• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Suarez Tactical ????

Jackal23

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2011
I was just wondering if Ozzie is still in business. His website is down and phone seems to be disconnected. I hope he as I live 20 min from him and having him work on my rifle would be the most convenient. Plus I hear he does awesome work.

Re: Suarez Tactical ????

Im pretty sure he is the one with the tacked thread at the top of the page about truing a remington 700 (user name STR). In the video it says he doesn't do it as a business. I could be wrong, but the guy in the video is definitely professional caliber.

Believe he closed his doors on a business level but does some work from time to time where he lives. That is my understanding.

It is my understanding that str was moon lighting as a gun builder and had a real day job. Between the day job, the gun plumbing and family something had to give as there is only so much time in the day, so he shut his doors to the shop. Too bad as I enjoyed his videos but don't blame him as 60 hr weeks suck.

he goes by STR on here so you can ask him yourself but I am pretty sure I read that he closed up shop.

Yea, he closed his shop but still builds guns for friends and whatknot.

Ozzie is a great guy and gunsmith. If you get him to build you a gun you will be satisfied. I hope I can still talk him into building me an M40A3 clone.

Thanks guys for all the kind words. It is correct, I have closed the shop as mentioned above. It is also correct that I have a 7 to 3 career as a lineman for the power company, and worked from 3:30 to about 10 at the shop. Plus 7am to 7pm on Saturdays, and sometimes on Sunday too. With a wife and 5 kids, it wasn't hard to see that something had to give.

I still make the videos, and build some rifles for locals from time to time, not to metion for myself of course. So if you're in my area, and think I can help you some how, please feel free to stop by an shoot the shit. Now I have the time to do so, plus shoot some of my rifles instead of just look at them, LOL!!!

I normally shoot at Trail Glades on Saturdays if I'm not playing in the shop. Hope this helps.

Happy Holidays
Ozzie Suarez

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a wife and 5 kids</div></div>

Go getem tiger
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys for all the kind words. It is correct, I have closed the shop as mentioned above. It is also correct that I have a 7 to 3 career as a lineman for the power company, and worked from 3:30 to about 10 at the shop. Plus 7am to 7pm on Saturdays, and sometimes on Sunday too. With a wife and 5 kids, it wasn't hard to see that something had to give.

I still make the videos, and build some rifles for locals from time to time, not to metion for myself of course. So if you're in my area, and think I can help you some how, please feel free to stop by an shoot the shit. Now I have the time to do so, plus shoot some of my rifles instead of just look at them, LOL!!!

I normally shoot at Trail Glades on Saturdays if I'm not playing in the shop. Hope this helps.

Happy Holidays
Ozzie Suarez</div></div>

I've never met you, but I hope you do keep the videos coming and they are appreciated!

LOL!!!! Thanks William, all I need now is life to enjoy them all. Merry Christmas

Ozzie