• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sub $350 scope for a practice/ coyote gun

Wiscat

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
I am a Tikka fan. I have a 300, 270, and 260. I have it in my head that I want to buy a 223 lite and have the barrel cut and threaded to 16 for use with my can. This will be primarily a practice rifle/truck gun. I am looking for suggestions for an inexpensive scope with exposed turrets. I have a couple gen 2 Razors, a couple LHTs and a gen 3. I'm not looking for anything nearly that nice.

First though is a Diamondback tactical 4-16. Leaning Vortex because its local.

I am a Tikka fan. I have a 300, 270, and 260. I have it in my head that I want to buy a 223 lite and have the barrel cut and threaded to 16 for use with my can. This will be primarily a practice rifle/truck gun. I am looking for suggestions for an inexpensive scope with exposed turrets. I have a couple gen 2 Razors, a couple LHTs and a gen 3. I'm not looking for anything nearly that nice.

First though is a Diamondback tactical 4-16. Leaning Vortex because its local.

I believe in supporting local companies. I would drop in with a list of a few competitors priced scopes and ask if they can help. They might have a demo at a great price for you.

You could also hop on ebay and get a used vortex
Only $100 over your budget for a great illuminated reticle SFP coyote optic. Illuminated reticle is a necessity for coyote hunting in my opinion, but I mostly hunt dusk/dark. Otherwise if you feel like you need FFP, You can usually pick up a used PST Gen I 2.5-10x32 FFP in the PX here for around $350 (or sometimes better). That’s what I did for my .223 coyote rifle and it works very well for the role.

Go with the dimondback. That said, read my tag. Little biased.

Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42. I am not sure I have seen a sub 300 scope with exposed turrets that I trust. You can take the turret caps off any scope.

SWFA fixed 6 or 10. Great, robust scopes.
An older Weaver Tactical 3-10, which were sold by Midway. 1" tube, Mildot, lightweight and very dependable/repeatable. If you can find one, they are a great option.

Reactions: gatorbait308
I'm running a Redfield 3x9x40 Rev Tac on my ar Fudd gun.
It's been very reliable/repeatable and no poi shift with power changes.
Only con, for some, is its moa/moa.

Attachments

• 20201128_160139.jpg
    20201128_160139.jpg
    829.3 KB · Views: 27
Midway has some Sightron’s on sale in your price range.

This looks awesome. The previous offerings were second focal plane and got good reviews. They were made at a Sightron owned facility in the Philippines. The ten yard parallax would be great for NRL .22. If you go this way please post a review in this thread.

This looks awesome. The previous offerings were second focal plane and got good reviews. They were made at a Sightron owned facility in the Philippines. The ten yard parallax would be great for NRL .22. If you go this way please post a review in this thread.
Never mind. New release I will be picking one up.
I have a 2.5-17.5 that I really like, I also have a 4.5-24 that I love

Only $100 over your budget for a great illuminated reticle SFP coyote optic. Illuminated reticle is a necessity for coyote hunting in my opinion, but I mostly hunt dusk/dark. Otherwise if you feel like you need FFP, You can usually pick up a used PST Gen I 2.5-10x32 FFP in the PX here for around $350 (or sometimes better). That’s what I did for my .223 coyote rifle and it works very well for the role.
Thought it was OpticsPlanet that had these on sale and figured the sale must have ended. Turns out it was EuroOptic. $350 for the MOA version SFP is a deal for your budget.

I would have said the Athlon Helos BTR 6-24x that Midway was blowing out for $299...that was a good deal, but its now gone.

I've got a Diamondback Tactical 4-16x, its a fine scope for the money.