then they are succeeding. They have to make it look like their Red Flag laws are working to justify their silly thinking AND they hope that they will make people feel guilty or reluctant about mentioning the word gun let alone owning one.

"scheming demons dressed in kingly guise"

The government, local and national, will say that owning guns will ruin your life then they use every avenue they can, legal or not, just to prove what they said is true.

This kid's life will forever be altered now. Imagine if the student was a straight A student with scholarships before this happened, now all that will go down the tubes. It will ruin his GPA and you can bet that almost any college will rescind their scholarship as soon as the school notifies them the student is not anti gun. This could very well be life changing for the child because some administrator, who cannot he held accountable, decided to ruin this child's life.

Guns will be seized under the Red Flag laws and they will be gone forever because no judge is going to assume the responsibility by giving back guns to someone who has been accused of something. If they did and the gun owner did do something bad the judge would be held accountable and they would never risk it. Once the guns are seized they are gone forever.

We are loosing the war guys, we are loosing every single battle so the only outcome will be we loose the war. We cannot get 1/2 of the gun owners to even call or write an email for fear of being put on "the list". The other 1/2 won't get involved until it affects what they have in their own safe. Of we cannot come together as gun owners, instead of AR, AK, bolt gun, shotgun or handgun owners, the 2nd Amendment is doomed. We have far too many gun owners who refuse to help out their fellow gun owners. Most people, including me, think bump stocks are silly but I made calls and sent emails to support my fellow gun owners that do like them. I seen plenty of gun owners who said bump stocks should be banned and those gun owners are nothing more than traitors to the Constitution, traitors to the 2nd Amendment and traitors to their fellow gun owners.

I don’t just take my kids shooting, I take my non shooting neighbors’ kids shooting too. My Snapchat group knows we shoot, knows are a pro 2A and knows I will teach anyone that wants to learn how to shoot and have a good time doing it. My sons girlfriend is the school board president’s daughter. We’ve invited her out to shoot with us on a few occasions; it’s yet to work out, but her parents know.

If this shit happened around here, I would raise hell that the whole district would have to deal with.

This is a perfect example of how Red flag type laws are a very flawed way of thinking and should never be allowed

This is the result of twats raising twats . Parents let the school parent the child .
Parents don't spend time with their children raising them . If they were doing this
20190831_143935.jpg

And this
20170529_142425_Burst01.jpg

with their children we would not have this stupid shit . Don't get me wrong , kids will find their own stupid shit to gie you a fuck8n ulcer but that's your kids job . Not some ill raised yuppy larvae .

Edit : That's my son learning today how to change fuel injectors . He's twelve .

The government, local and national, will say that owning guns will ruin your life then they use every avenue they can, legal or not, just to prove what they said is true.

This kid's life will forever be altered now. Imagine if the student was a straight A student with scholarships before this happened, now all that will go down the tubes. It will ruin his GPA and you can bet that almost any college will rescind their scholarship as soon as the school notifies them the student is not anti gun. This could very well be life changing for the child because some administrator, who cannot he held accountable, decided to ruin this child's life.

Guns will be seized under the Red Flag laws and they will be gone forever because no judge is going to assume the responsibility by giving back guns to someone who has been accused of something. If they did and the gun owner did do something bad the judge would be held accountable and they would never risk it. Once the guns are seized they are gone forever.

We are loosing the war guys, we are loosing every single battle so the only outcome will be we loose the war. We cannot get 1/2 of the gun owners to even call or write an email for fear of being put on "the list". The other 1/2 won't get involved until it affects what they have in their own safe. Of we cannot come together as gun owners, instead of AR, AK, bolt gun, shotgun or handgun owners, the 2nd Amendment is doomed. We have far too many gun owners who refuse to help out their fellow gun owners. Most people, including me, think bump stocks are silly but I made calls and sent emails to support my fellow gun owners that do like them. I seen plenty of gun owners who said bump stocks should be banned and those gun owners are nothing more than traitors to the Constitution, traitors to the 2nd Amendment and traitors to their fellow gun owners.
I could not agree more or said it better. Kudos.

