• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Summer Squirrel Rifles

RTH1800

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 16, 2009
    Midwest
    Going to try this Winchester 63 Deluxe on early season squirrels. It’s been many years since I carried anything except a Mod 52 for squirrels. This one shoots very well and is ready to go. Scope is a 6X Schmidt & Bender on a factory grooved receiver and Tally split rings.
    E0BEC3CD-285A-46F2-9D32-4E5D58748B4C.jpeg

The scope is a standard S&B 6X. If all goes well I will call S&B to see if parallax can be adjusted.
    Not optimistic but worth a try.

Reactions: ZG47A
    That is nice! Not many manufacturers produce 22lr rifles these days with steel and walnut. That would be a joy to hunt with.

Reactions: RTH1800
    Oh wow!…reminds me of my youth. Had one with irons, but the wood was much plainer than yours. What a nice rifle.

Reactions: RTH1800
    You know... if you wear a ghillie suit, sqiddles walk right up to ya? If you sit quietly & dont move, pretty much everything in the woods will walk right by. My buddy was wearing mine, & a skwerl sat on his foot. A coyote walked right up on him & about came out of his skin when my buddy barked at it.

Pressure cooker for softening them up. Got any good tree rat recipes?

Stunning Deluxe model 63! I just won one at auction and look forward to recieving it. Mine is a late 1940s manufacture and I'd consider it a semi-deluxe becuase of the checkering style and lack of sling swivel mounts. Do you know if your supergrade swivels are a smaller scale than super grade swivels on a centerfire rifle such as a Deluxe model 71, 64, 65, 70, etc?

Last edited:
    Reactions: ZG47A