• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Super Sniper vs Falcon Menace

Re: Super Sniper vs Falcon Menace

I am not going to get in discussions with any Sponsors. We need your guys dollars to pay for the site.

I can not believe you hide members are even having this conversation. I know have the 10 HD but that is not what is being discussed here. It is the Falcon against the SS 10X. I had the SS10X before the HD. I never looked through a Falcon But why would I having the SS. You do not need over 10x for a .308 or under a 1000 yards. I have also had shooters tell me at matches when I was shooting the 10X SS that they had them on other rifles because their MKIV's would shoogt as true as their SS's. so Chinesse VS Japan's parts, you mean there is even something to talk about.

You were doing good up to this point:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: para1505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You do not need over 10x for a .308 or under a 1000 yards.</div></div>

That is where you lost credibility.

There is a reason you see many of us running 5-20x scopes at matches where money is on the table.

Now sure you don't even NEED a scope to shoot to 1000 yards with a .308. You can do it with a nice set of peep sights. You just aren't going to do it well when targets are MOA or smaller with no big target carriages for reference.

A 10x fixed like the SS 10x is a great scope for a beginner. I am really looking forward to checking out a SWFA SS16x. That may be my new "budget" recommendation if the glass is clear and the turrets track (no reason to believe otherwise). Besides you guys have been filling my in-box up about reviewing less expensive scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billyburl2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But trashing their product behind their back is ok? </div></div>

Never trashed their products, I own a 10x SS, and it has served me well on 3 different rifle. Now it sits on my M1A EBR.

For the price, SS are decent scopes. Falcon's on the other hand are great scopes for the price!

I plan to replace the SS someday with something more Gucci.

1M14EBRBlackTan-vi.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billyburl2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But trashing their product behind their back is ok? </div></div>

Never trashed their products, I own a 10x SS, and it has served me well on 3 different rifle. Now it sits on my M1A EBR.

For the price, SS are decent scopes. Falcon's on the other hand are great scopes for the price!

I plan to replace the SS someday with something more Gucci.

1M14EBRBlackTan-vi.jpg
</div></div>

Except for the Raiders sticker that's a really nice rifle.
wink.gif

Eric, SWFA is not only a sponsor here. They are basicallly a Sponsor of the shooting world for many many events. They do alot. If your Falcons are "Great Scopes" I got screwed on mine because mine are OK Scopes but not near as nice or durable as the SS Scopes I have

SWFA sorry my bad for calling the scope the bad two words. I am old, broken and forget. LOL SS Scopes they are from now on.

No teasing me like that is just plain wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were doing good up to this point:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: para1505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You do not need over 10x for a .308 or under a 1000 yards.</div></div>

That is where you lost credibility.

There is a reason you see many of us running 5-20x scopes at matches where money is on the table.

Now sure you don't even NEED a scope to shoot to 1000 yards with a .308. You can do it with a nice set of peep sights. You just aren't going to do it well when targets are MOA or smaller with no big target carriages for reference.

A 10x fixed like the SS 10x is a great scope for a beginner. <span style="font-weight: bold">I am really looking forward to checking out a SWFA SS16x</span>. That may be my new "budget" recommendation if the glass is clear and the turrets track (no reason to believe otherwise). Besides you guys have been filling my in-box up about reviewing less expensive scopes. </div></div>

Ill try and do a little review as soon as i get one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eric, SWFA is not only a sponsor here. They are basicallly a Sponsor of the shooting world for many many events. They do alot. If your Falcons are "Great Scopes" I got screwed on mine because mine are OK Scopes but not near as nice or durable as the SS Scopes I have

SWFA sorry my bad for calling the scope the bad two words. I am old, broken and forget. LOL SS Scopes they are from now on.

No teasing me like that is just plain wrong. </div></div>

I don't like to discuss anything if sponsors are involved.

I will say this about SWFA though, I am happy to see they dropped the Super Sniper name. If anything, I would prefer my scopes be named "Stealthy Ninja".... Super Sniper sounds so lame

I currently own 3 falcons and one ss 5-20. I've still got the 16 and 20 fixed ss as well. I bought them all from SWFA in Red Oak face to face. David Hallenbeck and the crew are a standup outfit that will bend over backwards to make you happy. I've never seen a company that will give you more trade value for what you got than they do. I've also had a scope that was out of warranty traded no questions asked. I don't see where anyone should have a complaint bout SWFA.

The SS series of scopes are tougher than shit. You can literally throw them at the ground and I bet you have a better than 80% chance that you didn't lose zero. The drawback to the fixed power scopes is that they are fixed. That only suits certain shooting styles. If you want the best they got, (in my opinion, the 5-20 is a heavy hitter) you can buy it for less than a mark4. The difference in those two is you ain't gotta worry bout fuckin up the ss. They're not on par with a razor, but shit, they're $800 less.

Falcon Menace single tubes have been good to me. I like the new reticles and they track well. Clicks are mushy as fuck, but if I was worried bout that, I'd have spent more than $500. They're heavy as shit, but I believe they and millett lrs-1 are the best value for the money. With any newer company there's gonna be faulty products. Hell, I don't know any company that doesn't have a few complaints. I don't have a single one about falcon except that they're lunky as hell. I've never had a problem with ss and won't cause they know my name when I walk in the door, plus the damn scopes never knock off zero.

It's up to you which you choose. Basically, if you got $500, buy the falcon in some form. If you have a grand, buy the ss 5-20. If you got $2k quitcherbitchin and buy a razor or nightforce. I still think that mrad 20x ss is the shit for a dedicated long range rig. can't beat it with a stick for $300.