• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Subsonic 308 Projectile Recommendations

FWIW I have the Rem. LTR w/12 twist and the factory Lapua 200 grs tumble and had a baffle strike , maybe fluke deal? But like the others above I now hand load with TrailBoss and almost any RN under 170 gr should be a good starting point

208 a-max with 5774 works +6db louder than 1680. although I do not have a load for such a long barrel, I do have loads for 16" 1:7 ABC micro 7..220smk as well as 240smk are my best suppressed loads. Shooting 57db-61db, 1040-1050fps 1 1/2"group@100yrds.. but the rounds are also my most expensive. Costing approximately .92 cents just to make. .208 a- max with 5774 is a VERY good round for hunting. ..I do bump up the load to 1090fps,which in Arkansas is just below supersonic. The 5774 powder is a little louder ,67db-71db, than the 1680, but still very effective.. all of my db ratings are at 2" in front and 6"below front of barrel. 50yrds....virtually no sound,i am kind of long winded but, hope this helps

Use 180 Round Nose bullets. My load at sea level is 180 RN (sierra pro hunter, Hornady RN) over 10.5 Trailboss running at +/-1050

almost the exact load I came up with (Sierra 180 gn RN over about 10.8 gns of TB or even less bullseye with standard rifle primers) and it shoots well out of both a 26" barrel suppressed PSS and an LTR (whatever the length is, I forget), DOPE's not on the tip of my mind but it's fairly accurate (about a minute) and goes right through deer.

Reminds me, I need to make up a few more.