• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Superior safes, anyone own one?

I don't own one, but I know a fair amount about them.

Solid company that'll stand behind their product. American made (near Provo, Utah), 90 minute fire rating, dual fire seals, 11 gauge body, blah, blah, blah... you can find the rest of the specs as easily as I can give them to you. I sell safes part time, and the Champion/Superior products are our volume sellers... so I have seen plenty of them. As with any product, there can be flaws in them, but the company is very good about getting them corrected in a timely manner.

Personally, I prefer the American Security BF series but understand that we're talking about a definite price delta between the two. It's not that the Master series is a bad safe by any stretch of the imagination (certainly in a different league altogether compared to something that you'd find at Academy or even Cabella's), but the AmSec BF is just a step up (in price and features). The long and short of it is that IMO the Master series is a great value... to me, the definition of "value" isn't just what you pay, it's what you get for what you pay. At the price point of the Master, I really don't think you'll find a nicer safe out there.

Thanks for the info. Funny you mention the amsec. My choices were between the Superior masters 50 safe and the amsec bf 7 series. If prices were the same would you choose the amsec?

Had the Trophy Series - was a good safe and was confident with the company support and the true fire rating. As far as theft security, well, not much is really 'Proof' with the right tools and/or knowledge and/or ability.

Best bang for the buck to me.