• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stupid question about atlas

Re: Stupid question about atlas

If you have the clamp on BT10, you cant put on a lever (unless you send it back to B&T to have the head switched out. You would need a No Clamp version if you want to add your own lever.

Accu Shot is using ADM for their QD mounts right now. I bought an ADM when they were still using (I think it was) LaRue. Been on and off several different rifles and still locks up tight.

Thanks for the input guys, I will probably send it back. I was in a hurry and bought the non clamp, should have spent the extra 40 bucks and got the qd. Buy cheap buy twice..... should have followed my own advice and bought what I needed the first time.

OK so the Atlas you have dosnt have ANY clamp at all correct?

OR are you saying yours has the non quick detach cross slot screw clamp?

It has a clamp however it is the two screw down variety

Ok gotcha.

Yes send it back for retrofit or you can attach a qd pic rail but imo that may make it a bit unstable.

Question if I may, is the non qd function really bothering you that much? I suppose if using on multiple rifles I could see a need. I have owned both but keep going back to the screw clamp and it just stays on my rifles.

One mod I always do is to replace the cross slot screws with hex head screws. The same sized wrench also happens to fit my stocks cheek rest bolts so it sort of works out for me.

Yeah the only reason I was considering the qd is to switch between rifles, be it my duty rifle, personal rifle, or spotter rifle. Some of the LE comps that I shoot have stages that say no bipods. Just for ease... maybe I need to quit being such a cheap ass and buy some more....lol