SUPPRESSOR ALIGNMENT CHECK RODS - Overview & Tutorial

GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT

Official Sniper's Hide account of Griffin Armament
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Aug 27, 2019
Watertown, WI
www.griffinarmament.com
Hey everyone, we have a new product... kind of a no-brainer being as no other silencer manufacturer offers a tool like this (with the exception of one who is co-branding one of the only other products like this out there). Anyways, here it goes!

With the appropriate Griffin Armament Suppressor Alignment Check Rod, an end-user or gunsmith can verify alignment of the chosen suppressor and mount with the desired host. Installation and use of this tool is simple and should prevent baffle strikes or any unexpected issues once you get to the range.

Griffin Armament has gone to great lengths to accommodate a wide variety of thread pitch and caliber options across our silencer mount and adapter products. This gives practically every end-user who wishes to suppress their host the opportunity to do so! With this wide range of compatibility comes its own set of issues, the main one being silencer and mount alignment to the host firearm's bore.

Suppressor Alignment Check Rods are available in .22 Cal, 6.5mm, 6.8mm, .30 Cal, .338 Cal, 9mm, & .45 Cal

For pricing and availability, please visit our website linked here:
CLICK THIS

Lunchbox27

Professional whisky drinker
Belligerents
Mar 23, 2017
Mt. Airy, MD
These will sell, fo sho! I was looking for one not too long ago for my 9mm. Found a guy online that let me borrow his, but I would have paid for one, even for a 1 time use.

Smart move on your part! Also, good to see you actually showed a demonstration on the page of "Aligned and not aligned"

Reactions: GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT

GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT

Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Aug 27, 2019
Watertown, WI
www.griffinarmament.com
These will sell, fo sho! I was looking for one not too long ago for my 9mm. Found a guy online that let me borrow his, but I would have paid for one, even for a 1 time use.

Smart move on your part! Also, good to see you actually showed a demonstration on the page of "Aligned and not aligned"

Thanks @Lunchbox27!!

Supersubes

This is Sniper’s Hide, not the Benchrest Boutique!
Belligerents
Sep 6, 2006
Rural Nevada
What’s the nominal size for each of your rods? Is there a straightness tolerance you’re sticking to?

I have some rods sold by another company and they’re far too undersized for my liking, and the finish isn’t very good.

Huskydriver

You gotta want it....
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2018
SLC, Utah
What’s the nominal size for each of your rods? Is there a straightness tolerance you’re sticking to?

I have some rods sold by another company and they’re far too undersized for my liking, and the finish isn’t very good.
Have you tried mcMaster Carr?

Reactions: Deano2246

Flying Dutchman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2020
"Have you tried mcMaster Carr?"

Received a rod from them for a .22LR a week or so ago, and it was all out of whack.

I've seen reports of this on Arfcom as well.

Supersubes

Belligerents
Sep 6, 2006
Rural Nevada
Surprised Griffin hasn’t been back to this thread.

McMaster has limited sizes, and the tighter tolerance rods are 4”. Maybe someone can link some better rods, but i’m pretty sure I’ll have to have mine made at a local grinding shop.

"Have you tried mcMaster Carr?"

Received a rod from them for a .22LR a week or so ago, and it was all out of whack.

Flying Dutchman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2020
I've been trying to find one for .22lr as my 5.56 rods are too fat. No luck anywhere.
A web search turned up an old thread on another site regarding this - wish I could find the link.

A guy in the thread said he uses injector pins. This is what he uses for his .22lr.

Ordered one last night. For $4 I figured what the heck.

GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT

Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Aug 27, 2019
Watertown, WI
www.griffinarmament.com

If you picked up one of the rods and it wasn't to your liking or there is an issue with it, please reach out to our Customer service Department for troubleshooting assistance and resolution. They're availble via phone Mon-Fri 9-5 Central and any time via email (slower responses outside business hours)

(262)200-0003 opt 1
CS@griffinarmament.com

Flying Dutchman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2020
If you picked up one of the rods and it wasn't to your liking or there is an issue with it, please reach out to our Customer service Department for troubleshooting assistance and resolution. They're availble via phone Mon-Fri 9-5 Central and any time via email (slower responses outside business hours)

(262)200-0003 opt 1
CS@griffinarmament.com
Oh no...it wasn't one of yours. It was a rod from McMaster.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Reactions: GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT

TacticalDillhole

Shiner of shoes
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jun 26, 2012
N. Carolina
Can we call these Sac (as in sack) rods?
I actually like this but curious about overall length? Especially for the 338 rod. Those big cans can get pretty long and girthy and you’ll need a big sac rod to make it work.
??. I’m having some fun here but it’s a real question. Quarantine is getting to me.

chrome

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
@GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT

Curious how this will work with running a larger can (.308 can on a 6.5cm), will the rod stay still enough to see the symmetry/alignment?

