• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Superformance 165's (.308)

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
Any one else having issues out of this ammo? My buddy James picked up a 100 rounds to try it through his rifle and it was horrible. Almost a 200fps ES in velocity, grouped erratic at 100y.

It's not the rifle b/c his rifle bugholed with FGMM that day.

Re: Superformance 165's (.308)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Almost a 200fps ES in velocity, grouped erratic at 100y.

</div></div>

What does ES stand for? and how erratic? I bought a box for hunting with the long range stick but haven't shot any yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big_Red</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Almost a 200fps ES in velocity, grouped erratic at 100y.

</div></div>

What does ES stand for? and how erratic? I bought a box for hunting with the long range stick but haven't shot any yet. </div></div>

Extreme Spread (ES) = Fastest shot through the chrono - slowest shot

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

Extreme Spread (ES) = Fastest shot through the chrono - slowest shot

Josh [/quote]

Ah, thanks Josh.

One thing that caught my eye... the .308 FPS listed on the Superformance exceeds their standard SST cartridge offering in .30-06. It'd be intersting to see some actual chrono results.