It will get to SCOTUS but how many people have to deal with this?

All of us have to deal with this unfortunately.

I have had problems with school systems with my own boys in the past.
Teachers rewriting the second ammendment and my son calling her a liar in class, face to face with the pussy princaple sorted that out.

Bad when they try to pull the wool over a second grader. YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT, LIED TO A SECOND GRADE CLASS ON PURPOSE ! Sniveling bitch, at least my son had the balls to call her on it ! The constitution was preached in my house. (Maybe one of the few things I did right).

Since I'm on a roll, when did the constitution of the United Sates of America not apply to school children?

They try to exempt them if given a chance in our shity left wing controlled schools.

So now my blood pressure is shot for shooting this evening, guess I will clean guns instead.

Last edited:
Oh, and I forgot.
Good reaction from leo.

Check it out, no threat, tell them to kick rocks.

At last we find a good point in this mess.

Reactions: Geno C.
Meanwhile in North Carolina:

U.S.Mom picks up bullied son from school bus stop armed with assault rifle

A mother greeted her son at the bus stop carrying an assault rifle after he claimed he was bullied. (Photo: Getty Images)
A mother greeted her son at the bus stop carrying an assault rifle after he claimed he was bullied. (Photo: Getty Images)

A mother picked up her bullied child from the bus stop carrying an assault rifle, sending the school community into a panic.
This week, the North Carolina mom, who wouldn’t reveal her name to news station WSOCTV, was videotaped armed at her son’s school bus stop, after receiving a text message from the 11-year-old that he was bullied on the ride.
Intending to question the bus driver, the mother decided to walk over to the stop. However, on her way, she spied wild animals emerging from the woods. “If they were here, they would have seen coyotes on my property and I was scared...and when I was coming back up to my house, is when the bus pulled up,” she told WSOCTV.
Still holding the weapon, the mother approached the school bus and began talking to the driver about the bullying incident.
But a kid on the bus filmed the mother holding the gun and posted it on social media, later upsetting families.

When the incident was reported to the Stanly County Sheriff's Office, it was determined that the mom merely showed poor judgement. A spokesperson for the police department was not available when called for comment by Yahoo Lifestyle.
"Obviously we're gonna suggest no one take a gun to a bus stop to pick up a child, but as far as criminal we can't find a crime here," Chris Huneycutt with the Stanly County Sheriff's Office told WSOCTV.
The mother claims she was caught in a bad place at the wrong time. “I would not hurt nobody else’s child because I wouldn’t want it done to my child,” she told the Charlotte station.
A school spokesperson told the news station that it took “appropriate action” for the boy’s bully.
Superintendent Jeff James of the Stanly County Schools district tells Yahoo Lifestyle the mother allegedly “forgot” that she was carrying a gun, however, it was “not fair” to upset the students.

Just wait till everything is ran through some AI (not accuracy international) god and they come to pick up your kid for what they say he's likely to do. It's coming.

Welcome to the pussification of our country. No wonder the rest of the world thinks they can shit all over us and get away with it. They're not wrong.

This is the result of twats raising twats . Parents let the school parent the child .
Parents don't spend time with their children raising them . If they were doing thisView attachment 7139820

And thisView attachment 7139827
with their children we would not have this stupid shit . Don't get me wrong , kids will find their own stupid shit to gie you a fuck8n ulcer but that's your kids job . Not some ill raised yuppy larvae .

Edit : That's my son learning today how to change fuel injectors . He's twelve .
Get that boy a lefty AR!

I don’t just take my kids shooting, I take my non shooting neighbors’ kids shooting too. My Snapchat group knows we shoot, knows are a pro 2A and knows I will teach anyone that wants to learn how to shoot and have a good time doing it. My sons girlfriend is the school board president’s daughter. We’ve invited her out to shoot with us on a few occasions; it’s yet to work out, but her parents know.

If this shit happened around here, I would raise hell that the whole district would have to deal with.

This is a perfect example of how Red flag type laws are a very flawed way of thinking and should never be allowed

My wife used to board her horse at a stable where some of the most staunchly liberal women rode. They would bring their kids, mostly 7-9 year olds, and make all of them sit in a row next to the barn for hours while their mothers rode. Most days those kids sat there with their noses in their phones and never once looked up.

