• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggestions for next gun purchase?

coolness

really??

it’s a weapon
Yes, its a weapon but an object can have more than one point of perception. some might call it 'artistic merit'. For instance the AK 47 is a formidable weapon but to my eye it is practical but not beautiful. A well done AR or M16 on the other hand has more graceful lines.

This is a weapon and will kill you
1578447850393.png

But this is a weapon that will kill you and a work of art with graceful lines as well...

1578448001753.png

Function:

1578448153946.png
Function with grace and beauty:
1578448318126.png

But them beauty is in the eye of the beholder, eh? Come on Nicky, lets see a little smile on those stoic Greek features.
Damn, I think the wine and pain meds are kicking in. (y) The old hip isnt throbbing quite so much. Maybe Ill get some sleep tonight.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Yes, its a weapon but an object can have more than one point of perception. some might call it 'artistic merit'. For instance the AK 47 is a formidable weapon but to my eye it is practical but not beautiful. A well done AR or M16 on the other hand has more graceful lines.

This is a weapon and will kill you
View attachment 7219863

But this is a weapon that will kill you and a work of art with graceful lines as well...

View attachment 7219866

Function:

View attachment 7219869Function with grace and beauty:View attachment 7219873

But them beauty is in the eye of the beholder, eh? Come on Nicky, lets see a little smile on those stoic Greek features.
Damn, I think the wine and pain meds are kicking in. (y) The old hip isnt throbbing quite so much. Maybe Ill get some sleep tonight.

OK

There are classic lines and beauty. I give you that. I tend to be more pragmatic with respect to firearms. However, I can’t deny the intrinsic beauty of my AI or my Annie

Reactions: Maggot
OK

There are classic lines and beauty. I give you that. I tend to be more pragmatic with respect to firearms. However, I can’t deny the intrinsic beauty of my AI or my Annie

Agreed, and Aristotle spoke of a thing fulfilling its Telos, its intended function, which is a form of beauty, philosophically speaking.

A hammer is a pragmatic weapon, never misfires or runs out of ammo like army jerry. ?

I think I need to shut up ans slumber, shortly. Have a good one.

Agreed, and Aristotle spoke of a thing fulfilling its Telos, its intended function, which is a form of beauty, philosophically speaking.

A hammer is a pragmatic weapon, never misfires or runs out of ammo like army jerry. ?

I think I need to shut up ans slumber, shortly. Have a good one.

The sleep of the righteous!

Is this a kriss vector in .45 that you speak of?
I don't think it was quite a 1000 meter shot. I'll have to recalculate the actual centimeters.View attachment 7219708
The nice thing about a Kriss is that you can sneak it into the petting zoo and, blam, before anyone knows it... you have your buck tag filled out!

Cheers, Sirhr

I wish I had bought a Python back in the day when I said to myself "$400 for a revolver... that'll be the day."

So much for being smart.

I will look really closely at the new ones. But somehow I think they won't measure up. One can hope, though!

Cheers,

Sirhr
I‘m sure they will be good but they are not being offered in the Colt royal blue. That blue was the best in the business

The hilarious thing is that I bought a 2.5 inch version and people thought I was a moron. Turns out that they are the most collectible of the bunch.

They are truly an icon

I’m thinking about getting a snubnose .32 revolver. My snubby .38 has felt a bit too snappy the last few years and it just seems to be getting worse as I get older. Sure, the first shot is accurate, but not so much the second or third. I like the reliability of a revolver over an automatic, so I think a snubby .32 might be a revolver I can age into.

HK MP5, or a Zenith if you want to save a bit of coin to take all the fangirls out for dinner/drinks.

I just bought a 450 bushmaster upper that I received today. I have no real use for this as I have all my hunting calibers I need, but then I said F it... I need a big boy AR caliber!

The nice thing about a Kriss is that you can sneak it into the petting zoo and, blam, before anyone knows it... you have your buck tag filled out!

Cheers, Sirhr
I'm pretty sure it was the other way around, that small licking county buck snuck up on him.
And hey that was his first deer why he chose the kriss? Wouldn't have been my first choice but it apparently worked.

• Haha
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Tippmann M4 22, extra mags, 5000 rds of 22lr, and a set of steel targets. Get to training, engaging multiple targets, mag changes, clearing stoppages, all from positions of cover while in load bearing gear.

Then you have 1500 left over to buy something else shiny.

I’m thinking about getting a snubnose .32 revolver. My snubby .38 has felt a bit too snappy the last few years and it just seems to be getting worse as I get older. Sure, the first shot is accurate, but not so much the second or third. I like the reliability of a revolver over an automatic, so I think a snubby .32 might be a revolver I can age into.

My mom has my granddad's .32 revolver. Nickle with wood grips. Pretty piece, but very limited firepower. That said, it's still better than a pocket knife.

Hello all,

So here is the deal, tax season is just around the corner and I typically start the year new year out with a new purchase around this time, here is the rub, this year I don't know what to get. Okay that is not entirely true, I have an idea but I want to get some different opinions. Budget is not unlimited, probably a max of $2500 give or take a little. I will list a few of the guns I already have below, just to keep in mind I'm looking for ideas not on this list.

1911's
Glock 23 & 40
H&K USP & 45c
S&W M&P9 & 460XVR
Ruger LCR & 10/22's & 22/45
Remington 700's & 870
Mossberg 590
AR15's in a lot of different calibers
AR10
Walther P99
FNH FNX45
and a few other weird ones not worth listing.

So what are your thoughts? What would you buy as a way to start the new year on the right foot?

new ruger 57

I would get yourself a old Mossberg 46mb .22 bolt action rifle from the 40’s. I can shoot a penny open sights at 80 yards with mine and it’s a tax driver on paper. Has adjustable trigger, both peep sight and target sights. These are training rifles and have 4 different front posts that flip up. Very affordable and can find for under $200.