• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Super Sniper observations

Re: Super Sniper observations

I own one. It is a fine scope. The reticle is excellent, optics compare to high-end leupold, total travel is enough, I am sure someone will step in here with a number. Reticle does not look like the representation on the website.

Here's how it looks at 3X:

PICT0089s.JPG

9X:

PICT0088s.JPG

The optics must be alot better then their older SS scopes. I have one from about 4 yrs ago and it is below my 6-24 4200 tact. and way below my mk4 of same time period. Are the knobs better? I did all the tricks with the old ones like replace the o-ring with the proper size and put silicon grease on it and it still had the mushiest knob I have ever felt. Hell I even took the o-ring completely out and it was still crap. The scope held up great and had about 115 MOA total. Of all the target type turret scopes I have I would rate the IOR first, then the 4200 and VX-III target knobs 2nd and MK4 3rd and about 10 place would be SS from 4 yrs ago. I don't have a NF or the uber cool scopes so I can't compare them to my modest collection. How do the SS 3-9 scope clicks feel compared to my current scopes?

DH,

There was a few batches that were assembled with too much of the mil-spec salt water resistant grease (years ago) and it was getting on the actual click mechanism which made the clicks feel really mushy.

If you still have this scope PM me about getting it fixed.

The new 3-9x42 and 10x42 HD do not share any common components with the original line and are made in a different factory. The clicks are much more audible and tactile.