• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressed Lube

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    What are you using?

Right now I’m cleaning with wipe out. Lubing with CLP then tetra gun grease on bolt lugs lol

Solgw liberal tears. Lube the bcg every 2-300rd, only where it's worn shiny, clean the bcg and barrel extension every 1500.

Full time surpressed. Yes, it looks really bad, but it runs fine.

Reactions: deersniper
    Hornady one shot (not case lube). Works best on polished bolt carrier groups, way less mess and fouling. CLP on normal bolt carrier groups, but it gets messy running suppressed.

I am using Cherry Balmz. Love the stuff. Only clean about every 1000 and normally don't need to add any to the BCG.

MK18 factory DD upper, KAC lower, H2 buffer, Springco blue. SRT arms Typhoon can, thread mount.

LC and IMI ammunition.

shooting rapid fire drills, no more than two mags between cooling a bit.

The only lube I've found that hangs in there and doesn't require a new dose of oil to keep it wet enough to run is Rand clp.

I've tried each of these below, now I only use Rand in my MK18.
    Clp
    Mpro7
    Lucas
    Lucas extreme duty
    rand clp

Used to use oils but prefer grease now. I use cherry balmz products, but I'm sure any lightweight grease would do just fine.

This is one of my rabbit holes. At the moment, I'm using a thin coat of a paste with high MOS2 content (Jet Lube MP-50). I haven't had a chance to really run a stress test yet, but the theory is that the MOS2 is a great dry lube, so even as carbon, etc... adheres to the paste, it'll slide off easily and not adhere to the metal of the firearm.

This is one of my rabbit holes. At the moment, I'm using a thin coat of a paste with high MOS2 content (Jet Lube MP-50). I haven't had a chance to really run a stress test yet, but the theory is that the MOS2 is a great dry lube, so even as carbon, etc... adheres to the paste, it'll slide off easily and not adhere to the metal of the firearm.

MOS2 is a very good boundary lubricant. Graphite acts in a similar manner as the MOS2. I always wondered how a Teflon coating or suspended Teflon would work in a firearm.

Mobil 1 0-30, 5-20, 10-30 - after dumping 99% into engine, let qt bbl drain into bottle.

100%. Idk why people think a $20 bottle of "gun oil" is so much better than motor oil. I keep a needle oiler jar filled with 5w30 mobile one for the guns and presses. It's what Dillon says to use on there progressives.

For grease I get the grease gun out and fill a syringe. I think it's just John deere grease.

Another one in the motor oil club. Stays where you put it and does a fantastic job keeping visible wear down.

Not a fan of gear oil, though, due to the smell.

Axle grease works great, too.

I have some stuff that I make because all the stuff we used in the military didn't hold up. I make a slightly different version for piston driven guns. This is what an AK piston looks like after 700 rounds while using that stuff. No lube was applied other than at the start the range session and the piston was given one wipe with a paper napkin after I disassembled the gun. The piston was still wet and the lube hadn't burned off. You can dip a small steel rod in the lube and then hold it in the flame of a propane torch and it won't start smoking for a really long time. Most gun lubes burn off WAY too easily. This is why you are having problems with your lube not lasting when you are running a suppressor. The gas that goes into your bolt carrier is around 400 deg F.

I specifically designed this stuff for a DD MK18 with a can on it. It works great in maritime environments, too.

piston.JPG

BTW, it costs me about 30 bucks to make about a 2 year supply of my stuff.
    I’m interested.
    Where do I buy or how do I make this lube?
    Appears to be great stuff.

Another one in the motor oil club. Stays where you put it and does a fantastic job keeping visible wear down.

Not a fan of gear oil, though, due to the smell.

Axle grease works great, too.

Gear oil has a lot of sulfurized olefin or sulfurized isobutylene to form iron sulfide which protects against extreme pressure. Gear oil is not really the best choice additive wise.

Not sure why I don't just use motor oil but somehow I landed on a mixture of White Lithium Grease and Butchs Gun Oil lol.... works for me

Butch's Gun Oil smells amazing

Not sure if non-industrial people can get this material but ZDDP is a huge workhorse but unfortunately is not deemed environmentally friendly. It is still used in cheaper hydraulic fluid formulations but it is great stuff. It works as an anti-wear agent, anti-oxidant, corrosion inhibitor and is not harmful to yellow metals.

The dialkylthio phosphate derivative or ashless version works as well but is not quite as effective.

I use Frog Lube. Only reason that I use that over any of the hundred other ones is that i lime the smell.