• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sunglasses what do you

Re: sunglasses what do you

If you have a Costco nearby, definitely worth checking out Kirkland. Inexpensive and I've never tried a pair of Oakleys that measured up to them.

For us non civilians (mil/leo) looking for Oakleys check out usstandardissue.com
Gascans for 55$!

This is we're I get my Oakley stuff.

The image in Costa's is miles abouve anything else i've tried. They cut glare while increasing clarity and contrast. My 580s with the copper/green tinted lenses can be worn until sundown and in the rain while still enough for the brightest beach/fishing sun.

US Standard Issue extends the LEO/MIL to Fire/EMS....just email a copy of your Department ID.

Oakley for me...I have RX in Juliets, X Squared, and Whiskers. The Juliets have had 3 sets of lenses in them and replaced the nose piece and stem "rubber" last year...got them 6 years ago and they cost a fortune but I love them.

For daily use an old set of Ray Ban Predators. For shooting I've had the Wiley X PT-1's for several years now.
The Wiley X seems to work good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper307</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oakley Half Jacket and Flak Jacket with XLJ lenses </div></div>

This

Me getting ready to "prone out" in the World Snipery Championship:

shaun-white-1.jpg

4fcfd0acc3785.jpg

Even better in white:

4fcfd224a24b7.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blasst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone used Costa Del Mars customer service? It gets badmouthed so much on amazon I am curious. </div></div>

I had a pair of costas break in half over the nose, they no longer offered that frame so they told me to pick what ever frame I wanted and they would be on the way! Thats exactly what happened +1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Btillr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blasst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone used Costa Del Mars customer service? It gets badmouthed so much on amazon I am curious. </div></div>

I had a pair of costas break in half over the nose, they no longer offered that frame so they told me to pick what ever frame I wanted and they would be on the way! Thats exactly what happened +1</div></div>

my brother had a frame with the rubber pieces on nose and over the ear that started to peel off....sent the back and they were replaced and the lenses buffed like new for no charge and quick turn around.

ESS rocks. ESS and Oakly are one in the same ESS caters to military-LE markets.

If anyone needs a 40% off discount code PM me.

Also all online orders get free shipping!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blasst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone used Costa Del Mars customer service? It gets badmouthed so much on amazon I am curious. </div></div>

I am on my 3rd pair of Costas due to warranty issues. Both issues were the lenses delaminating. The first time the guys I bought them from just traded me out in the store no questions asked and THEY sent them in for a replacement (my jaw dropped when they tossed me a new pair and said, "see ya!"). The second time I had to send it in as the original guys were told by Costa not to do that anymore.

It took about 2 agonizingly bright weeks from the time I dropped them off to the time I got them back, but Costa didn't charge a dime other than a minor repair to the nicked frame.

That was over two years ago and I haven't had any issues since. I love my Costas and if I ever get another pair of glasses, it will be Costas.

I broke the frames on my 2 year old Costa's and sent them back for repair on the 6th. They updated the repair status on their website and sent me an email with the bill on the 10th. I paid $40 for the new pair of frames shipped which is completly worth it to me. They returned today, so exactly a week turnaround.

I've always heard if the polarization starts coming off Costa's lenses, no matter how old they are, they will replace the lenses at no charge or give you a new pair. Even after 2 years, my lenses are still in good shape.

Go to e-Rudy.com and check out the Rudy Project glasses. They are always running some sort of discount deals. These are hand made in Italy and are of the highest quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmchairElite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flak Jackets w/polarized XLJ fire lenses. Last 3 pair were Half Jackets. </div></div>Yesterday I retired my 3 year old flak jackets and got a pair of polarized Oakley Batwolfs. I wanted to try something different and the guy at work that people get me mixed up with had already had straight jackets so those were out. I'm thrilled with the Batwolfs. My stomach was in knots yesterday after spending that much money on glasses, but it was definitely a good move. They are the best glasses I've ever had.

For shooting with headphones or flying with my David Clarks I'll wear AO Eyewear Original Pilots.

If you haven't worn a pair of Costas then you are missing out. I wore nothing but Oakleys when I played baseball and golf simply because that's what everyone wore. Broke about four pair before I tried something else, bought a pair of Costa TripleTails with 580 glass seven years ago. Still the only pair of glasses I own as I haven't broken them yet and the lenses are much better than anything else I've tried.

I'm telling you, check out the Rudy Project glasses at e-Rudy.com you will thank me

Costa's have some of the most fragile glass I've ever witnessed. I've seen them shatter from being dropped 6" onto a countertop, and from being slightly flexed when a friend went to put the glasses on his head. I've looked through them and they are clear, but the reliability is just unacceptable.

I bought a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets because they are polarized, durable, and Z87 rated. They can be stomped on and then snapped back together, no problem. Try that with Costas....

My wife bought me a pair of Costa's with the new 580 plastic lenses recently because the salesman was a fisherman and told her they were the best. I've worn them a few times, and the lenses are about equal with the Oakleys, possibly just a bit better. However, the Oakleys fit better and are more durable, plus the lenses can be replaced easily when they get scratched up. The Costa's are back ups.

Costa Triple Tail glass 580s for off duty, WileyX Romers for uniform wear

Oakleys for everything except flying. There I use non-polarized
Ray Bans due to an issue with panel and GPS glass.

I use Rudy Prodject glasses for everything but fishing. I have a pair of Ocean Waves glasses for on the water. Best polarized lenses I've ever used.

My buddy is a regional salesman for Costa......those guys are passionate about putting out a quality product. I feel like a retard for buying Oakley's all these years! My Oakley's have been reduced to back up duty.

I have owned Revo, Oakley (multiple pairs), and currntly Maui Jims. Of those 1 pair of Oakleys and the the Maui Jims were RX. When my Maui Jims go out of prescription, I am going to get another pair - they have been excellent glasses.

Oakley straight jackets at work, gatorz when I ride, and Ray Ban's when I'm at home

Ray bans for work
Oakley for fun.
I have a set of Oakley Flak Jackets for shooting, quick lens change, light and comfortable.

ESS ICE. They wrap around your head enough to block sun from your peripheral and they're crystal clear. No distortion when looking through a high end optic. Plus they're much cheaper than the Oakley's, have cheap interchangeable lenses and they're lightweight and comfortable enough to be everyday eyewear. They're also RX insert ready.

as many have already recommended, i use and swear by the Oakley Flak Jackets. I used to swap various lenses but have settled on the G30 rose-ish colored lenses for daily wear as well as shooting.

As a side note they are also nearly 100% child proof. My daughter has stomped and broke them into pieces a few times and all i do is snap them back together and go back to shooting.

Used ESS Ice and 5B glasses for a long time on the range, in training, and pretty much anywhere. I really love em. Durable eyepro at a good price.

Costa cabalitos with the blue glass lens

Oakley M Frame 2.0's with vented strike Persimmon lens... The toughest and most comfortable sunnines I've ever owned.

The frame was given to me at Shot 2008 by the oakley rep and the lens was from my original M Frame's in 2006... Still wear them every single day.

Can't go wrong, especially with the usstandardissue.com initiative.

I've had the same pair of Flak Jackets for almost 5 years now, they definitely see the most use. I also have a pair of Rx Maui Jim's that I wear occasionally.

Love my gatorz aluminum frame and lenses that last they've been to Jordan Israel Kabul and keep going