One of the kids, Cayan, was the son of my wife’s friend so we had known each other for a few years. He was into guns and talked about going shooting with his father. He also said he had a bunch of airsoft guns.

One weekend most of the women had planned to do a big ride that involved a lot of those liberal riders. I told Cayan to bring all of his airsoft guns he had because I had something fun planned.

As usual all the women brought their kids and sat them down next to the barn, cell phones in hand. After the mothers left I told Cayan to go get his airsoft guns. And with each trip Cayan made the other kids quit looking at their phones and started to gather around the pile of guns and gear. I lined them up, gave them a safety brief about guns then, one by one, handed them a weapon and gear. Because I made sure none of them were loaded they had to yell “bang-bang” instead of shooting.

And while those liberal mothers rode I assembled my squad of 7-9 year olds. They were the most rag tag looking group I had ever seen. Helmets cocked to one side or put on backwards. Some had no clue how to hold or aim a rifle so I worked with them to show them the basics. Then, for the next two hours, I taught them building clearing, moving as a squad, bounding overwatch, hostage rescue and as their liberal mothers approached they put what they had learned about hasty ambushes into play.

As the mothers approached they smiled at the sight of their kid’s heads poking out from behind an old wagon and a few logs. Those smiles turned to disgust as that group of kids jumped up armed with their ARs, AKs and a myriad of other weapons and gave their best war cry as they began the ambush. And for the next two minutes all you heard was those kids yelling “bang-bang” and they bounded towards their mothers.

Those kids had so much fun that day but it was obvious the mothers were not too happy. Most of those kids got drug away by their arms with their mothers looking back over their shoulders at me as if I had just corrupted their young, innocent kids.

It was the best day I had in a very, very long time. Well worth the dirty looks I would get for months to come. Hopefully a few of those kids now have the passion for firearms that will make them allies in our fight.

Never understand the fascination of posting your life on line.

This is obviously bullshit.

Absolutely

Nothing but a bunch of "look at me" types posting all aspects of their life to anyone that listens. Sometimes those who do listen share different viewpoints and you now have provided them the ammunition that they need to prove you are a menace and a gun nut. As such, you deserve no quarter or any part of amenities offered to proper thinking citizens.

Merica...

Social media is a stupid waste of time. I’m 43 and was in college when it was going mainstream, glad I never got involved. I’ve lost touch with “friends” over the years who were insulted when I didn’t respond to their social media invites, I guess they weren’t really friends so fuck them.

Absolutely

Nothing but a bunch of "look at me" types posting all aspects of their life to anyone that listens. Sometimes those who do listen share different viewpoints and you now have provided them the ammunition that they need to prove you are a menace and a gun nut. As such, you deserve no quarter or any part of amenities offered to proper thinking citizens.

Merica...
Younger generations post any and all.
We shouldn't be afraid of proclaiming our beliefs and activities including the shooting sports.
Much of the scheduling of matches I view/follow is on social media.

R

Loveland=Denver which has become a liberal shithole.

If this had happened in Foul Mike's rural AO it would have been a non issue.

Id sue for all I was worth...the child has been permanently emotionally scarred;)
I grew up in Windsor, which is right in the middle between Ft. Collins, Loveland, and Greeley. It's a shame that the northern front range has become what it is. The schools weren't like that when I lived and went to school there. I guess a lot of things change in 20 years.

Sad thing is its spreading to southeastern Wyoming. I'd say a significant amount of teachers commute here from Colorado and bring their nanny state agenda with them. It's disturbing how many soy boy and beta males there are in the coming generations as well as militant feminists.

Liberal socialists indoctrinating children in the schools is straight out of Saul Alinsky's playbook.

Reactions: Bender
Younger generations post any and all.
We shouldn't be afraid of proclaiming our beliefs and activities including the shooting sports.
Much of the scheduling of matches I view/follow is on social media.

R
You are not wrong. I would say "know your audience". I post here. I don't post to flamingliberal.com . Just saying.