• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stupid AI AE question...

Crashnrondo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2003
Neenah, Wisconsin
I've been looking real hard at adding one of these in 260 to the gun safe...

Anyway looking at the pictures on line it appears the action is almost like a shiny blued finish and the barrel is a flat/matte black. Is that how it is or does the finish on the barrel and action match?

I know this is a work gun and not for looks but.....

Thanks,
Ron

Re: Stupid AI AE question...

The barrel is painted black. The action looks blued, I'm not sure what the finish actually is, but it's not painted like the barrel.

it isn't matt like the barrel but it works

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crashnrondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyway looking at the pictures on line it appears the action is almost like a shiny blued finish and the barrel is a flat/matte black. Is that how it is or does the finish on the barrel and action match?</div></div>

If a hot chick asked you to dance, would you turn her down if her purse didn't match her shoes?

I've not seen an AE up close and personal. I have an AW, and the barrel and action finish don't match. It doesn't bother me in the least though, never really thought about it...

I have an AE, when I read this post, I had to go and look at it to see if this was true. Maybe its just a matter of me not caring about it and not noticing, but, once you shoot this bad boy you wont care about it either...

It really hasnt bothered me on any of my 3 AIs.. In person it is much less noticeable then in a picture and even then it does not bother me. I was too happy with the way they shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...there are no stupid questions... </div></div>

If you believe that, then you have never spent any kind of time in a customer service capacity OR dealing with the general public.