• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors suppressed MAC

hessian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
oregon
Man comes in to my local gun store while I'm hanging out there wanting to sell a suppressed Mac . It's .45 he says, has 12 mags too. $3500. Owner not class 3 and not interested. I know nothing, but seemed way cheap if indeed the gun was as described. I could tell nothing from looking. Is that a reasonable price? Sounded like an ATF "Weaver" thing.

Re: suppressed MAC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1236</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Google "Randy Weaver"/Idaho/ Lon Horiuchi </div></div>I am familiar with the standoff and the resulting lawsuits, but I don't know what it has to do with your story.

Look on gunbroker. $3500-$5000+ sounds pretty normal depending on shape , model and manufacturer. If it was semi-auto the price would be lower even

$3500 is fair market value for a PS M10 - .45 The matching "can" is more than likey a Sionics Wipe-type can which is a mess to service and not as effective as newer technology.

I just acquired a Mac10 that belonged to grandfather and somehow made its way back into the area with a dealer. I had sent an Email of serial number and specific markings to multiple collectors asking if anyone had seen it - it showed up on consignment. I paid $4k gun & same wipe-type can....

If these are in good shape, legal, they are an incredible way to go .45acp full auto. As a civi, your choices are limited, M3A, M3A1, Reisling, Thompson, Modified M16. None of those come close to the compact size of the MAC. Parts are plentiful and important upgrades are both available and being designed as we speak. At $3,500, if it is truly a Powder Springs and in good shape, it is a great deal. Forget all suppressor related issues, all the old cans upgrade in a snap and modern FA cans are plentiful and even some compact .45 cans will work wonders for the first full clip. The only thing you really need to know regarding suppression is this is an open bolt system.

chacha_zps643ea8be.jpg