• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes SuperSnipe and Falcon Menace Scopes-Comparison?

user

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2009
USA
used search and researched each. they seem to be in the same price point or target market.

Has anyone done a comparison? Any real deciding factors to conside between the two, like FFplane?

Thanks

Re: SuperSnipe and Falcon Menace Scopes-Comparison?

Since there are several super snipers available which one are you referring to? I've got one of the original 10X SS and also a 4-14 Falcon Menace. They both perform quite well. I can answer any questions you have about them if you like.

I was shooting both yesterday, old 16x SS and 4-14falcon(without sunshade). My uncalibrated 2cents is the SS edges out clarity. The mil/mil and the variable power is enough to win the deal for me.Can't speak for the new SS.
The falcon reticule seemed busy to me on lower powers and to fine in the low light(fox ran by the plates while I was counting the hash marks)This is was the first time to use the menace, so the reticule change was significant to me. However I like the half mil marks.
My SS has been through 1200 rounds and many hunts and never missed a beat. The 16x does limit low light shooting by a few minutes compared to the falcon, due to being able to back off the magnification.
I think they are close, it is more about what reticule you want and what power you need for your application.
No one get twisted, just my 2cents.

Thank you. I was referring to the 10HD or the new one. How does the quality on each compare with one another. Are they both GTG. Thinking of buying them both. Any insight you may offer would be appreciated.

thanks

User,

The SS 10x42 HD cost around $800, it's fixed power so FFP is moot, and it is MIL/MIL. It's also made in Japan, has a lifetime warranty from SWFA, and has the latest HD glass technology. The old one's have a good rep, so the new HD one should be solid as well. But they have not been around long enough for anybody to really know. But so far so good.

The Falcon is made in a cave by 12 year old girls being paid $.70 a day, and whipped repeatedly to assemble faster; at least so the story goes......In truth, Falcon's have maybe a 5 year warranty, or 15 minutes whatever comes first, nobody really seems to know where they are made, but they are the cheapest FFP MIL/MIL scopes for around $400. They work fairly well, and the glass, and adjustments are OK, but not "first class" quality. But they are very good for the price they charge, even if they are made in a third world hell hole somewhere or not.....

Bob

i have the new SS 3-9x FFP mil/mil. It is a very nice scope for the money (less than 600 with ARD/sunshades/rings..etc..) also made in japan and warranty from SWFA, a big player in the business.

scope works great on my M1A

Re: SuperSnipe and Falcon Menace Scopes-Comparison

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The Falcon is made in a cave by 12 year old girls being paid $.70 a day, and whipped repeatedly to assemble faster; at least so the story goes......In truth, Falcon's have maybe a 5 year warranty, or 15 minutes whatever comes first, nobody really seems to know where they are made, but they are the cheapest FFP MIL/MIL scopes for around $400. They work fairly well, and the glass, and adjustments are OK, but not "first class" quality. But they are very good for the price they charge, even if they are made in a third world hell hole somewhere or not.....

Bob

</div></div>
Bob, I have it under good authority that the Falcon is made in our Parent country of China. As for it's quality I would give it more praise than you did. The scope works flawlessly. Compared to a SS the clicks are superior. The tracking is right on and the glass is fine. I may change my mind about the glass when my USO comes in but for now its good. Also I prefer the reticle in the Falcon as it has more places for holdovers.

Heck it can't be too bad of a scope as I took second place with it in the prestigious Juniper Swamp Tactical match.
laugh.gif

Humungus,

I was joking of course. Falcons work just fine, and are a bargain in today's market. There are better scopes, with better glass, and better adjustments. But they usually cost 2 to 3 times as much as Falcon's do.

They may be cheap, but they do work, and you did just fine with it.

Bob

I have an older 16X SS on a 50 BMG and it works real good.

I have a SS 10X on my Barrett . I had it for 10 years and it is still working fine. Still waiting for my USO

I have a ssx10 old model that works fine.
I had a Falcon x10, tracking was good but clicks were inferior to the SS. When I removed the turrets for 100 meters zero and put it back again the turret's white mark would never aligne with the 0 mark of the scope. There was always a small difference. MP20 reticle was good though.I sold it
I do not have the probleme withe SS.

I was able to pick up a "used but new-in-box" Super Sniper FFP 3-9x mil/mil. It's an excellent scope for the money (the deal I got was $500 with free shipping!) and has a lifetime(?) warranty from SWFA. Excellent scope for the money.

Now to get SWFA to make an illuminated version of this scope!
grin.gif