• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Suggest a base for my Savage 110HS 300 win mag.

seedman

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2013
I want a one piece 20 moa steel base to mount my Vortex 4-16 PST on my Savage 110 HS Precision in 300 win mag. I like Ken Farrell bases but i usually buy the low profile version and it does not seem like they offer that in a long action round top Savage. His bases a a little too tall for a good cheek weld. Any suggestions for a one piece steel 20 moa base?

I have a set of Farrell 30mm ultralight low rings I will make you a deal on if they will work for you. They were too low for my scope on my MTU barrel and I had to go with taller rings.

The Farrell standard bases are tall, but if you use them with their rings they work out fine. Their low rings are lower than NF or others. Same with medium and high. The combination of taller base with the lower rings nets out the same. The thicker base is more rigid than a thinner base.

For instance, the Farrell low rings I have have a center of scope to top of base dimension of .735". Nightforce low rings are .885". The .150" lower rings allow you to use a thicker base.

+1 for Murphy Precision. He's done some great custom work for me on a few builds. I've never tried his steel bases, I've always opted for titanium. I just had him make a titanium 20 MOA mount for a new Lady Hunter for my wife. He does great work... and fast.