• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sunglasses what do you

Re: sunglasses what do you

Oakley Ten's with polarized lenses from USSI. I love that damn website!

Oakly Gascans, desert tan frame and tan lenses.

Got em from STA Tactical on the Hide.

I love my Costa del Mars. I wear the Fathoms with 580 glass

I have some Maui Jim Nalu prescription that I use for shooting too

Randolph Engineering Aviators for casual wear.

I loved my Oakley Half Jacket XLJ's and Maui Jims...notice I said loved...I'm hell on sunglasses so now I just buy cheapies from Target or Walmart. Now I don't feel bad when I scratch or break an arm off them. I also had a pair of ESS sunglasses that were awesome too but when the lenses got scatched they told me I was basically SOL because the lenses couldn't be replaced. So that was $90 down the drain.....

Spy Dirty Moes, been wearing various Spy glasses and goggles for years, they've been durable and scratch resistent and only ever had one frame break that wasn't abused (don't recall any breaking from abuse), well outta warranty, they took my word and replaced them. Dunno if they'd still do that, it was many years ago. Last I looked their line was getting too trendy for me anyway, but when I'm in the market I check them first.

Zeal from Boulder, CO. NXT lenses (bullet proof literally), polorized and photochromatic. One pair for driving, another for shooting [ http://www.zealoptics.com/helix.html ].

A nice thing about Zeal (besides their being an American company), is they sell parts for the glasses, and very inexpensivelly. The cost of replacement lenses, or side pieces etc is very reasonable. Not compared to a lot of other manufacturers, where its cheaper to just buy a new pair.

Also the lenses are very scratch resistant, not like a lot of polycarbonate lenses out there which scratch if you look at them wrong. I use soap and water to clean them, then a towel to dry, and never get scratches. The only scratch I got was getting my face too close to the rear sight of a FAL.

Also, when I got mine they were running a deal, second pair was free.

Costa Del Mars are top notch in my book. I wore Oakleys for years, I doubt if I ever by another pair of them.

Orange County Chopper's "Outlaw" frames with shade 4 welding lenses....bi-focal correction.

Work bought 'em.

Laffin'.......

WOW? I'm the only guy here that wears ESS? With all the military and LE here, none wear ESS?

I must have missed the memo

@ Ivan R. I loved my ESS glasses. Some worthlees F#%k Wad stole them. They were pricey so I havent replaced them yet. For now its Oakleys.

Maui's for driving long distance.. Oakleys for everything else

If you want great glasses, go to e-Rudy.com

I'm a huge fan of the RYDONs Let me know, I'm putting an order together now

For work I wear either Oakley M frames, Half jackets, or ESS..

but when I'm off I stick with my Ray Ban hater blockers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txgw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love my Costa del Mars. I wear the Fathoms with 580 glass
</div></div>

I have to second what a few in this thread have already mentioned. Costa del Mar with 580G lenses. As an avid flyfisherman, I've tried and tested them all, and still own many different brands... Oakley, Kaenon, Maui Jim, etc... and the Costas are head and shoulders above IMHO.

Fathoms:

Web_IMG_0426.jpg

Web_RRD_6752.jpg

Web_IMG_0570.jpg

For me NATIVE is my preference. Good shades with a better warranty that Oakley, I am tough on eye wear
cool.gif

Oakley Half Jacket and Flak Jacket with XLJ lenses and just got a pair of Jawbones.

I have a decent pair of Nike polarized glasses I got from Costco in addition to polarized Ray Bans I got on sale. Works great.
At the range I usually have ESS ICE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Web_IMG_0426.jpg

Web_RRD_6752.jpg

Web_IMG_0570.jpg
</div></div>

A little off topic but those fish are all awesome! I'm the worlds worst fisherman but I still keep going hoping to catch one like that one day. Maybe if I change my sunglasses...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
A little off topic but those fish are all awesome! I'm the worlds worst fisherman but I still keep going hoping to catch one like that one day. Maybe if I change my sunglasses... </div></div>

If you ever get to go sight casting, do not underestimate high end polarized shades. They may not make you a better fisherman, but you can damn sure see fish better!

Great fish! I forgot to mention that every pr of Rudy Project glasses are hand made and have the highest quality of lenses. You can get them in Rx as well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great fish! I forgot to mention that every pr of Rudy Project glasses are hand made and have the highest quality of lenses. You can get them in Rx as well </div></div>

They do look very nice, and I'm sure the quality may be better than my ESS, but for much much less I got the EES 3 pack which bring clear, yellow and ND lenses for you to interchange as needed, then I got an extra frame for pretty cheap so I have two full glasses and an extra lense as backup, all for pretty cheap price. For those of us on tight budgets I think it's hard to beat.

You can do the same with Rudy Project glasses. I have the shooters pack to include the lenses that transition with light for entering into dark places.

M-frames new style, half jacket XLA but all in all I just love the new M-frames.

Mirrored Aviator Ray-Bans with corrective lenses

Costa. They are the best sunglasses you can buy IMO and customer service is alright as well. I have the Brine with 400 Green Mirror Glass. I wear them everyday and usually 6-8 hours a day on average. Will never own another brand again. Remember to buy a strap of some kind to hold them around your neck, its hell to lose them.

lobster.jpg

redfish.jpg

Oakley Half Jackets, polarized, when wearing contacts
Oakley Rx, Flak Jackets, with their transition, High Def lens, when not wearing contacts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surffshr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
A little off topic but those fish are all awesome! I'm the worlds worst fisherman but I still keep going hoping to catch one like that one day. Maybe if I change my sunglasses... </div></div>

If you ever get to go sight casting, do not underestimate high end polarized shades. They may not make you a better fisherman, but you can damn sure see fish better! </div></div>

Big +1

Sight casting to sport fish is by far my favorite type of fly fishing. A lot of people think just because lenses are claimed to be "polarized" they all work the same. A few companies make great polarized glass lenses, Costas are my favorite. I can always see under the surface better with them than any others I've tried.

I have a pair of non-brand 1.00$ shades that look like something Ray Charles would wear. I bought them in 2001 while in Florida. If I pay anymore than a few bucks for a set of sunglasses, I loose them. lol. One dollar and eleven years later, their still going strong.
cool.gif

M Frame 2.0 for work when I'm off it's Oakley X Squated Titanium frame with blue iridium lenses

Gatorz... Looks like in the only one here rockin them and I'm perfectly ok with that. You navy guys out there may know who else where's them. I also rock ESS's or Oakley half jackets or ballistic frames. But most of the time I stick with the Gatorz.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nebraska123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Costa. They are the best sunglasses you can buy IMO and customer service is alright as well. I have the Brine with 400 Green Mirror Glass. I wear them everyday and usually 6-8 hours a day on average. Will never own another brand again. Remember to buy a strap of some kind to hold them around your neck, its hell to lose them.

lobster.jpg

redfish.jpg
</div></div>

X2! I wear the same glasses. I've tried oakley, revo, ray ban, etc. They all look gray and dim. The revos where the best until I found Costas. I doubt I'll ever buy anything else.