Just watched the video on the website, answers my question.

Last edited:

HenryTheAce

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
Michigan
@Supersubes

Every rod I have gotten from McMaster Carr has been great. Cheap, easy, and they ship FAST. I cut them 10-18in, grind and bevel one end, sand to smooth, oil, and paint the other end fluorescent orange to add a nice contrast. I use:

K191 (0.2120”) for 22lr
K193/K194 (0.2188”-0.2190”) for 223/556 *both can work but depending on barrel one may not fit or fit better then the other*
K204 (0.250”) for 6.5cm
K217 (0.2950”) for 300blk
K231 (0.3438”) for 9mm
K254 (0.4375”) for 450bm

No issues and nice to save money on just a quick check. I don’t feel much wiggle room in the barrel at all (if there even is any) but I’ve also never tried a $70-$80 Surefire, Griffin, or Geissele. I’ve gotten all those rods for less then the price of 1 of those. Maybe not as good as the main name brand ones but it’s better then the eyeball check. I’ve also never had a can out of whack where I would’ve gotten a baffle strike without doing this. Nice to have piece of mind though before shooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: smoooth1

Supersubes

Belligerents
Sep 6, 2006
Rural Nevada
@Supersubes

Every rod I have gotten from McMaster Carr has been great. Cheap, easy, and they ship FAST. I cut them 10-18in, grind and bevel one end, sand to smooth, oil, and paint the other end fluorescent orange to add a nice contrast. I use:

K191 (0.2120”) for 22lr
K193/K194 (0.2188”-0.2190”) for 223/556 *both can work but depending on barrel one may not fit or fit better then the other*
K204 (0.250”) for 6.5cm
K217 (0.2950”) for 300blk
K231 (0.3438”) for 9mm
K254 (0.4375”) for 450bm

No issues and nice to save money on just a quick check. I don’t feel much wiggle room in the barrel at all (if there even is any) but I’ve also never tried a $70-$80 Surefire, Griffin, or Geissele. I’ve gotten all those rods for less then the price of 1 of those. Maybe not as good as the main name brand ones but it’s better then the eyeball check. I’ve also never had a can out of whack where I would’ve gotten a baffle strike without doing this. Nice to have piece of mind though before shooting.
Thanks for the info. I’ve found those, but really would like much much tighter tolerances. That .2188-219 won’t fit in any 22cf barrel ive chambered, they’re all .218. The 6.5, that’s a lot of slop, same for the 30 cal. I do appreciate you taking the time to post those though.

Reactions: HenryTheAce

SilentStalkr

Wonna Be Badass
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2012
Somewhere in the US
Hey everyone, we have a new product... kind of a no-brainer being as no other silencer manufacturer offers a tool like this (with the exception of one who is co-branding one of the only other products like this out there). Anyways, here it goes!

With the appropriate Griffin Armament Suppressor Alignment Check Rod, an end-user or gunsmith can verify alignment of the chosen suppressor and mount with the desired host. Installation and use of this tool is simple and should prevent baffle strikes or any unexpected issues once you get to the range.

Griffin Armament has gone to great lengths to accommodate a wide variety of thread pitch and caliber options across our silencer mount and adapter products. This gives practically every end-user who wishes to suppress their host the opportunity to do so! With this wide range of compatibility comes its own set of issues, the main one being silencer and mount alignment to the host firearm's bore.

Suppressor Alignment Check Rods are available in .22 Cal, 6.5mm, 6.8mm, .30 Cal, .338 Cal, 9mm, & .45 Cal

For pricing and availability, please visit our website linked here:
CLICK THIS

That’s fantastic! I need one for a 5.45!!!!